English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 06 December 2001, 14:46   #1
poppe

Send a message via ICQ to poppe
bubba n stix..

A pretty dumb question i guess but, ive played bubba n stix some weeks ago and it all was just fine until i got to this tree with a cliff that was inpossible to jump up to. How do i get passed this? I guess its easy but ive played for hours without any luck...
Old 06 December 2001, 15:40   #2
Tim Janssen

Lightbulb Put the stick in the wall

I assume you are still stuck in the first level. If you examine the cliff you will see it has a hole. You must put Stix in this hole by pressing fire and moving the joystick right. Now, jump on Stix and enter the cliff.
Good luck.
Old 06 December 2001, 15:54   #3
poppe

Send a message via ICQ to poppe
yeah..

Im on the first level. Thanks, i guesed that it had to be some tricky stuff like that. Usually it takes one of those tricky things and when you found out how then the whole game sort of "opens up"..

Thanks!
Old 06 December 2001, 16:34   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well, you can expect the whole game to be like that. Actually, the first level is easy compared to what you will face as the game goes on. The puzzles can be taxing, but you must really bend your imagination as to what you can do with Stix.
Old 07 December 2001, 14:04   #5
Tim Janssen

Cool Milkbottle

Twistin, you are absolutely right. I already get stuck in the second level (the jail). In this level there are too many transporters and puzzles to be solved.
I fondly recall the 'walking milkbottle' puzzle: in this section a little milkbottle follows Bubba whereever he goes. I do not know what the purpose of that puzzle is but that animation always makes me laugh.
Old 07 December 2001, 15:46   #6
Drake1009

I remember the walking tree in the first level. There was that secret that you were to jump and throw stix behind it and then turn around and walk away so stix could hit it.
Old 07 December 2001, 16:40   #7
turk182

I think this is one of the most orginal titles to appear on the amiga.
It was so damn hard!.
The animations on ALL the characters are outstanding even by todays standards..I wonder who did the graphics & what there working on now.
BTW the tree cheat just let you go to a secret bonus level.
there is a trainer version of the game...
Old 07 December 2001, 16:58   #8
Tim Janssen

What what what?

Tricking a tree? Bonus level? Trainer version? It seems I have missed a lot in this game. A couple of months ago I discovered some passwords for later levels, but they weren't much of a help (I died in a blink of an eye). A trainer for infinite energy would be most welcome.)

I really don't know which team worked on it. I always assumed it was the 8th day (of Heimdall, Premiere -fame) but have never seen them in the credits.
Old 07 December 2001, 18:46   #9
Amiga1992

I used to start going left at the first level... You couldkill teh tree that followed you, and then you managed to get to a point with the wheeled critter thingie... once you nabbed that, it took you to a bonus level.

about the milkbottle, IIRC, you had to make it follow you until a certain point where a critter drinks the milkbottle. After that, I do not remember any further.

It's a great game, no mistake
Old 07 December 2001, 19:15   #10
Paul
RIP Friends

Here is some info (Level codes & bonus cheat)
Attached Files
File Type: zip bnstix.zip (550 Bytes, 317 views)
Old 10 December 2001, 13:11   #11
Tim Janssen

Happy Bubba is going to return to earth

Akira & Paul,
Many thanks for providing hints and tips for the game. Hopefully I will finish this game in the near future. I am afraid I must play Bubba ‘n’ Stix in an emulator since my original Amiga 500 has returned to the attic again (no room anymore in my new bedroom at my parents’ house).
Old 10 December 2001, 15:13   #12
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

I'm all for an infinite-energy trained version,anyone have any ideas where there is an infinite-energy version???
Old 10 December 2001, 22:53   #13
turk182

check out the zone for the trainer adz
Old 27 March 2002, 13:28   #14
gary

Can anyone tell me where I can get a HD installable version of Bubba 'n' Stix? The cracked version I have contains AmigaDOS files but the game insists on running from floppy disk

It doesn't matter if its a WHDload version or not.
Old 27 March 2002, 17:17   #15
Riempie
Amiga freak

I've been playing this game a lot too lately since I got the CD32-version. The first level is very easy, but the 2nd level is really hard. I need to play it more often to know where all the baddies are and to find out what to do actually.

Hmm... I have the WHDload version, I'll have to dig it up though....
Old 21 February 2005, 22:46   #16
Bli

Hii Guys ... half of you probably aren't here anymore but I'll ask anyway ...
My name is Billy Allison, and I'm the original animator/character artist for Bubba n Stix .. it makes me feel old to see that it is so old now ... anyway

Thanks for the positive comments fellas (and girls if there are any here)

I was wondering if anyone as some of you good people have interesting screenshots, and or got the intro and outro fmvs from the CD32 version

please don't ask me how to get past puzzles ... I've slept since and can't remember and I've worked on lotsa other games since

Cheers

Last edited by Bli; 23 February 2005 at 17:16.
Old 21 February 2005, 22:55   #17
Bli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Janssen
Tricking a tree? Bonus level? Trainer version? It seems I have missed a lot in this game. A couple of months ago I discovered some passwords for later levels, but they weren't much of a help (I died in a blink of an eye). A trainer for infinite energy would be most welcome.)

I really don't know which team worked on it. I always assumed it was the 8th day (of Heimdall, Premiere -fame) but have never seen them in the credits.
The team was

John Kirkland - programmer - sega genesis version,
Mark Watson - programmer - Amiga/CD32 version
Simon Phipps - BGs game design/ some coding
Billy Allison (me) - character design/animation and some game and bg design, I also did the comic in the manual and drew the box art(which some other guy painted) and other stuff too ... can't remember now

It wasn't Jerr and Ged of the heimdall team ... they were busy on heimdall at the same time I think

Last edited by Paul; 23 February 2005 at 16:53. Reason: direct signature
Old 22 February 2005, 01:10   #18
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Hey it's great to see you here and thanks for the information on who made the game! Have you seen the HOL entry for it Bubba 'n' Stix? HOL is currently missing the credits for the game, so your information is valuable. Can you confirm that all the people listed below (except John Kirkland) worked on the amiga/cd32 version and also can you remember who did the music/sfx? Was it Martin Iveson or someone else?
Old 22 February 2005, 01:16   #19
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Wink Greetings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bli
Hii Guys ... half of you probably aren't here anymore but I'll ask anyway ...
My name is Billy Allison, and I'm the original animator/character artist for Bubba n Stix .. it makes me feel old to see that it is so old now ... anyway
You should feel proud that so many people have enjoyed the game! Some of the most fantastic cartoon style graphics from any game in my opinion! Also most of the guys on here do not go away, we're into the Amiga for the long term!

I've updated the entry with the information you supplied: http://hol.abime.net/218

We are also keen to know if the Amiga version was the original version or if the Sega was (or were they both developed simultaneously?)
Old 22 February 2005, 11:13   #20
Bli

Believe me, I do feel proud, thanks to all who enjoyed it! ... I loved working on it, probably my most favourite game job I've done.

Yes, I can confirm that those in the list worked on Bubba n Stix, we all worked together on both versions and yes, both versions developed at the same time.

From what I remember, Martin Iveson did the music and Nathan Macree did the sound effects.

Last edited by Paul; 23 February 2005 at 16:54. Reason: deleted direct signature