English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 25 February 2016, 20:56   #21
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Doens't backbone require an 030 or is ridiculously slow on anything but an 030?
Depends on how much you have happening on screen at once, amount of colours and resolution, but no a 020 is fine if you keep it within boundries, which is fine for my first game. Like SEUCK kit i guess the more you use it the more the limitations show, but again im fine just to play around and make a little game.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 29 March 2016, 15:58   #22
Amigajay
醉拳

Just added some of the collections I'm working on, they are getting larger esp Team 17 and Psygnosis Collections so expect releases to dry up from me in-between!

Edit: oops just noticed Earok you had a Team 17 collection down, mine will include the Alien Breed and Worms games, though not the data disk stuff for Worms just the plain releases, maybe we can Team (no pun intended!) up and help get this one out in April? I know your busy with GGS and loads of other stuff, so i don't mind pushing on with it, i have 20ish/31 titles running so far, may add the PD releases to the collection, depends on control methods as i want of course everything to run on a stock CD32.

Last edited by Amigajay; 29 March 2016 at 16:20.
Old 31 March 2016, 09:15   #23
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Just added some of the collections I'm working on, they are getting larger esp Team 17 and Psygnosis Collections so expect releases to dry up from me in-between!

Edit: oops just noticed Earok you had a Team 17 collection down, mine will include the Alien Breed and Worms games, though not the data disk stuff for Worms just the plain releases, maybe we can Team (no pun intended!) up and help get this one out in April? I know your busy with GGS and loads of other stuff, so i don't mind pushing on with it, i have 20ish/31 titles running so far, may add the PD releases to the collection, depends on control methods as i want of course everything to run on a stock CD32.
May as well do the Team 17 one yourself I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can, some of them can be tricky to run (especially Alien Breed 3D 2). The Team 17 library is huge, were you looking at just the T17 developed games or the published ones too?

I'd definitely recommend you hold off if you can though. We've made contact with Andy Davidson on Facebook and he may have a new update to Worms DC to release (sinking levels, selectable worms etc)
Old 31 March 2016, 10:19   #24
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
May as well do the Team 17 one yourself I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can, some of them can be tricky to run (especially Alien Breed 3D 2). The Team 17 library is huge, were you looking at just the T17 developed games or the published ones too?

I'd definitely recommend you hold off if you can though. We've made contact with Andy Davidson on Facebook and he may have a new update to Worms DC to release (sinking levels, selectable worms etc)
Yeah you did a great job even getting AB3D2 to run on a CD32! Yeah i may need help with getting a couple to run, i'm up to 23-24 running (still to add dedicated controls etc)
Both the developed and published titles which is 31 by my reckoning. Well I've got a good 3-4 weeks to get everything working as I'm busy with bloody decorating too atm regarding holding off for Worms, though i think maybe its still better just to have all the Worms extra stuff on your excellent Worms standalone collection?

The collection is big yes, but not as big as the Psygnosis one, only 50% in fact lol
Old 31 March 2016, 13:13   #25
earok

Haha fair enough. What are you going to do for the launcher?

AB3D2 I owe a big thanks to Psygore, although I managed to get the damn thing loading myself I couldn't work out how to default it to CD32 pad controls without his help (without that you'd still need a keyboard to put it in CD32 pad mode!)

Incidentally there was already a Team 17 collection out there, but with a large number of games requiring an SX32 - I bet you'll be able to get all of them running without fast ram

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=13077
Old 31 March 2016, 14:45   #26
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Haha fair enough. What are you going to do for the launcher?

AB3D2 I owe a big thanks to Psygore, although I managed to get the damn thing loading myself I couldn't work out how to default it to CD32 pad controls without his help (without that you'd still need a keyboard to put it in CD32 pad mode!)

Incidentally there was already a Team 17 collection out there, but with a large number of games requiring an SX32 - I bet you'll be able to get all of them running without fast ram

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=13077
Atm I'm just using the AGS (or the updated version i think) as its currently the only menu system that allows more than 16 items at a time (believe me I've gone through tons of pd, coverdisk etc collections to find a customisable one!)
AB3D2 actually runs better than i thought it would, ok it was in winuae in cd32 mode and the window was small but it was playable at least!

Yeah i have the old Team 17 collection, i would have modified and used their menu but its all coded in so no luck there!

Yeah this collection I'm doing is for stock CD32 machines, that old collection you needed 4-6mb fastram, keyboard, mouse etc

I've got the A1200 version of Super Stardust running, though a pesky window pops up that you can get past, the CD32 version runs out of memory, prob with the AGS menu system running, so i might have a couple of games using button holds on boot up (will need your coding skills for that!)
AdSense AdSense