English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 August 2010, 17:43   #21
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermoon View Post
Since you dind't ask for any advice, this might be pretty unkind, but I'll give you one anyway: If you had invested a fraction of the time it took to write 5653 postings in this forum (mostly silly complaints, I guess)
You had better not guess.
Rather go on drawing, at least you're quiet then. Mind you, you can only be good in one thing, not both at a time.

You really got a huge problem with your ego.
And you don't seem to accept ANY criticism, or if at all, only under special preconditions.
Feels like a so-called "pop star" who wants to have all questions prepared before the interviewer asks them. Yeah, great, welcome to 1984.

Any evidence, your honor?
Quote:
Oh yeah, you're right. How stupid of me. How could that happen? I only used real dimensions for the post-its but not for the monitor. I'm such an amateur...
/sarcasm off
There was absolutely *NO* reason to answer that lippy kinda way. Plus, it's very likely to make your conversation partner answer back adequately afterwards!
Besides, if I told you that my post count (not posting, OMG, you've been trying so hard to speak sophisticated English, and then that! /sarcasm off) mostly comes from hunting for game rarities, you wouldn't believe it either. But who the fuck would you be that I had the obligation to explain myself to you? WHO?
Trying to convince you of something is equally productive like attempting to shout at a deaf person, that's what I've found out meanwhile.

Let's leave it at that. Just go your way, in the hope that your ego won't overshadow you one day so strongly that there's nothing left of you anymore.
EOD.

Last edited by andreas; 17 August 2010 at 18:37.
Old 17 August 2010, 19:27   #22
Allen1

Oh dear it seems that bad days are popping up all over the place!

The pair of you are better off just taking a deep breath and letting this slide, everyone has a bad day now and then so maybe just put it down to that before it goes any further. I am one of the worst folk for sticking my foot in it and if being a pratt was an art then what can I say except "I am an artist"

It is all to easy to get caught up in a conversation, and oh so easy to say the wrong things in the wrong context or otherwise, as I said its best to just let it go
Old 17 August 2010, 19:56   #23
Ambermoon

@Allen

You're right. Thanks for trying to help. I didn't intend to take this further, but thanks anyway.

Always funny what kind of people one can meet online (I'm not meaning you).
Old 17 August 2010, 21:26   #24
AxelFoley

Damn...
Your work is wonderful Ambermoon. Looking very nice on my monitor.
Hope you will work on this again !!! :-)
Old 17 August 2010, 21:36   #25
FreakyDan
Freaky Dan

Sorry to see that you took the bezels down.. Hope you still continue the work on them some day... Don't let other people drag you down..
Old 17 August 2010, 22:21   #26
UncleSpam

I'm sorry to see this effort stop. I was really looking forward to see other variants of the monitor with a more "high-end" (A4000) business look to it as well

- Bogdan
Old 17 August 2010, 23:08   #27
andreas
Zone Friend

He most probably took it down to make all others hate me now, just because I refused to be silenced. Shocks, I'm just a rebel, I always were. *sigh* When you're in opposition you're always the scapegoat, just as it is in politics. I'll go in my chamber now, weeping like a willow...

It's apparently just his way of taking vengeance.

Kindergarden, that's what it is!!!
I took his pacifier away, and now he slaps me.
Now who's the idiot here??
"Beleidigte Leberwurst", as we'd put it in German.

@Ambermoon, if I really proved myself to be an idiot, you clearly proved yourself to be capable of reacting like a "real adult". Yeah right.

My 8-year-old niece would have acted more sensibly than you. Go figure!

With no doubt my PM was a tad too rude - granted. But it was just your ironic reaction that made me get so FURIOUS. Sometimes it's one reaction that promotes the other. Seemingly I had a serious problem with my temper when I wrote it, but as the proverb goes, you reap what you sow. Yes, actually the proverb can now be understood either way - a fact that I can't deny.

Last edited by andreas; 17 August 2010 at 23:42.
Old 17 August 2010, 23:27   #28
Ambermoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
He most probably took it down to make all others hate me, just because I refused to be silenced.
Would you like that? Well, then be it.

Btw.: if I were you I wouldn't risk your more than insulting PM to be shown here. I don't think you would gain very much from that.

