English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.EAB File Server

Old 11 January 2016, 10:33   #181
phluxx

On Linux I just fired a single wget command to download the whole folder. But I guess this does not help you much now..
Old 11 January 2016, 10:59   #182
breech
Asking stupid questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
I'm tired so I probably didn't notice, but is there anyway of downloading each of these packs in a single rar/zip file? Rather than 200mb each
Use a decent FTP app, Filezilla for instance and enter the details from the OP.
*Before clicking quickconnect, close any EAB browser tabs because they count as an extra connection, when FTP is only allowed one.

local site: Set this to your download location.
remote site: Browse to the folder you want to leech, right click, download.

FDM - free download manager is even better, but requires some tweaking (especially the max connections setting)
Old 11 January 2016, 19:02   #183
Neil79

Old 11 January 2016, 19:05   #184
Akira

Is it possible to have an updated main package that has all the proper files up to the most recent version? To be honest I get confused as to what I should download and for new people it'd be best to download one package rather than a package and subsequent updates.
Old 11 January 2016, 19:34   #185
TuKo
Apollo Team

You can build your own with tools offered some pages before, it takes just a couple of minutes and you can even customize your final package.
Old 11 January 2016, 20:49   #186
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Is it possible to have an updated main package that has all the proper files up to the most recent version? To be honest I get confused as to what I should download and for new people it'd be best to download one package rather than a package and subsequent updates.
I could do that, but then the .. people who like to download the whole FTP (yes, always someone on doing that for some reason) would download a lot more since I'd have to double it.

Example. 3 days, 4 hours and counting.

If I make a new full package, the people just wanting to upgrade will complain. If not, the other group of people just starting out will complain =)

But its quite easy.
Download full 2.0 of, say, games.
Download updates 2.1 to 2.5 (all of them) for games.

Extract 2.0 to a folder somewhere.
Run the updater program I pasted above. Point the destination to where you extracted it and the "Games_WHDLoad" folder (folder you point to should contain the 0-9 A-Z folders).

Point the update file to update 2.1. Hit go
Once done, change to update 2.2, hit go.

Do that until you are up to date and its done =)

Or try phluxx's script one or two pages back.

Last edited by Turran; 11 January 2016 at 20:57.
Old 11 January 2016, 22:04   #187
Neil79

Thanks for the fileZilla mention, got all the stuff! Cheers guys
Old 10 May 2016, 17:03   #188
TEOL

Any idea if the main site frontend for these WHDLoad preinstalled games WHDownload is going to get updated with the latest Turran pack soon?

I think the maker of the site should really hand the reigns to you mate as it hasn't been updated in years.

That used to be my favorate site for them as it let me pick and choose with the full title and version wrote down and stuff.

I would love to see every single game, pd and magazine demo disk available on the WHD format eventrually so that people who have to use the loader thing because they don't have enough memory to load HD games from Workbench can kick the normal HD games off by having the full memory of the machine used on them but I don't see it happening even with it being free for everyone to make their own slaves for the rest sadly but at least with WHDownload being updated everyone can get the existing ones without getting the games they don't want by having the option to get single filed versions from there.

Good job on the packs for those of us who do want every WHD game and demo ever by the way as it's a major help to the community. Just wish someone could be bothered about updating the WHDownload site as well as that was my favorite way to get the updates in the past for the games and demos I want and if they can't be bothered why not they should handle it to someone who can ie. the best WHD versions of games uploaders from here aka you and retroplay.

Love the packs but also love being able to research the updates on that site and pick up the ones I want to play if you get what I mean by that. Maybe the full packs could even be added as an alternative option for getting them from the site if you took the reigns and added that option as a tab and wrote something like you can get the full version updates from our FTP Server and post a link to the folder whilst in the A/Z the seperate files can be added as usaul too which gives us double options through the site interface?

Last edited by TEOL; 10 May 2016 at 17:24.
Old 11 May 2016, 08:48   #189
Turran

Its a good idea and I'd be happy to host it, although someone else have to do the work.

I'm happy enough just updating my full sets every now and then =)
Old 11 May 2016, 14:10   #190
TEOL

With someone maintaining the website adding in the extra tab for the full sets, you putting the full sets into the full sets tab and Retroplay putting his seperates updates on there it would be great to see that site being updated again.

How comes WHDownload hasn't been updated in years anyway? Has the host left the scene or has something else happened to the host?
Old 11 May 2016, 16:01   #191
Turran

I have no idea to be honest =(
Old 29 May 2016, 15:54   #192
Amon_RA

Is anyone at EAB maintaining an iGame screenshot pack that is up to date with the latest eab whdload game packs, especially the AGA games?
Old 07 June 2016, 03:06   #193
Xebec

Just here to say Thank you Turran for keeping these updates coming over the years! I'm still "new" to Amiga (Atari 800, Atari ST...) but enjoying these along with restoring an A500 and A1200..
Old 07 June 2016, 15:30   #194
Turran

Pleasure. I just put them into a nice package though. The WHDload slave creators and Retr0play gets all the honor.
Old 12 June 2016, 14:12   #195
TEOL

June 2016 is out now in Retro on Final Installs and Beta installs have started to become a new Retroplay trend too now.

Just a heads up for a 2.6.
Old 13 June 2016, 12:25   #196
Turran

I don't quite understand what you mean =)
Old 13 June 2016, 13:25   #197
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Turran, do you mind if I set up a HTTPS mirror of this stuff?
Old 13 June 2016, 14:10   #198
Turran

Is there a need? We have the FTP and a mirror for it.
Old 13 June 2016, 14:55   #199
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I just want to say a -

\O/\o/ "Huge Thanks" \o/\O/

For all your efforts Turran!

They are appreciated my friend.
Old 13 June 2016, 15:07   #200
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Is there a need? We have the FTP and a mirror for it.
It's painfully slow for me. Not so much of an issue for the updates as they are relatively small, but for the initial pack it takes a good while. Not the end of the world, just wondered if you thought it was worth it.