English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 30 January 2024, 03:15   #21
ransom1122

I'm not sure if this is intentional or a mistake, but drag and dropping lha's into winuae when in Quickstart or Configrations TAB, forces the LHA into DF0:

Drag and dropping HDF's when in Quickstart or Configrations TAB forces the HDF into CD & Hard Drives, so i'm not sure why lha's are treated differently when they're no use in df0

Can you please force drag n drop LHA's into CD & Hard Drives?

**I'm also hoping the "Delete" Key can also function as a "Remove Selected mounted HDF" instead of having to use the mouse and clicking "Remove"

Last edited by ransom1122; 30 January 2024 at 11:22.
Old 31 January 2024, 19:43   #22
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
I'm not sure if this is intentional or a mistake, but drag and dropping lha's into winuae when in Quickstart or Configrations TAB, forces the LHA into DF0:

Drag and dropping HDF's when in Quickstart or Configrations TAB forces the HDF into CD & Hard Drives, so i'm not sure why lha's are treated differently when they're no use in df0

Can you please force drag n drop LHA's into CD & Hard Drives?
I don't think this is 5.2 beta specific..

Anyway, it checks if archive has any disk images or executables and if found, it gets inserted in DF0: (lots of recent demos are archived this way and would need manual unpack without this logic) This is not going to be changed but perhaps some limit can be added, for example if multiple executables are found, it is not supposed to be inserted in DF0:.

HDFs are automatically added to Harddrives. So do you really mean HDFs or just archives with random Amiga files that you want to mount as a harddrive?

Quote:
**I'm also hoping the "Delete" Key can also function as a "Remove Selected mounted HDF" instead of having to use the mouse and clicking "Remove"
Probably possible.
Old 31 January 2024, 21:42   #23
ransom1122

Retroplays whdload lha files I am talking about are added in df0 when dragging them into winuae, not hard drives tab.

Yes, amiga hdf files, that have retroplays lha games and a preconfigured startup sequence inside to boot the game/hdf
Old 01 February 2024, 18:21   #24
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Retroplays whdload lha files I am talking about are added in df0 when dragging them into winuae, not hard drives tab.

Yes, amiga hdf files, that have retroplays lha games and a preconfigured startup sequence inside to boot the game/hdf
Upload few examples, thanks. (don't point to some random list of files, must be files that you have confirmed are getting inserted in df0:!)

EDIT: winuae.7z might handle it.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 01 February 2024 at 21:04.
Old 02 February 2024, 01:11   #25
ransom1122

It's very random, some lha's work some don't for example lha from here

https://tukinem.itch.io/ami-hero

When in quickstart or config tab, it drops into df0.

Wheras Retroplay's LHA's for example

https://ftp2.grandis.nu/turran/FTP/R...Lives_v1.0.lha

will not drag n drop when in Quickstart or Config Tab, it only drops when in Hard drive TAB

You can see it's a bit of a mixed bag of results even with the same file extension
Old 02 February 2024, 18:51   #26
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
It's very random, some lha's work some don't for example lha from here

https://tukinem.itch.io/ami-hero

When in quickstart or config tab, it drops into df0.

Wheras Retroplay's LHA's for example

https://ftp2.grandis.nu/turran/FTP/R...Lives_v1.0.lha

will not drag n drop when in Quickstart or Config Tab, it only drops when in Hard drive TAB

You can see it's a bit of a mixed bag of results even with the same file extension
It has nothing to do with extension (and why would it? Amiga executables does not need extensions), it checks files inside the archive and tries to detect what it contains.

9Lives has only single executable so it would be inserted in DF0: (which does not happen because another check rejects it). This is not in scope of Quickstart, it is only meant for booting from somewhere, not as a second harddrive.

AmiHERO is detected as an archive harddrive.
Old 03 February 2024, 09:57   #27
ransom1122

OK, so it seems not every lha or hdf will work, depending on the archive itself depends on wether it works...

Not sure if it's possible, but when i add more then 29 HDF's WinUAE crashes.. are you able to allow 30-50 hdf's to be added in hard drives tab without winuae crashiing..