So, please simply stop. It has been more than enough.
Old 17 August 2010, 23:35   #29
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
Would you like that?
If only that was the question! The thing is that the people will decide whether they go hating on me, neither of us two.

But with no doubt your takedown will favor this, in addition to that. IMO.

Quote:
So, please simply stop
Hmm. Maybe you're right.
The typical case of suspending something for awhile, then starting freshly anew - with a clear head full of new plans.

Last edited by andreas; 17 August 2010 at 23:41.
Old 17 August 2010, 23:38   #30
UncleSpam

@andreas and @Ambermoon

I think the problem is mostly because we try to express emotions and perhaps opinions using this textual medium. Many times, we can come across the wrong way and cause things to escalate.

I have respect for both of you and for your contributions to the community and I wish there was a way to reconcile your differences and reset the whole situation. I'm sure we all want what's best for our small community.

Regards,
-Bogdan
Old 17 August 2010, 23:51   #31
Ambermoon

Uncle Spam, I appreciate what you're trying to do. Such things do happen, and they do happen all the time, no doubt. But I would say phrases like 'shove it up your ass' don't leave that much room for interpretation.

For me this was nothing more than a little fun project, but it isn't any fun anymore. And I'm simply too old to waste my time being insulted on a web forum because someone doesn't like what he gets for free - or the way he gets it.

That's it. No more, no less.

Have fun with the bezels I made. I'm pretty sure someone will continue this work, once the feature is official.

Bye.

Last edited by Ambermoon; 17 August 2010 at 23:58.
Old 18 August 2010, 00:02   #32
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
Have fun with the bezels I made. I'm pretty sure someone will continue this work, once the feature is official.
Wouldn't you need to change the license if that "someone" really wanted to continue?
Since that license type denies any permission to modify your images, I wonder if he wouldn't break the license if he did "continue"?
Old 18 August 2010, 00:07   #33
Ambermoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
Wouldn't you need to change the license if that "someone" really wanted to continue?
Since that license type denies any permission to modify your images, I wonder if he wouldn't break the license if he did "continue"?
You just can't let go, can you?

The license stays like it is. What I meant is, that someone else eventually will model and render new bezels. I'm sure of that.
Old 18 August 2010, 00:12   #34
Allen1

OK you two,

Don't you think this has gone on for long enough. From what I can see this would have ended a lot earlier is andreas would stop throwing petrol on the fire!

For gods sake let it go and maybe its time for a Mod to close this before it erupts again.
Old 18 August 2010, 00:14   #35
antonvaltaz

@Ambermoon

I'm missing something here. I don't understand why you took the bezels down. If you've got a problem with andreas, why does that affect whether anyone else can have access to your bezels?

I'm probably being slow, but I don't understand the logic here...
Old 18 August 2010, 00:16   #36
TCD

I think this thread has run its course now. Sad to see it ended like that.
Old 18 August 2010, 00:26   #37
Ambermoon

@Allen

Nothing to fear, this is my last post.

@antonvaltaz

If I were you, I would think the exact same thing, so I can't say anything against that.

If someone else wants to host these images, there's absolutely no problem as long as the license is being respected. In fact, I would be glad to see that happen.

I just don't want to be involved any longer and/or in any way.

Last edited by Ambermoon; 18 August 2010 at 00:37.
Old 18 August 2010, 00:33   #38
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

I wish the energy here would have been used for creative things... It's really sad to see this thing vanish...
Old 18 August 2010, 00:45   #39
Graham Humphrey

Andreas, you're not a rebel, you're just a grown man who really needs to act like it and stop having the last word to prove some sort of sad, petty point and presumably to massage your considerable ego.

Ambermoon - sorry to hear you have decided to stop this but that's your choice and we have to respect that. I guess there's no other option but to close this thread now but if you want or need it re-opened in the future please let me know.
Old 18 August 2010, 00:57   #40
Graham Humphrey

Yeah, I know, double posting etc but to make sure everybody sees it...

Mr. Vince sent me this link.

Could somebody perhaps host this permanently? It will probably only be up for a few weeks as it stands and it would be a shame if it wasn't 'preserved' so if somebody could find somewhere to host it in the long-term I'm sure a lot of people would be grateful. Thanks!