English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 06 December 2016, 09:44   #1
Dic_Ray

only one database for all systems(Windows, macOS, Linux ...)

Hello Frode,

would it be possible to make the FS-UAE database a bit more flexible, so it could be accessed from all supported systems?

background: I use FS-UAE Suite portable from Windows and macOS. I recognized, that I could copy the files for Windows and macOS into one file path on my external harddrive. BUT when I scan my AMIGA file collection on Windows it stores file path like E:\A-M-I-G-A\Games\... . On macOS it stores it like playHDD/A-M-I-G-A/Games/... . With a relative way to store the file path I don't need to scan my files on both systems?

Best wishes
Old 11 December 2016, 23:13   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, the launcher does support platform-independent relative paths (for the portable version).

But, this requires that the game files are located somewhere *within* the FS-UAE portable folder.

Files outside the portable directory are stored with full path, currently. This is (somewhat) by design, if the files where stored like this ../../somewhere/file.adf, the launcher would not find the file if you moved the portable directory, even on the same computer.

(But, there could in theory be an option to force the launcher to index files outside the portable directory using relative paths)
Old 28 December 2016, 20:22   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Btw, there is already a github issue registered for this improvement: https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-u...cher/issues/14