English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 09 April 2016, 18:04   #1081
jbl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I got totally bogus refresh values on my Linux boxes (the refresh rate was reported as 56 Hz
Do you use Nvidia with proprietary drivers installed? Do you get wrong refresh rate reports with
xrandr --q1
? If so, that could be a proof that QScreen uses old RandR 1.1 extension internally, which is a known issue with Nvidia according their FAQ.

What about parsing the output of
nvidia-settings -q RefreshRate
and if that fails use QScreen?
Attached Files
File Type: txt xrandr.txt (1.3 KB, 151 views)
Old 09 April 2016, 19:16   #1082
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yes, Nvidia proprietary drivers. I'll check tomorrow. What you say makes sense though, I remember that earlier (some while ago now), xrandr itself returned bogus refresh rates on nvidia starting from 50 and increasing by one for each mode.

On this laptop with Intel integrated graphics, I do get a quite sane value from QScreen (59.0 Hz vs 60.0 Hz from xrandr). Maybe some internal rounding-down somewhere in the code path, before the value reaches screen.refreshRate().
Old 12 April 2016, 08:58   #1083
lewren

After updating to 2.7.11dev3 under Linux I no longer can start my OS4 install with FS.
When starting I get the following error message:
Did not find required kickstart ROM for graphics_card_rom. Wanted one of these files: ['cafafb916f16b9f3ec9b49aa4b40eb4eeceb5b5b']

No changes to ROMs have been made.

Old 14 April 2016, 14:14   #1084
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Any success with ARM JIT implementation ?
Latest ARM JIT modification from TomB ensured perfect amiga compatibility (unlike original aranym sources)
Old 15 April 2016, 16:17   #1085
TEOL

Latest worked awesomely disk drive sounds and all, other than sometimes there is still a spooling disk sound when the game is on which most of the games on the real AMIGA stops the spooling when the actual content has started but they are working awesomely now none the less.

I have noticed a few graphics corruptions in this 64-Bit version when it comes to the A500+ like glitched multicoloured lines going down the screen whilst playing some 1991 Pure ECS coverdisks on it but the normal A500 worked just fine during those same games in 1MB but I do like to play my 1991-1992 1MB games in Pure ECS over the old ECS Agnus though so the A500+ is benificial to me until late 1992-now when the A600 and A1200 took over on Pure ECS and in the A1200s case AGA as well front.

Yeah, I'm a geek in that way. Love running games in the Kickstart config they were made for but with the A500+ having minor glitches at the moment I'm using the old ECS Agnus for now.
Old 15 April 2016, 17:32   #1086
jbl007

Quote:
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.7.9dev:
  • Detect screen refresh rate for correct display with multiple displays.
  • Simplified video_sync option (is a boolean now).
Full sync does not work anymore on my system. Perhaps this is related to those changes. (worked around with assume_refresh_rate=50 for now) Log with minimum config attached.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z fs-uae.log.txt.7z (9.0 KB, 146 views)
Old 15 April 2016, 17:37   #1087
jbl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEOL View Post
sometimes there is still a spooling disk sound
You can disable the sounds with Mod+n if this gets annoying.
Old 15 April 2016, 17:55   #1088
jbl007

Quote:
Another possibility is to query the screens via FS-UAE/SDL2.
Have you made a decision? I'm about to rewrite RefreshRateTool._screens_xrandr() (parse the output of xrandr verbose mode). Almost finished, but currently has a bug with connected but turned off displays. If you want to use another solution, I can give up on this.
Old 15 April 2016, 20:24   #1089
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewren View Post
When starting I get the following error message:
Did not find required kickstart ROM for graphics_card_rom. Wanted one of these files: ['cafafb916f16b9f3ec9b49aa4b40eb4eeceb5b5b'] No changes to ROMs have been made.
I believe this should work fine. Perhaps you just need to run a file database update? (The file database was reset in a recent dev version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomyr View Post
Any success with ARM JIT implementation ?
Latest ARM JIT modification from TomB ensured perfect amiga compatibility (unlike original aranym sources)
I'm not currently looking into FS-UAE/UAE on ARM. The ARM JIT from ARAnyM probably partially works, but there's some JIT code which is unique for FS-UAE/WinUAE (not in ARAnyM), and would need to be adapted for ARM.

