English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 04 March 2015, 13:25   #61
Higgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga1200gamer View Post
Updated original post with the following

Update: March 2015

Chips has made a release of uae4all2 with PI specific code for scaling and vsync. Its currently the best way to enjoy uae4all2 on the Raspberry PI
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/vi...?f=78&t=102328
Chips binary includes the DispmanX work, but is it based on new release from lubomyr and tomB with improved AGA performance. ?

If not can you upload the binary you created, or write down the commands to integrate them both together please.

What with this emu progression, the Bedroom doc & books coming out, 2015/2016 is going to be the (new) Year of the AMIGA

Thanks.
Old 04 March 2015, 14:34   #62
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Small update...

First of all, thank you all for help.

#1 - Colonization AGA actually has the same choppy music even in WinUAE, and I think its just something to do with WHDLoad rather then emulator
#2 - I figured out gamepad issue - it was my new gamepad that had this issue, and it was not only uar4all2 - when you configure gamepad, you have to kind of push all buttons and move all axle, but for some reason my gamepad was sending 'up' signal, so switching a game pad was fix for all other emulators, but ADF game I tried earlier (Turrican) did not work at all.

UAE4ALL2 creates configuration file for each game you run (or I might press to save configuration) and only after I deleted this file, game was running fine with my controller.

#3 - Seems that most of non AGA games works fine, so for this weekend I plan to setup 68K ClassicWB and use that one rather then Full/Advanced AGA option. Also I will try this time only ESC/OCS games.

My HD configuration was similar to Amiga1200gamer's, except my HD image was smaller.

I tried some other emulators, including ZX Spectrum and those work fine and after resetting my controller I think I should write down little instruction on how to setup controller for some other emulators that allows you to save state, change state, take screenshot, exit emulation - all directly from controller.

I will check new version of emulator. Hope to get that 640 x 256 with double pixel height correct this time.
Old 04 March 2015, 19:29   #63
amiga1200gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
Chips binary includes the DispmanX work, but is it based on new release from lubomyr and tomB with improved AGA performance. ?

If not can you upload the binary you created, or write down the commands to integrate them both together please.

What with this emu progression, the Bedroom doc & books coming out, 2015/2016 is going to be the (new) Year of the AMIGA

Thanks.
Higgy.

Chips appears to be based on 2.3.5.2 before the aga changes. Its still by far the fastest/smoothest on the PI right now. The binary is already built and included in his download on the raspberry pi forum thread
Old 04 March 2015, 20:24   #64
Anubis
Retro Gamer

What is the easiest way to update UAE4ALL2 in RetroPie distro?
Old 04 March 2015, 20:45   #65
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
copy the binary over (to /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all/), but the best way of getting it in, is for someone to send me a patch file or pull request against the repository - https://github.com/joolswills/uae4all2 (or to the upstream repo at https://github.com/lubomyr/uae4all2)
Old 05 March 2015, 00:22   #66
Higgy

@amiga1200gamer - ok. Hopefully Chips might create another version including the AGA improvements. Is Chips on here or just RPi forums?

@BuZz - sorry this is over my head, maybe lubomyr might be able to help.
Old 05 March 2015, 02:51   #67
ransom1122

More Amiga emulation with raspberry pi 2 (alien breed 2 AGA)

[ Show youtube player ]

doesn't look like the frames skip when you die, check out 31Mins into the vid
Old 05 March 2015, 04:10   #68
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZz View Post
copy the binary over (to /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all/), but the best way of getting it in, is for someone to send me a patch file or pull request against the repository - https://github.com/joolswills/uae4all2 (or to the upstream repo at https://github.com/lubomyr/uae4all2)
Copying over did not work, neither did creating separate folder with this version. I believe I am missing some libgui SDK file. (or something like that)
Old 05 March 2015, 08:32   #69
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
yeh could be. I statically link the gui with the retropie build (as it requires a slightly patched gui library) but this one may be built differently. When I get some free time ill diff the source and check out the dispmanx changes / and look at applying them to the retropie uae4all2 repository.
Old 05 March 2015, 13:37   #70
Anubis
Retro Gamer

While trying to get UAE4ALL2 to work, I re-tested some games from my previous ClassicWB setup (did not set different setup yet) and here is some findings:

All games were OCS/ESC and all work without any visual/sound problems and at full speed:

* Alien Breed
* Rick Dangerous 2
* Soccer Kid
* SuperFrog
* Turrican
* Turrican 2

Other then that, tested bit C64 and PC Engine emulation.

