English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 29 March 2002, 19:40   #41
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Yes, as a matter of fact. A natural progression from Bobby Brady to Chaka...making me somewhat of an evolutionary revolutionary.
HAHAHHAHA...Chaka..CHAKA!!!

I always wanted to string the actor who played it and disembowel it, costume and all.
Old 29 March 2002, 21:24   #42
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Yes, as a matter of fact. A natural progression from Bobby Brady to Chaka...making me somewhat of an evolutionary revolutionary.
Well then I'm a DEVOlutionary then
Old 11 November 2002, 23:50   #43
BippyM
Global Moderator

Okay just read this!

If I had to take one game it would be Captive, it NEVER ends!!

btw you can take a game but what about the machine to play it on?

What about electricity to power it?
Old 12 November 2002, 00:52   #44
Djay
95th User

i'd befriend a Crab, and make some kind of generator.......
Old 12 November 2002, 13:59   #45
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Djay beat me to it, I'd take ADMS and I'd make one text adventure game per year.
But if it had to be a game, I'd choose SWOS.
Old 12 November 2002, 15:47   #46
Guede

If I had to be stuck and playing only the one game for five years it would have to definately be Microprose Pirates. Ive bought and played this game since it first release on the c64 then Amiga, and I even bought the P.C version.

I reckon that I would probably spend a fair bit of time sitting on my hands so I could play with myself and imagine it was someone else.
Old 12 November 2002, 17:50   #47
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by alkis21
Djay beat me to it, I'd take ADMS and I'd make one text adventure game per year.
But if it had to be a game, I'd choose SWOS.
What about Kick Off 2 Champ?
Old 12 November 2002, 18:11   #48
Daz

Just to throw mine in - I'd take Cannon Fodder of course! or possible Chaos Engine - Depending on what kind of mood I was in at the exact time of day I got mysteriously transported to a desert island having no recolection of how it happened - my god what the hell is going on! what the FUCK!

ahem.
Old 12 November 2002, 18:22   #49
BippyM
Global Moderator

What happens when your mood changes once there?
Old 12 November 2002, 19:08   #50
Daz

Then i'd get on the mobile and get my brother to drop some more off when he's passing next.

Oh and by the way - how does this island get its power? plus what kind of tv will it be? I only ever play my amiga games on a true flatscreen widescreen tv these days
Old 13 November 2002, 10:49   #51
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Quote:
Originally posted by bippym
What about Kick Off 2 Champ?
Nah, although it's still the best 2 player game the computer is too easy. I could pick Player Manager but the managing part is very simple compared to SWOS.
Old 13 November 2002, 12:53   #52
BippyM
Global Moderator

Surely someone would take Party Games
Old 13 November 2002, 17:08   #53
Incomparabile

Send a message via ICQ to Incomparabile Send a message via MSN to Incomparabile Send a message via Yahoo to Incomparabile
What a thread! It's funny, and also I will try to make you laugh

-I should take with me Workbench 1.3: I never use it

-If the island is desert "It came from the desert" is the right game

Seriously, I would take "Civilization".
Old 13 November 2002, 17:17   #54
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Civilization for me too!
Old 13 November 2002, 22:32   #55
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Settlers for me. It brings me sheer joy to see the little folks painstakingly building a mediaeval paradise...
Old 13 November 2002, 23:37   #56
blackcornflake

Well, I've tried my hardest to think of a game to beat SWOS, and failed completely. So it's SWOS.

OK. I will force myself to imagine a bleak alternate reality, wherein the world is SWOS-less. In that case I guess I would have to play Worms DC.

My criteria: rather than concentrating on the sheer size of a game, I tried to think of one that combines variability, customisation and (most importantly) the smallest risk of random event irritation. Something like a pinball game would be fun for a while, but should the ball ricochet unfairly and disappear down a gutter that one time too many, methinks the Amiga would be hurled into the sea in a mad rage. :kill
Old 13 November 2002, 23:42   #57
oldpx

Nearly finishing Ishar III, I've changed my mind about it. I'll take...Ultima VI!

...But it's just because the game has to be an Amiga title, otherwise I'd get The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind and it's expansion Tribunal. The best computer game ever made IMNSHO

Old 13 November 2002, 23:45   #58
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

@Burseg
What would you compare Morrowind to? I was looking at it in the comp shop the other day and nearly bought it. Only didnt because I dont know enough about it.
Old 14 November 2002, 00:13   #59
oldpx

I would compare it to Daggerfall, it's prequel. While daggerfall's world seemed to be wider, dungeons, quests and NPCs were quite generic and repetitive. Morrowind has a smaller world but it's still WAY larger than any RPG game around and every inch of the game world is thought on. The most important positive point about Morrowind is, the game is "believeable", you do feel like you are role playing for game mostly depends on your decisions on matters and doesn't force in quests. Compared to linear storyline and limited gameplay of other games, Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights or Pool of Radiance, Morrowind has revolutionary features. The game has it's own level/skill advancement system. It doesn't use a pen&paper based system like dungeons&dragons games. In my opinion, this is good, for it is clear that a CRPG works different than a Classic RPG game and while I like the classic AD&D 2nd edition game system, new D&D games are 3rd edition, which basically butchers all the fun. D&D games and some other RPG systems' CRPG games force you to "power play" while Morrowind's goal is to "role play"

It also looks like Wizardry 8. This game is ok as well but combats are poor gameplay-wise and has several other design faults. Might and Magic VI to IX do also use a first person perspective like morrowind therefore look similar but believe me, there is currently no game at the market that can beat morrowind's gameplay and original world.

Old 14 November 2002, 00:14   #60
oldpx

You may also check the forums at http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php