Quote:
other than sometimes there is still a spooling disk sound when the game is on which most of the games on the real AMIGA stops the spooling when the actual content has started
As you say, *most* of the games on the real Amiga stops spinning the disk. These games work the same in FS-UAE...

Quote:
I have noticed a few graphics corruptions in this 64-Bit version when it comes to the A500+ like glitched multicoloured lines going down the screen whilst playing some 1991 Pure ECS coverdisks on it but the normal A500 worked just fine during those same games in 1MB
I'm not sure what the bug report here is... anyway, if you think there is a bug, please file a specific and detailed bug report (for a specific game and config). You should wait until the next dev release in any case, as there is a known chipset-related bug in the current dev version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
Full sync does not work anymore on my system. Perhaps this is related to those changes. (worked around with assume_refresh_rate=50 for now) Log with minimum config attached.
Could be related to a change where I try to find the correct refresh rate for the monitor is displayed on. I'll run some additional testing here.

Quote:
Have you made a decision? I'm about to rewrite RefreshRateTool._screens_xrandr() (parse the output of xrandr verbose mode)
I'll keep the xrandr parser for now, as long as it works. I did tweak/fix it so it should work with the xrandr output you posted, but I forgot to push the change to github (done now).
Old 15 April 2016, 22:06   #1090
jbl007

Quote:
I'll keep the xrandr parser for now, as long as it works. I did tweak/fix it so it should work with the xrandr output you posted, but I forgot to push the change to github (done now).
Works now, thanks. But with your solution you don't add all resolutions available, and the width, height, x, y values returned from this function look wrong. (seem to be unused currently anyway...). I really like to see a button in the launcher at some time where I can select a screenmode.
Old 15 April 2016, 23:14   #1091
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.7.12dev:
  • Support additional/custom keybard-emulated joysticks, built-in configs for X-Arcade controllers.
  • Enabled ECS Agnus for *all* A500 models by mistake (2.7.10dev).
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.7.12dev:
  • Added settings for for FS-UAE Arcade.
  • Minor fixes for scan/refresh dialogs.
  • Fix for the xrandr refresh rate detector.
  • Change variant rating buttons into a choice control.
  • Fixed rating variants (broke in 2.7.10dev).
  • More code cleanup.
Old 16 April 2016, 12:22   #1092
TEOL

Do you know the folder or zip file in the 64-Bit Portable version where the scanline graphic is hosted now?

I wanted to see if the scanlines under Nearest RGBA8 8x8 super picture quality settings would be fixed if I pratted about with enlarging the scanlines graphic file to my monitor size ratio of 1440x900p as the scanlines picture being smaller than my ratio could be the issue with the nearest mode as it works fine on the defaults how the scanlines file is already but Nearest mode seems to have them all enlarged and looking pants.

It was easy to get to in my old 32-Bit version which I wiped in the switch to 64-Bit as it was in a simple folder and easy to get to but now it seems to be in an hard to find one possibly even in one of the zips or 3 digit fuzzy wuzzy ones in images but which I don't know which is why I'm asking. lol.
Old 16 April 2016, 12:33   #1093
Nova

Quote:
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.7.10dev:
  • Cached images can be read from pre-generated zip files to reduce the amount of small files.
wow, does it mean you don't need to unpack the fs-uae-images-snapshot.zip anymore, just place it under cache/images and finally get rid of billions of scattered pngs?
Old 16 April 2016, 12:53   #1094
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Do you know the folder or zip file in the 64-Bit Portable version where the scanline graphic is hosted now?
if you mean the shaders, they are now embedded in fs-uae.dat (but should work like before). If you need access to the shader files in order to make copies/modifications, you can download the individual files from https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-u...fs-uae/shaders and store the modifier shader(s) in Documents/FS-UAE/Data/Shaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
wow, does it mean you don't need to unpack the fs-uae-images-snapshot.zip anymore, just place it under cache/images and finally get rid of billions of scattered pngs?
Yes, indeed (almost), there is a new zip file (Images_Amiga.zip) available from https://oagd.net/download, and you do unzip it to Data/Images, but instead of billions of small PNG files you end up with (only) 256 zip files (Data/Images/00.zip, Data/Images/01.zip, etc...). You can delete the old Cache/Images folder with billions of files!
Old 16 April 2016, 14:08   #1095
Nova