This is a common issue I have when working with 100's of small hdf's every day. Im limited to only adding about 28 or so at a time
Old 03 February 2024, 10:07   #28
phasermaniac

Hi! Marbella Vice video has finally appeared:
https://archive.org/download/marbell...-laserdisc-pal
Maybe these photos of its hardware gives any clue to you to make it work?
https://img.recreativas.org/201806/p...vice-p5435.jpg
https://img.recreativas.org/2024/01/...ice-c19752.jpg
https://img.recreativas.org/201806/c...vice-c5433.jpg
Old 03 February 2024, 10:31   #29
LanceT

Toni have noticed that the NVRAM files on GUI RESTART or QUIT changes size to 560 bytes and is filled with zero's
It seems okay on the Official WinUAE 5.1.0 release. I just noticed it in winuae64_5200b6 so I went back to winuae64_5200b1 and it is happening their too.
In my example:
The Original is a 2k NVSram(U13) used in Web Picmatic and ALG Games(IMG1)
On 1st boot or reset the rom is extended out to 4k (IMG2) filled with zeros leaving the 1st 2k intact (not a problem)
When I GUI restart (or GUI Load)the file changes to 560bytes then changes back to the 4k (as above) somewhere in the booting process?
When Quitting the NVRam file (IMG3) is left at 560bytes filled with zeros.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mk48z02b-20 (Original2k).PNG
Views:	46
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	81540   Click image for larger version

Name:	1st boot or Key or GUI reset(Exp4K).PNG
Views:	44
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	81541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Restart or Quit(560bytes).PNG
Views:	30
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	81542  
Old 03 February 2024, 10:38   #30
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceT View Post
Toni have noticed that the NVRAM files on GUI RESTART or QUIT changes size to 560 bytes and is filled with zero's
It seems okay on the Official WinUAE 5.1.0 release. I just noticed it in winuae64_5200b6 so I went back to winuae64_5200b1 and it is happening their too.
In my example:
The Original is a 2k NVSram(U13) used in Web Picmatic and ALG Games(IMG1)
On 1st boot or reset the rom is extended out to 4k (IMG2) filled with zeros leaving the 1st 2k intact (not a problem)
When I GUI restart (or GUI Load)the file changes to 560bytes then changes back to the 4k (as above) somewhere in the booting process?
When Quitting the NVRam file (IMG3) is left at 560bytes filled with zeros.
Are you really using 5200b6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasermaniac View Post
Hi! Marbella Vice video has finally appeared:
Wrong thread. This has nothing to do with 5.2 betas.
Old 03 February 2024, 10:55   #31
LanceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Are you really using 5200b6?
I was actually using B5, I had downloaded B6 didn't get around to unzipping it, sorry for that..

Confirmed fixed in B6

Last edited by LanceT; 03 February 2024 at 11:12.
Old 03 February 2024, 15:22   #32
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...nuae_5200b7.7z
https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...ae64_5200b7.7z

Beta 7: (RC1, final in 1-2 weeks)

- On the fly changing OSD font size didn't update OSD allocated vertical size until mode was changed.
- When opening fullscreen mode, OSD font was generated after texture allocation. Font was correct but OSD led boxes had wrong height.
- Start emulation, minimize window, click notification icon -> forever looping GUI open failures. (because minimized main window was detected as being minimized -> close GUI window. When GUI window was mid construction..) Very old bug.
- In some situations minimized GUI position was saved as current GUI position to registry/ini.
- Some "Fake 60Hz" modes had blank screen (Wings of Death) without Overscan+ or higher overscan mode.
- Drag&drop archive file in Quickstart mode and archive contains more than one executable, don't insert it in DF0:.
- Drag&drop archive file in Quickstart mode with not autodetected contents but it has Amiga executables: insert it as a harddrive.
- Max harddrive limit bumped to 50 (was already 50 in some places but 30 in some others) and check limit properly.
- Quick fix to prevent ALG Marbella Vice boot crash. (Really stupid interrupt code that breaks if LD player answers too quickly.. and also enables disk sync interrupt and crashes if it gets one. This is also worked around). ALG LD player command 0x55 added (Frame Mode), MV requires it. Nothing else tested yet. It might work or might not. At least highscore list appears now.
Old 04 February 2024, 05:30   #33
ransom1122

Quote:
- Drag&drop archive file in Quickstart mode and archive contains more than one executable, don't insert it in DF0:.
- Drag&drop archive file in Quickstart mode with not autodetected contents but it has Amiga executables: insert it as a harddrive.
Drag&Drop LHA's work in Quickstart TAB Works but not in Configurations TAB
Drag&Drop ADF's work in both Quickstart & Configurations TAB
Old 07 February 2024, 14:40   #34
Pingui

Quote:
- Some "Fake 60Hz" modes had blank screen (Wings of Death) without Overscan+ or higher overscan mode.
Thank you very much for your correction.

Now the game "Wings of Death" loads perfectly in the new 5.2.0 Beta 7

Regards.
Old 10 February 2024, 18:35   #35
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...nuae_5200b8.7z
https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...ae64_5200b8.7z

Beta 8:

- Clicking GamePorts panel remap/test crashed in some situations (remap device, change device type to something that has less events, remap device)
- In some situations GamePorts remap setup (number/type of buttons etc) didn't match selected device type (mouse, joystick, gamepad etc) and changing it did nothing.
- Better vertical positioning of NTSC mode in normal Overscan mode. Previously calculation used PAL max overscan height. Overscan+ and Overscan in NTSC mode now have almost same vertical positioning.

