English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 17 April 2016, 11:57   #21
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Is this only me or the Worms CD32 version crashes randomly on a CD32 console ? (GURU)
(probably memory too low)
With these files i uploaded?
I've yet to burn a disc, was waiting for final content before a few days testing.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 April 2016, 15:58   #22
jotd
Cat freak

No, I mean with the original version (cracked to remove the code).
Old 17 April 2016, 16:03   #23
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Is this only me or the Worms CD32 version crashes randomly on a CD32 console ? (GURU)
(probably memory too low)
Worms is one of the few titles that requires you to start the CD32 with the CD lid opened followed by you inserting game and closing the lid.

It will work as long as you do this for the compilation, Some CD32 titles need the CD32 Boot Animation to play before they work. Simply turning the CD32 on with the disc already in skips that sequence and stops it from working.

It is pretty stupid.

It is either a bug or a basic form of protection to stop games being run on non CD32 Amiga's
Old 17 April 2016, 17:05   #24
jotd
Cat freak

Good to know!

I think it's not a protection since worms CD works fine on a real amiga with fastmem. It's just that the memory layout changes and triggers the bug.
(I bet it's not written in the game manual)

There are better ways of checking that the game runs from real CD32, like reading the value of $B80000: $C0CACAFE if Akiko is present.
Old 17 April 2016, 17:08   #25
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

For some strange reason there is slightly more memory available (or less fragmentation) if CD is inserted after CD32 boot screen..
Old 17 April 2016, 21:54   #26
earok

You might want to do a RAD booting script for Worms. Maybe play the CDXL intros first before rebooting the console.

I was going to test German language (I know with an old release of my Worms collection it'd crash right away if you put it in German) but on your disc it seems to give a weird "Where's disk 3" error
Old 17 April 2016, 23:18   #27
Amigajay
醉拳

Yeah I have put a few more of the cd32 releases via rad script booting earlier because I added hip music on the menu and they didn't like adding hip quit to their startup sequence, but since I can't get kingpin working via rad I have removed the music again.
I will burn a disc tomorrow and see how it all goes esp ab3d which is playing up in winuae to see if it loads every time on real hw.
Old 18 April 2016, 19:50   #28
Amigajay
醉拳

All good so far on real hardware, all Alien Breed games running, Alien Breed 3D works fine which is the one I thought might be a problem, on winuae you need to leave it 10 or so secs on the main menu before you start a game otherwise it gets stuck on the intro txt with a halt3 error, on real hw it works everytime.

More testing all this week, if all goes to plan expect a release this fri or sat.
AdSense AdSense