English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 01 July 2012, 02:13   #1
Hillsy_

Some problems with latest WHDLoad games...

Hi All,
Just having some problems with the latest WHDLoad games. I've installed diskimagectrl & capsimage device. Using WHDLoad 17.0 registered. I've got TVSports Football, TVSports Baseball, Team Yankee, Premier Manager 3 Deluxe & Player Manager installed, but Sierra Soccer gives me a software failure trying to install, so does Pacific Islands, whilst Project X comes up with an error 'limited reading of 901120.' and doesn't install? I am using caps images for installation, Winuae v2.3.3.0

any suggestions?
Thank you.

PS: I'll try them again later.
Old 01 July 2012, 02:32   #2
rampartsagain

have you tryed copy the game directly to the games folder without using that software caps images?
Old 01 July 2012, 09:24   #3
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

also there is a newer winuae 2.4.1
Old 01 July 2012, 12:41   #4
Hillsy_

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartsagain View Post
have you tryed copy the game directly to the games folder without using that software caps images?
rampartsagain, I use WHDLoad to installs all my games unless they have there own installer, but...I could try an adf image or something similiar. Thanks.

johnim, I don't like to update Winuae when I have a nice setup, but I'll do it as a last resort.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will look into it more.
Old 01 July 2012, 12:44   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You could also use Retroplay's preinstalled version which can be found on the EAB FTP in the folder 'Commodore_Amiga/Retroplay/WHDLoad_Updates/Games/Final_installs'.
Old 01 July 2012, 12:57   #6
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Some old installers are incompatible with the latest Whdload, or may not work with caps images for various reasons. Try whd 16.2 and see if that does anything. As mentioned, it's best just to download the full preinstalled games from the EAB FTP site.
Old 01 July 2012, 15:59   #7
Hillsy_

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. Will grab some of retroplay's final installs Cheers for the link TheCyberDruid. I just like to install them myself too sometimes, keeps me thinking about the Amiga Thanks lifeschool, may setup dual amiga's with 16.2 & 17.0 I usually just use the latest WHDLoad once it has gone past the beta stage.

Thanks all
Old 01 July 2012, 17:33   #8
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
Some old installers are incompatible with the latest Whdload, or may not work with caps images for various reasons. Try whd 16.2 and see if that does anything. As mentioned, it's best just to download the full preinstalled games from the EAB FTP site.
Since he has problems installing the games WHDLoad can't be the reason. Also, the installs he has problems with aren't old at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillsy_ View Post
Hi All,
Just having some problems with the latest WHDLoad games. I've installed diskimagectrl & capsimage device. Using WHDLoad 17.0 registered. I've got TVSports Football, TVSports Baseball, Team Yankee, Premier Manager 3 Deluxe & Player Manager installed, but Sierra Soccer gives me a software failure trying to install, so does Pacific Islands, whilst Project X comes up with an error 'limited reading of 901120.' and doesn't install? I am using caps images for installation, Winuae v2.3.3.0

any suggestions?
Thank you.

PS: I'll try them again later.
If you are using WinUAE, why not just using the IPF images as "normal" disks? That way you'll see if your problems are caused by problems with the capsimage/diskimagectrl devices.
Old 01 July 2012, 18:13   #9
Hillsy_

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Since he has problems installing the games WHDLoad can't be the reason. Also, the installs he has problems with aren't old at all.

If you are using WinUAE, why not just using the IPF images as "normal" disks? That way you'll see if your problems are caused by problems with the capsimage/diskimagectrl devices.
so instead of choosing to install via the SPS/CAPS option, just install them through normal install disk option but still using the IPF image. Will give it a go, thanks StingRay.