American Laser Games/Picmatic updates. Discussion thread here: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=84888

- LD serial port communication timing adjusted and previously unemulated LD commands implemented (REPEAT and MARK SET). Now Picmatic Marbella Vice lightgun game works.
- ALG/Picmatic LD player always unpaused after exiting GUI, even if it was paused before entering GUI.
- ALG/Picmatic statefile support. Note that complete data is not saved, for example LD and NVRAM paths. Matching config file must be loaded first.
- Picmatic (Marbella Vice) player one/two gun selection implemented. Oddly there are two methods: parallel port first data pin selects gun but it is not used when in gun calibration service menu, only during game play. Other method is IO port at $f60000 which is used both in calibration menu and during game play. (Maybe Picmatic games had different hardware versions?). ALG uses joystick port #2 button #2 pin.
- ALG and Picmatic (Marbella Vice) input events now match. Picmatic games use different hardware and different joystick port pins than ALG, emulation now automatically remaps Picmatic events to matching ALG input events.
- Genlock overlay position relative to Amiga display does not anymore change when display panel settings are changed (lores/hires/double etc). Genlock image position was not correctly centered if genlock image size was (much) larger or (much) smaller than Amiga display size. Do not scale if video height is almost same as Amiga display height (+-8 lines). This fixes ugly horizontal artifacts when odd and even lines get "mixed" mid screen.
Old 12 February 2024, 16:36   #36
daffyduck

WinUAE x64 5.1.0 and 5.2.0 Beta crashes with Pimiga 4

Greetings,

I use Pimiga 4 with WinUAE 32bit binary (5.1.0 and 5.2.0 Beta).

With DiskInternals Linux Reader I have extracted from pimiga4.img the following folders/files:

1) pimiga/

2) amiberry.intel/conf/
AmigaGamesSelector.uae
AmigaVision.uae
Pimiga4.uae

3) media/pi/

Inside WinUAE, I have loaded (one by one) the three .uae configuration files and fixed the hard disk paths.

Although WinUAE 32bit binary works fine with Pimiga4.uae, the WinUAE 64bit binary crashes with JIT errors.
Old 12 February 2024, 17:44   #37
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffyduck View Post
Greetings,

I use Pimiga 4 with WinUAE 32bit binary (5.1.0 and 5.2.0 Beta).

With DiskInternals Linux Reader I have extracted from pimiga4.img the following folders/files:

1) pimiga/

2) amiberry.intel/conf/
AmigaGamesSelector.uae
AmigaVision.uae
Pimiga4.uae

3) media/pi/

Inside WinUAE, I have loaded (one by one) the three .uae configuration files and fixed the hard disk paths.

Although WinUAE 32bit binary works fine with Pimiga4.uae, the WinUAE 64bit binary crashes with JIT errors.
I can't help without config files and harddrive images..
EDIT: Please upload them somewhere..

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 12 February 2024 at 18:05.
Old 12 February 2024, 18:59   #38
daffyduck

Quote:
I can't help without config files and harddrive images..
EDIT: Please upload them somewhere..

Greetings,

I have send you a p.m. with all the info that you have asked.

Best regards,
DaffyDuck
Old 12 February 2024, 19:36   #39
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Above crash was caused by having too much Z3 space used. JIT can work badly if config isn't "good enough". Probably can be improved someday..
Old 12 February 2024, 20:14   #40
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...nuae_5200b9.7z
https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...ae64_5200b9.7z

Beta 9: (RC2)

- Advanced chipset CIA E-clock mode can be changed on the fly.
- Picmatic Zorton Brothers boot hang fixed. Too long delay in LDP ACK reply. For some reason all other LD games didn't care. Note that LD dump is not (yet?) available.
- Genlock scaling was broken (b7/b8) and only appeared to work if both Amiga and genlock image size was almost identical.
- Genlock video/image was not affected by TV Overscan modes.
- Quickstart "American Laser Games" renamed to "American Laser Games / Picmatic". Quickstart also now automatically enables NTSC if ALG game, disables NTSC if Picmatic game.
- Do not emulate OCS Denise "blanking bug" unless overscan mode is Overscan+ or higher. "Blanking bug" lines can appear in some centering modes even in normal Overscan mode and they look too ugly. (Yes, this is correctly emulated but they are usually hidden in overscan)
- 68040 MMU faulting MOVES special case handling fix (Andreas Grabher)
- Advanced chipset panel "Custom register byte write bug" emulation fix.
- Harddrive panel Enter and Delete key shortcuts work again.