English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 02 July 2018, 17:49   #1
Yoji

Did they mess up Amiga forever update?

Quick Q.. I am pretty sure (99.99%) that Amiga Forever was updated to use the new WinUAE 4.0 via an update delivered by Software Director etc...
So mine updated... and I had a terrible trouble with the mouse responsiveness.... it was unusable..
So I waited.. assumed they messed up and would provide a fix.. I waited.. and waited.. and nothing..
Then I had a C drive crash and so reinstalled WIndows.. and Amiga forever, but this time - when Software director checked for updates.. the update was to 7 R2 etcc.. but only to WinUAE 3.6.1... and I have no issues with mouse responsiveness..

Did I dream it all? only me?
Cheers
Old 02 July 2018, 19:43   #2
Matt_H

Granted, I'm a few versions behind on Amiga Forever myself, but in my experience Amiga Forever usually lags a few versions behind the latest WinUAE. Given that WinUAE 4 was just released, I think it's unlikely that Software Director offered an update to WinUAE 4. I suspect it may have been your imagination.
Old 03 July 2018, 04:58   #3
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy

I'm having similar issues - I have the latest version which recently updated, and once I launch an emulated system the entire thing is incredibly unresponsive.
Old 03 July 2018, 20:43   #4
Yoji

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirminator2k View Post
I'm having similar issues - I have the latest version which recently updated, and once I launch an emulated system the entire thing is incredibly unresponsive.

Can you check? easiest way is to open Amiga forever .. go to help tab, "about Amiga format", "WinUAE plugin" tab and check version.
What does it say?

Cheers
Old 03 July 2018, 20:50   #5
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy

Plugin version: 7.2.11.0

WinUAE version: 4.0.0
Old 03 July 2018, 21:32   #6
Yoji

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirminator2k View Post
Plugin version: 7.2.11.0

WinUAE version: 4.0.0

THANK YOU... I am not going mad

Anyone on who can speak for Cloanto/Amiga Forever able to comment?

I don't know how you can roll it back May be just putting the older WinUAE version back would fix. Of may be best do what I did and reinstall and let it update again (when I suspect it will only go to 3.6.1 like mine did)

Good luck - It was very frustrating for me to have an unusable copy.

Cheers
Old 04 July 2018, 18:57   #7
honx

having same issues with extreme mouse lag since update. also latest version 7.2.11.0, winuae 4.0.0 installed.
as encountered so far: the lag (unusable mouse movement) happens in windowed mode of any configuration.
if i switch to fullscreen mode, for me this extreme mouse lag is gone and emulation is usable as it used to be.
but fullscreen is no solution for me, because 4:3 screens look ugly on my monitor. so i need windowed mode.
already did some tests for cloanto, like disconnecting g15 keyboard, g9x mouse, using standard hardware, ...
as far i can tell, g15 keyboard and g9x mouse are not the culprit. same problems with hp keyboard/mouse.

and i only have these issues in emulation using amiga forever in windowed mode. as i said, not in fullscreen.
and if i run external winuae installation, which has nothing to do with amiga forever, also no problems at all.
this mouse lag only occurs, if i run amiga forever in windowed mode.

Last edited by honx; 04 July 2018 at 19:05.
Old 04 July 2018, 20:16   #8
Yoji

Thanks..
When no fix from Cloanto, I assumed it just me.. and wondered about it being mouse. I tried it with Razer Naga (2014) and now with Microsoft Classic intellimouse.. both exhibited the problem. For keyboard - I using a Razer Blackwidow ultimate (2014).. all just in raw USB mode..with whatever Win 10 driver thinks appropriate... not got Razer software installed.
Like you - I tried it with the raw WinUAE 4.0.0. and did not have any lag issues.... only within AForever.
Did not try it in full screen mode.. and now I back with WinUAE 3.6.1 and it all working fine.. I not inclined to try go back to 4.0.0 to test.

But my main concern.. is that it seems to happened to a few of us.. and if Cloanto knew about it such that they reverted back to 3.6.1... they should have pushed the fix to get people unfortunate enough to get the update before they realised... back to stable.
That's pretty bad service

Cheers