English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 January 2015, 18:28   #1
steve_mynott

"Amiga Book" for free (Electronic Edition)?

So I logged into Zinio using Facebook a few days back in an attempt to pay for an electronic copy of the recent "Amiga Book. I registered via the Facebook integration but I kept getting "connection timed out" trying to pay via Paypal and gave up in disgust after swearing at the site never to return.

And then a day or two back they emailed a promo code worth 8 quid which I then used to pay for it last night. Of course the Zinio software sucks and glossy hard copy would be better (which I couldn't find in Central London) but still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Maybe I was just lucky but it's probably worth a try for others...
Old 22 January 2015, 18:33   #2
DonAmiga

I was trying to use zinio to by another mag and was getting the same error message turns out they are reviewing paypals terms and conditions and have suspended the use of paypal.
Old 22 January 2015, 18:45   #3
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

LOL

Everyone (ok, the vast majority) use PayPal. I have certainly used it for around 7 years or more. It's much easier and safer than letting everyone know your credit/debit card details (or bank details), and when you get a new card you only need to update PayPal, instead of every site you buy items from online.

I have never heard of Zinio.
Old 22 January 2015, 19:17   #4
LieutLaww

I use Zinio for my online mags, have it on my Android tablet and never have any problems with it