Would probably be able to test more if I did not try to run more then 1 level of each game.

NOTE - Switching from analog to D-Pad controll made huge difference.
NOTE 2 - it would be nice to have some easy custom key selection. ATM fire button is right button on my controller.
Old 05 March 2015, 20:40   #71
ransom1122

Thanks for the info anubis gives me an idea of how it should all run.
Old 05 March 2015, 20:48   #72
amiga1200gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
NOTE 2 - it would be nice to have some easy custom key selection. ATM fire button is right button on my controller.
Agree, custom keys would be nice.

Setting custom keys through the guichan menu seems to correctly save the sdl-keys to the config file eg custom_A= custom_B=

However if customControls=1 ,buttons on the joypad don't appear to be mapped to anything.

Im struggling to see why. Its probably something really simple skipping or conflicting with the settings, most of the defines look like they are pandora OR android so we should be ok there (since we build with pandora).

Id appreciate any help/insights people have on this.
Old 05 March 2015, 21:01   #73
ransom1122

Is there an official forum for any of the mame emulators?
Old 05 March 2015, 21:04   #74
ransom1122

I heard about this.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/3/814...tv-set-top-box

Will the android version amiga emulator be superior on this compared to anything else? Your thoughts?
Old 05 March 2015, 21:45   #75
Mark36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post

All games were OCS/ESC and all work without any visual/sound problems and at full speed:
Does the OCS option really work with uaeall2 ?
I tried some older stuff mainly demos and they crash as they would with ECS.

Save states do work four per game....very handy
Old 06 March 2015, 08:44   #76
Higgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Is there an official forum for any of the mame emulators?
On Pi? I only used the Official Pi forums.
I don't think MAME has been updated for quite a while (emulation improvements). There is MAME4ALLPi and AdvanceMAME.
I just used MAME4ALL on my RPi v1, as it ran slightly quicker. With extra grunt of RPi v2 then AdvanceMAME might be better.
I also like the menu of MAME4ALLPi. Info here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mame4allpi/

They say Outrun (arcade) runs perfect on v2 . The sound stuttered on v1.
Old 06 March 2015, 13:39   #77
Anubis
Retro Gamer

MAME on PI is using the same DAT as MAME for xbox or cellphones. (older DAT, not compatible with new MAME release)

You have to find given batch, and run some DAT manager software to create good working set. (can be bit too much if you never dealt with dat oragnizers or have slow computer or incomplete set.)

@Mark36 - only reason I wrote OCS/ECS is because they are not AGA releases, however, emulation was running in AGA setup. (WHDLoad)

Hope this makes any sense to you...
Old 06 March 2015, 14:33   #78
Higgy

I really got my brain in a twizz trying to sort out DATS. One of the reasons I gave up on a Win PC powered Arcade.

I ended up downloading complete ROM sets. Got a bit annoying especially when 0.149 is about 40GB or so. And even then you get some that don't work.
Old 07 March 2015, 00:01   #79
Higgy

New version up (0.2) from @Chips featuring DispmanX & AGA improvements:

http://fdarcel.free.fr/uae4all2-rpi-chips-0_2.bz2
Old 07 March 2015, 00:21   #80
ransom1122

[QUOTE=Higgy;1008340

They say Outrun (arcade) runs perfect on v2 . The sound stuttered on v1.[/QUOTE]

I test Outrun on my pi2 last night and it plays very smooth. Though I'm having issues getting my audio to work from 3.5m jack to rca. I think its just a setting in the config to force audio to 3.5m and not hdmi. When I work it out I'll let you know if sound is emulated perfectly.