English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 21 October 2003, 03:28   #61
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
M8 where can i get this TAPPER? im looking and all i find is Taper?
Old 21 October 2003, 06:41   #62
Amiga1992

Duh, it's an obvious mistake from my part.

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/taper.html
Old 21 October 2003, 16:42   #63
ElectroBlaster

cheers bud
Old 23 October 2003, 20:40   #64
ElectroBlaster

Update time! I managed to make a fully working audio cd of speccy games at last

And I did it with VirtualPC running ME and a dos window lol.
it works great with msdos apps like PLAYTZX and VOC2WAV!
Old 23 October 2003, 22:57   #65
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Speccys are great due to their line in. Id do some Speccy cds myself if i had the Tosuck TAP/TZX sets.

As to Amstrad and C64 tho....former might be possible. Ive still got to give the Tape/Line In adaptor more exploration as if a guy had it working in his Speccy +2s tape drive its gotta be feasable.
Old 24 October 2003, 02:25   #66
ElectroBlaster

Has anyone recorded a c64 *.tap game with a common tape deck by using waveprg23 or higher?

The thing is even tho i havent tried yet i found out c64 games are a little funny about how they are taped, 50hz and 60hz modes can be picked etc according to a program called PTAP?

if somebody has done it then please let me know! its too late to try now as im off to bed 1.20am here so i will try later!

cheers guys
Old 05 June 2005, 15:54   #67
dannystaple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figi
Yeah, well, can't blame you. There are really just two things that are worth buying a C2N: The "loading" tunes of Last Ninja 2 and Arkanoid II. 'xcept for these, use a 1541 for god's sake. ;-)
Dont forget "Invade-A-Load" - I sometimes ended up stopping the loading game, and just playing that instead. That was a really neat idea!

For those who have never heard of it - it was a tiny space invaders game (fairly good one at that), that could be played while a game was loading.

Old 05 June 2005, 16:20   #68
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Invade-A-Load was cool yea ... And there was the paint-round-the-squares one too (cant remember the name atm)

Ooh ooh and Mix-aload .. That was cool too .. all that pitch bending and such .. great fun.

(I bet lots of ppl missed out on these by having frozen pirated versions of the games)

(Heh coincidently i've just seen FromWithin has mentioned Invade-a-load in a /. article 4 days back)
Old 15 October 2011, 17:31   #69
s2325
Zone Friend

If someone need simple instruction how to load C64 games with very cheap tape adapter, also very cheap Vakoss digital player http://www.vakoss.net/upfiles/images...7041304890.jpg (sorry, I don't know name of this model) and standard C64 tape drive:
- download game in .t64 format
- download WAV-PRG 3.6 and Audiotap 1.6 installer for Windows http://wav-prg.sourceforge.net/wavprg.html
- install and run wav-prg application
- select .wav, do not change any settings, click OK and choose your .t64 file, open, save
- connect Vakoss device to PC with USB cable, you don't need any drivers
- copy converted wave file to AUDIO directory
- disconnect Vakoss device, play converted file and change equalizer settings to 'R' by pressing top right 'shoulder' button, set volume to max by pressing up on d-pad
- insert tape adapter into tape drive, audio cable should be on right side of adapter
- try to close tape drive, you need to use some force, but not much, audio plug should stay outside
- connect audio cable from tape adapter to audio output of Vakoss device
- turn on C64
- press shift+runstop on C64
- press play button on tape drive and Y button on Vakoss device at the same time
- press and hold for ~15 seconds space key to skip tape drive pause
- play game

Last edited by s2325; 17 October 2011 at 15:11.
Old 17 October 2011, 15:13   #70
s2325
Zone Friend

Updated, it will load most if not all games.
Old 17 October 2011, 16:46   #71
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
for amstrad, you need to use CPCE to load the CDT file, and then save as WAV, but a WAV form that is perfect to load on the real computer.

The mp3 format is destructive, i did already many test, and some games can't be outputed correctly by most tools like tape2wav, cdt2wav.

the sound level needs also to be set on both digital tape and amstrad cpc.

Other than that, i am able to launch and run any CPC tape game on my real hardware (CPC 464, CPC464+).
Old 17 October 2011, 18:35   #72
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
for amstrad, you need to use CPCE to load the CDT file, and then save as WAV, but a WAV form that is perfect to load on the real computer.

The mp3 format is destructive, i did already many test, and some games can't be outputed correctly by most tools like tape2wav, cdt2wav.

the sound level needs also to be set on both digital tape and amstrad cpc.

Other than that, i am able to launch and run any CPC tape game on my real hardware (CPC 464, CPC464+).
I've tried various playback devices and can never get a loud enough volume output, this was for the ZX Spectrum.

It is probably worth noting that you will find this on all laptops and media playback devices. These days the decibel output is regulated for safety reasons.
Old 24 October 2011, 11:07   #73
Twiggy
\m/

With the ZX (+2a) I never had any luck with playing it through the line-in port, but instead using a iPod to cassette adaptor, I just hooked that up to my laptop and either played the tzx/taps with playtzx (linux) or converted them using one of the many converters out there. Most games seem to work that way.