English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 22 September 2003, 14:18   #1
Mozzy

Mee again.... please dont shoot me

right... ordered and paid for a new a600 (wanted a 1200 but ill get one at some point i tell ya) now that means that i have a knackered a600 sitting here which largely works with a few annoying bugs...sooo....

fleecing it for parts i have the following qs,

my knackered amigas floppy drive works, if i use a dual floppy cable like you get iun pcs can i hook up two amiga drives in a chain? (i realise theres no space in the case but i could sit it outside the comp)

how much dya rekon i could get for a 2.05 kick rom?
Old 22 September 2003, 14:55   #2
ant512

Re: Mee again.... please dont shoot me

Quote:
Originally posted by Mozzy
my knackered amigas floppy drive works, if i use a dual floppy cable like you get iun pcs can i hook up two amiga drives in a chain? (i realise theres no space in the case but i could sit it outside the comp)
Nope, any extra drives have to be attached to the external floppy port, located on the back of the computer next to the serial port.

Quote:

how much dya rekon i could get for a 2.05 kick rom?
Seeing as it's now possible to pick up an A1200 from a car boot for a fiver, I can't imagine you'd get much for it. Try sticking it on eBay, though - the average eBay user seems to have more money than sense, especially when Amiga hardware is involved.
Old 22 September 2003, 19:27   #3
Amiga1992

Re: Re: Mee again.... please dont shoot me

Quote:
Originally posted by ant512
Nope, any extra drives have to be attached to the external floppy port, located on the back of the computer next to the serial port.
Are you sure? Have you tried?

I once attached an extra drive there and it appeared as DF1: in my Amiga. But it was a 5 1/4" PC drive so I couldn't do shite with it.

Maybe it does work.
Old 23 September 2003, 00:21   #4
Severin

Send a message via ICQ to Severin
IIRC it's basically the same as the big box models and you can do that with all of them, try it, your not going to break anything...

Edit: Don't forget that the amiga floppy cable also has a twist in it BUT df0: goes on the middle connector - before the twist - and df1: on the end...

Last edited by Severin; 23 September 2003 at 00:42.
Old 23 September 2003, 22:24   #5
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Never tried that, but I suppose you will also have to jumper the DF1: drive to DS1 instead of DS0.