English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 July 2016, 14:00   #1
AndreasM

Exclamation Amiga Future issue 121 released

The English and German issue 121 (July/August 2016) of the print magazine Amiga Future has been distributed today, and can also be ordered directly from the editorial office of Amiga Future, and the other Amiga dealers that stock the magazine.

Mag Content:

Review GBAPII++ - Graphics card
Review BAUERSoft
Developers Log Reshoot

Exlusiv on CD: SqrXz 4

and so much more ... if you haven't already, get your collectable copy ordered today

A more detailed description of the contents and previews of this issue can be found at the Amiga Future magazine hompepage.

Information: http://www.amigafuture.de/kb.php?mode=cat&cat=13
Orders: http://www.amigashop.org

http://www.amigafuture.de
http://www.apc-tcp.de
Old 05 July 2016, 19:48   #2
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Is Sqrxz 4 68k really on the Cover CD? I thought the official release would be next month at GameCom. But that's cool. Another reason to buy the mag to get the game little earlier.
Old 05 July 2016, 20:15   #3
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
Is Sqrxz 4 68k really on the Cover CD? I thought the official release would be next month at GameCom. But that's cool. Another reason to buy the mag to get the game little earlier.
Yes, its really on the CoverCD. A little gift for all Subscribers
Old 14 July 2016, 10:50   #4
buzzybee

Great to know that there is a feature about RESHOOT in Amiga Future. I have not seen the complete feature yet, just got a picture with a cut out. This, unfortunately, shows some wrong claims. Would have been nice though if the author got in contact with me before writing and publishing said feature. I could have helped so sort out said claims.

- There is no Amiga-version of Twinky goes Hiking. It´s C64 only.
- Persian Gulf Inferno: I did the C64-game, based on the Amiga-original.
- Anno Domini is iOS, not Amiga.
- RESHOOT is developed using some modern tools, true. But also mainly using ASM One and pure Assembler-language on the Amiga. So there is no reason to think about Amiga-spirit getting lost or anything like that. I love Amiga, I love shoot´em-ups!

If the author would have asked, I´d be happy to help with answers. Still looking to see the complete feature. Andreas, think you could send two copies of the magazine?

Last edited by buzzybee; 14 July 2016 at 10:56.
Old 14 July 2016, 14:11   #5
DamienD
Banned

What, you mean AndreasM didn't ask your permission to write / publish an article about your game in his magazine?!?

Funny how this works; if it were the reverse there would be hell to pay and you'd be threatened with legal action...
Old 14 July 2016, 14:43   #6
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Man with taste for funky business... our version of USA presidential candidate... AndreasM....

Thank you for another issue of magazine to avoid!
Old 14 July 2016, 15:01   #7
buzzybee

Please don´t me wrong on this. I am a journalist, that´s my profession. Coding games is "just" my hobby. Therefore I know how the clock ticks and I find it perfectly okay to write a feature about my game RESHOOT with or without asking me, using the material I put online anyway.

Also to be fair Andreas did in fact inform me that there are plans to write about RESHOOT. But the author – not Andreas – just contacted me once. After replying and offering my participation in the making of a RESHOOT feature, I never got any more replys. Now I see a finished feature and its full of wrong claims.

It´s just a pity that the author doesn´t get his facts right. I mean that "Twinky goes hiking" (my first commercial games release) is a C64-production – not Amiga – only takes a couple of minutes to google. And I find it strange to speculate about the tools and programming language used for RESHOOT, and making assumptions, without ever talking to me.
Old 14 July 2016, 16:26   #8
Anubis
Retro Gamer

That shows great journalist skills used for mags that really should case to exist...

Doesn't that make you wonder what else BS is in there??
Old 14 July 2016, 22:02   #9
Graham Humphrey

Well, thanks for so casually slagging off everyone who writes for the magazine in one brief post.

Can I just point out that everyone who writes and translates for the magazine (for there are numerous people) are ordinary Amiga fans who do so in their spare time for the sheer love of it and nothing else. I know this because I have regularly contributed for many years now. Of course, we all make mistakes now and again which is regrettable but it does happen occasionally. The editor himself doesn't directly write very much at all (not even the editorial at the front of the mag, which is a job given to a different writer every issue). Nobody profits from it, we just produce a magazine for people to buy and read should they choose to (nobody is being forced to, if you wish to ignore it just stroll on by, nothing to see here). It isn't full of 'BS' - indeed, many older, out-of-print issues can be read in full on the mag's website if you ever wish to verify this.

I feel sympathy for Richard as there were a couple of errors in the article he mentions which could have been rectified pretty easily. They were no doubt honest errors but it's a bit sloppy nevertheless, but regardless I'm sure the writer in question will take that on board in future articles of a similar nature. I'm sure he realises this and it's disappointing that a genuine point he has validly raised has been hijacked by people playing the man and not the ball.

Finally, of course it would be very difficult to take legal action against someone for merely writing about a game that has information freely available in the public domain in a print magazine. That would rather defeat the point. I once wrote a review, many years ago, for a since-deceased Amiga publication of a game published by the very company you are talking about here, in which I gave it, shall we say, a less-than-glowing write up, and I promptly ended up writing for his magazine not long after. So perhaps save the stirring and hijacking for another day and another discussion.
Old 15 July 2016, 14:40   #10
buzzybee

Andreas was so kind and sent me the Amiga Future issue 121. Got it today. Now that I read the whole Developer´s Log about RESHOOT – not just the tiny text block which I was given from someone yesterday – I find it quite fair and entertaining. Said errors of course are still in there, but the rest of the feature is nicely written – in the german edition of Amiga Future at least.

So: Thanks for the Developers Log about RESHOOT, I feel honored.
Old 15 July 2016, 19:22   #11
Anubis
Retro Gamer

GH,

for me it is incredible that the same audience you think you are serving, someone can piss off all user base at the level AndreasM does.

Let's be honest, some of us are here because we love our little computers, while others are here strictly for money and profit. Not my problem that he has zero idea how to respect potential customers...

IMHO it is wrong to milk already dead cow... but some of us might think otherwise...