English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 06 August 2016, 10:42   #61
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Oh, so if one wants a cheaper game: Let me tell you the price tag does not reflect all the efforts that went into the game. The game is well worth the price. And its also far cheaper than Amiga Originals were in the past.

Besides, digital releases are about the same price as discversions on PC, PS4 or Xbox - same goes for RESHOOT on the Amiga, if once there will be a digital release.

Its not about the disc. Its about paying respect to all who are involved in making the game.
I just ordered my copy

I dont expect a cheaper game even if its put up as digital download only.
I dont mind a boxed version, I just got one for Tanks Furry.
BUT I would prefere to get a digital download option even at the same price as the boxed one.

Reasons why I dont like boxed games anymore;

1) Waste of time
2) Waste of materials when there are digital alternatives
3) Pollution thru shipping

Dont get me wrong, I REALLY appriciate the effort going into this product, so take my comments as a POSITIVE feedback.
Also, I appriciate the work from the artists that design the boxed art (if there are any). But they can put that artistic effort into high resolution wallpapers or just graphics within the game.

Again, I would accept the same pricelevel for digital download.

Hope to see more productions from you!
Old 06 August 2016, 15:07   #62
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Get the CD-ROM, copy the contents to your harddrive. No need for harddrive install files. Give the booklet and the jewelcase to someone who likes it – or just bin it. So easy.
Ok, even though I disagree with your decision to not have a digital download I'll support you anyway

Purchased, but it's getting shipped to one of my EAB friends who can keep the box / packaging etc... and will just give me a copy of the files
Old 06 August 2016, 15:08   #63
invent
pixels

Hi Overflow, let me know some useful resolutions and colour depth and I can put together some wallpapers. Nice idea on creating wallpapers.
Old 06 August 2016, 15:19   #64
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Ok, even though I disagree with your decision to not have a digital download I'll support you anyway

Purchased, but it's getting shipped to one of my EAB friends who can keep the box / packaging etc... and will just give me a copy of the files

Got it! Thanks.
Old 06 August 2016, 17:42   #65
Selur

Quote:
The game is well worth the price.
One rule the game creators should remember
"The game is well worth the price only when the gamers will say Yes it is worth."
Old 06 August 2016, 19:23   #66
Paul_s

Quote:
The game is well worth the price. And its also far cheaper than Amiga Originals were in the past.
Perhaps when comparing to something like Dragon's Lair, fancy flight simulator or RPG with around 10,000 disks...

but the majority of Amiga games were around the 30euro mark back then.
Old 06 August 2016, 20:39   #67
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

I remember powder sold for 20 uk pounds of 1998 on CD but in this actual market a Tanks Furry price is IMO the best cost/value ratio;
Old 06 August 2016, 21:47   #68
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
I remember powder sold for 20 uk pounds of 1998 on CD but in this actual market a Tanks Furry price is IMO the best cost/value ratio;
Tanks Furry isn´t that complex presentation-wise and we´re producing in Germany. Our products are professionally made and the CD is pressed!
Old 07 August 2016, 03:03   #69
SKOLMAN_MWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Yeap this is not good comparison, Reshoot is scrolling shmup and Elfmania is beat'em up.
If I had to compare it to such games as X2, and the point is that the authors do play jokes.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 07 August 2016, 03:31   #70
SKOLMAN_MWS

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 07 August 2016, 10:38   #71
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
Tanks Furry isn´t that complex presentation-wise and we´re producing in Germany. Our products are professionally made and the CD is pressed!
pressed CDs are cheaper than printed and recorded..
in poland for 100 eur you can get over 2000 pressed CD with CMYK label..

our product is also profesionally made by CDLabel, and you can choose floppy disk as addition.

7,5 eur price include 23% tax and 18% income tax.. if you wanna know

sorry for my poor english

btw nice to see another new game
Old 07 August 2016, 10:48   #72
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
You shouldnt feel the need to defend yourself, espsially by comparing yourself to other developers in this small community. It leads to nothing good.

Let the game speak for itself, and those that enjoy your style will purchase it.
As Ive said before, style and design is a highly subjective aspect of game evaluation, and you simply cant make everyone happy.
Some might give this game a thumbs down, but end up loving your next game.
That has surely happened to me concerning other gameproducers and their series of developments.

I know I look forward to playing Reshoot, AND future games by you!
Old 07 August 2016, 14:15   #73
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
You shouldnt feel the need to defend yourself, espsially by comparing yourself to other developers in this small community. It leads to nothing good.

Let the game speak for itself, and those that enjoy your style will purchase it.
As Ive said before, style and design is a highly subjective aspect of game evaluation, and you simply cant make everyone happy.
Some might give this game a thumbs down, but end up loving your next game.
That has surely happened to me concerning other gameproducers and their series of developments.

I know I look forward to playing Reshoot, AND future games by you!

I´m not defending myself, I´m just talking about quality.
Old 07 August 2016, 14:19   #74
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
pressed CDs are cheaper than printed and recorded..
in poland for 100 eur you can get over 2000 pressed CD with CMYK label..

our product is also profesionally made by CDLabel, and you can choose floppy disk as addition.

7,5 eur price include 23% tax and 18% income tax.. if you wanna know

sorry for my poor english

btw nice to see another new game

Yes, I know! It´s about prices and income differences.

Glad you´re also offering great Amiga stuff.
Old 07 August 2016, 19:34   #75
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by invent View Post
Hi Overflow, let me know some useful resolutions and colour depth and I can put together some wallpapers. Nice idea on creating wallpapers.
Hey!

Currently is 960x600 @ 16bit the most useful resolution performancewise for Vampire equipped A600. Im sure that will change to higher as the core is updated.

I guess some versions for the customers will stick to non-vampire, so some high res 16 or 32 color versions?
But I think that its mostly Vampire owners that use wallpapers, and with the massive amount of orders for it, I think catering for 960x600 and higher will be most useful.
Old 10 August 2016, 18:59   #76
apex

If you do not like it, just make it better and release it.
Old 10 August 2016, 19:22   #77
buzzybee

Enhancing a game for Vampire is a lot (!) of effort. Before thinking about something like this, I´d first like to see if the community really wants and supports games for Classic Amiga – with more than just words. If yes, the possibilities for enhanced versions might be endless :-)
Old 10 August 2016, 20:38   #78
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

I wouldn't expect to get rich in the Amiga market; It seems that 150 + copies is the upper ceiling for sales, judging by pre-orders for tales of gorluth for example, then again depending on quality and availability for a wide variety of Amiga systems perhaps that number could increase.

What are the sales numbers for Tanks Furry? Does anyone know? Granted, the cheap price made it an impulse purchase for even the poorest of souls, like me! I'll have to wait for a while before I can buy reshoot.
Old 10 August 2016, 20:59   #79
Overflow

I might be way off, but with the Vampire selling like hot cakes, there SHOULD be a nice number of people going from semi dormant, to active again.

Wether or not that translates into gamesales, thats another question.
Old 10 August 2016, 21:32   #80
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I might be way off, but with the Vampire selling like hot cakes, there SHOULD be a nice number of people going from semi dormant, to active again.

Wether or not that translates into gamesales, thats another question.
I think if game was expanded to support RTG so it can be run in say 16 or 24bit modes then it would probably give Vampire owners something extra over the AGA version and might be tempting to get some new software for the new hardware.
(I hope Vampire owners are willing to spend a few bucks on software , not just hardware.)

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk