English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 January 2016, 17:48   #1
markpaterson

Amiga OS III Yosemite

http://imgur.com/gallery/8x8onkk

My lean and mean Amiga OS 3.1 WHDLoad installation, with homemade disk icons and a cheeky nod to my trusty Mac OS X

Back in the 90s I spent endless hours making my Amiga a high end, colorful, high resolution experience. I installed MagicWB and MUI, then when NewIcons came out, I moved over to that along with just about everybody else. I had all kinds of software and add-ons from Aminet CDs (remember those?). Back then it was my only computer and I loved it with a passion.

When I finally came back to Amiga recently after a long 15 year absence, it was almost exclusively for the games (whilst my Mac Pro is for everything else). I now find a great deal of innocent charm and nostalgia in the original native 4 colour look. I decided to fully embrace it and the performance benefits it can bring.

Hardware:
Amiga 1200, ACA 1221 Accelerator, Compact Flash Hard Drive, Gotek USB floppy emulator, Sony PVM-1351Q RGB Monitor.