English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 18 September 2016, 12:42   #1
Sinphaltimus

PC/Amiga null modem serial Internet Connection Sharing

I can't find much info on this topic anywhere but here:

https://www.amigaforever.com/kb/13-106

I need to know how to verify my Amiga 500 with WB3.1 (Upgraded version I purchased from Cloanto) has TCP/IP installed and configured.

"First of all, you need to make sure that:

TCP/IP is installed and configured on the Amiga computer"

This is my Scenario:
The Amiga is connected to the PC (which has internet access), via a null-modem serial cable.

This is where I get lost but I'm not worried about this part yet because iI still have to verify TCP/IP n the Amiga. Or get it there.

" ...whereas in the second case (recommended) you don't need to set anything specific on the Amiga (as long as TCP/IP has been set up). For the computers to use TCP/IP over a null-modem serial cable, the appropriate SLIP (serial line IP) drivers and options must be set both on the PC (see the Windows documentation, as SLIP is part of the system) and on the Amiga (see the Amiga TCP/IP documentation)."

I don't think this pertains to my scenerio - "If you are sharing a null-modem serial connection with Amiga Explorer, be sure that Amiga Explorer is set to work in TCP/IP mode (not serial)." I just want to make sure.

And the for the rest, I don't see any more info like web browser configuration jto work over serial null modem or anything like that./

If this is outside the scope of support here, can anyone point me in the right direction besides google?