English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 04 September 2016, 10:20   #1
IvanEBC

A4000 requires repairs in Australia / Adelaide

Hi Guys - this story got long so i'll try to use bullet points. I live in Adelaide, Australia

- Got Amiga 4000/040

- Removed old battery and sent to Melbourne for recap and install new lithium battery

- Upon return. Workbench didn't keep time, so battery looks good, but not working.

- upon return, i noticed (and i believe may have had the issue originally) that the sound output was broken, missing channels.

- Discussed with my capper and he said some repair did happen in that area and i found some rewired parts.

- Googled my issue and found a 2.5hr long repair on the EXACT same issue and even discovered that the caps are likely in the wrong way around because Commodores spec had them around the wrong way, apparently a common thing with all Amigas!!

- Found new local guy but after two months, he has visited once but doesn't seem interested in fixing this.

I would hate to see a perfectly working Amiga 4000/040 slowly go to waste so i'm looking for someone who loves and cares for Amigas who lives in Adelaide preferably who can

1> Recap the capacitors the right way
2> Fix the audio issues.
3> Get the new battery to function

I can't blame the guy for putting the caps in the wrong way, he followed what Commodore said, saying that, he hasn't been interested in talking to me about correcting it.

I don't expect anyone to watch the whole thing, but for those interested, the youtube i mentioned.
[ Show youtube player ] Part 1/2

If i do find someone and wants more info, i have lots of images before and after the repair and emails that discuss the issue at hand, but want to keep this short so people don't get bored

Thank you.