Quote:
Yes, indeed (almost), there is a new zip file (Images_Amiga.zip) available from https://oagd.net/download, and you do unzip it to Data/Images, but instead of billions of small PNG files you end up with (only) 256 zip files (Data/Images/00.zip, Data/Images/01.zip, etc...). You can delete the old Cache/Images folder with billions of files!
fantastic news!

i am tempted to set up all from scratch now but wonder, if i should wait for the new stable release. do you already have an aimed fixed date for it?
Old 16 April 2016, 15:13   #1096
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
I am tempted to set up all from scratch now but wonder, if i should wait for the new stable release. do you already have an aimed fixed date for it?
It's probably a good idea to (at one point) create a new/clean directory for FS-UAE data, and copy over the stuff you want to keep from the old one, because I haven't made FS-UAE Launcher do this automatically (there will be unused files from earlier versions lying around, doing ho harm, but...)

A new stable version... as soon as possible, but I have a little list of fixes and improvements I want to do first.
Old 16 April 2016, 15:26   #1097
Nova

Quote:
A new stable version... as soon as possible, but I have a little list of fixes and improvements I want to do first.
ok, i think i can wait a bit longer then. thank you.
Old 18 April 2016, 13:47   #1098
Nova

Quote:
hi again,

there is 2 suggestions for fs-uae which i have on my mind for quite some time:

+ autofocus on last played game when running/restarting fs-uae launcher

+ mark games as favourites and filter them via dropdown menu

maybe you consider these a useful addition?

Last edited by Nova; 18 April 2016 at 14:02.
Old 18 April 2016, 20:25   #1099
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
[/LIST]Full sync does not work anymore on my system. Perhaps this is related to those changes. (worked around with assume_refresh_rate=50 for now) Log with minimum config attached.
Hmm, according to your log file, the host refresh rate is:
Code:
[DISPLAY] Host refresh rate: 60 Hz
The code that checks this is:
Code:
        SDL_DisplayMode mode;
        if (SDL_GetWindowDisplayMode(g_fs_ml_window, &mode) == 0) {
            g_fs_emu_video_frame_rate_host = mode.refresh_rate;
        } else {
            g_fs_emu_video_frame_rate_host = 0;
        }
        fs_log("[DISPLAY] Host refresh rate: %d Hz\n",
               g_fs_emu_video_frame_rate_host);
Quote:
But with your solution you don't add all resolutions available, and the width, height, x, y values returned from this function look wrong. (seem to be unused currently anyway...). I really like to see a button in the launcher at some time where I can select a screenmode.
Correct, the RefreshRateTool class is mostly not in use (most is old unused code), so right now I only care about returning the correct width/height/refresh-rate for all monitors, and not the other modes. If the width/height of the current mode looks wrong, please report the bug!

(Yes, mode switching is something I want to include, it's just very "boring" to implement since this stuff tends to only work for some combinations of OS/drivers/monitors...)

Quote:
hi again,

there is 2 suggestions for fs-uae which i have on my mind for quite some time:

+ autofocus on last played game when running/restarting fs-uae launcher

+ mark games as favourites and filter them via dropdown menu

maybe you consider these a useful addition?
Favorite game list is on the short-term to-do list. The last game should already be auto-loaded when you restart the Launcher, but it should also ideally mark it / scroll to it in the game list. That's what you meant?
Old 18 April 2016, 22:15   #1100
jbl007

Quote:
Hmm, according to your log file, the host refresh rate is:
Code:
[DISPLAY] Host refresh rate: 60 Hz
Hm, perhaps that's the value from the 2nd monitor.
I see the line
[DISPLAY] 0: 1920x1080+0+0 @50
in the log. But I'll double-/re-check and report back.

Your xrandr-parser works correctly now.

Screenmode changing under Linux -at least- should be easy:
xrandr --output <monitorname> --mode <screenmodename>
Works on every system.

Edit: Problem is still there and remains with both monitors turned on (50Hz). "sys" and "emu" values are at 50FPS, but slightly different. new logs attached
Attached Files
File Type: 7z logs.7z (9.9 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by jbl007; 18 April 2016 at 22:33.