English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 02 January 2013, 12:28   #1
Hache

Time fixed done, still crashing.

Good morning people. Let me introduce myself: My name is HernĂ¡n and I'm from Argentina. I'm using Amiga (500) over 20 years ago. 6 months ago I finally decided to buy my first Amiga 1200 with 8MB RAM and I decided to enter this forum because I'm having several headaches with my new Amiga to run correctly.

I installed Classic Workbench on my 1200 with 8Mb and everything worked fine. The operating system, games and applications.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought from Amigakit an ACA1232 card, Which does not work properly.
It was originally tested in an Amiga 1200 running Classic Workbench Full and Rom 3.1. It Showed 030 with 128MB RAM memory acceleration, but 10 minutes after running a software (game, application, etc) the computer freezes, forcing the computer to be rebooted.

I've done the timing fix on my motherboard (Rev. 1D4) and now the result is the opposite.

You can play any game properly and use any application without freezes, but now I have problems with Classic Workbench. The system restarts when I do "free ram", when I want to see some System Properties or, even, if I exit a game in WHDload.

The green power led blinks a few times and then, the machine restars showing a red SOFTWARE FAILURE sign (similar to GURU MEDITATION SCREEN).

It's strange what is happening because the OS always worked fine.

Can you help me, please?.

Thank you very much and happy new year!
Old 02 January 2013, 15:18   #2
elder0010

have you done *all* the timing fixes? I had same issue and i posted 2 days ago, check my thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67182

Old 02 January 2013, 17:07   #3
Hache

I'll check.

Thanks Elder!