English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 06 December 2004, 13:23   #1
BippyM
Global Moderator

Lace

Is it possible to add an option that tells you if the lace flag is set?

Something on the window along with the fps and floppy drive details would be great.. maybe an I or something

This will make life easier when I am ripping demos etc that have sections in lace and non-lace
Old 07 December 2004, 21:27   #2
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

Hah, with my method you don't have to worry about lace and non-lace ^_^

I'm about 75% finished developing my method. Only thing I need to do now is test it with some interlaced source material and make sure that the field order is correct. So far, with my current method, I've got MPEG-2 files for 3D Demo/Anarchy and Arte/Sanity, and they look awesome and perfectly 100% smooth (tested at 60fps playback speed since I'm NTSC).

Still, it'd be good from an information standpoint. It'd also be nice to see some of the other mode registers in a palatable form, such as what screen resolution and bitdepth are being used (lores or hires, 1-5 bitplanes or HAM for OCS/ECS, 1-8 bitplanes or HAM6/8 for AGA, and EHB). It'd also be interesting to see a (semi-)realtime palette display, if it's feasible (showing only the base 16/64 colors in HAM6/8 ofcourse).

Last edited by LocalH; 07 December 2004 at 22:20.
Old 08 December 2004, 00:39   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalH
Still, it'd be good from an information standpoint. It'd also be nice to see some of the other mode registers in a palatable form, such as what screen resolution and bitdepth are being used (lores or hires, 1-5 bitplanes or HAM for OCS/ECS, 1-8 bitplanes or HAM6/8 for AGA, and EHB). It'd also be interesting to see a (semi-)realtime palette display, if it's feasible (showing only the base 16/64 colors in HAM6/8 ofcourse).
This gets quite tricky because of copper..

Just use the build-in debugger's copperlist or custom register viewer
Old 08 December 2004, 01:44   #4
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

Well, I don't mean realtime as in per-cycle, but rather just pick a single rasterline each frame to sample the data, with the open caveat that using the copper to modify any of the registers will result in an inaccurate response.

Still, if you don't want to, I wouldn't complain. Lace would be nice though, and it doesn't usually change mid-frame.

Last edited by LocalH; 08 December 2004 at 01:51.