English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 14 January 2004, 00:18   #101
Jan

I could be mistaken, but somehow I have doubts that this email is really from TG... does not really sound like him.
Old 14 January 2004, 00:26   #102
fisken uno
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan
does not really sound like him.
That was actually the first thing I thought when I read it, too.

However, it seems there is indeed some sort of connection between Twist and Froggy, because in his reply to my PM last night Twist explained that the only reason he was here was because "teh" had e-mailed him and asked him to check "the banning thread". Well well.

Perhaps I should add, though, that if Twist really is Froggy's "best friend" - then I respect it because I respect Twist. It's just that I have a hard time believing it, from what I've seen of him.

Last edited by fisken uno; 14 January 2004 at 00:37.
Old 14 January 2004, 00:43   #103
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan
I could be mistaken, but somehow I have doubts that this email is really from TG... does not really sound like him.
And that would be just another brownie point for Mr. Superfag, innit?
Old 14 January 2004, 00:43   #104
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by teh
I said a bout that email
What part of "Private Message" don't you understand?
Old 14 January 2004, 05:07   #105
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I agree with everyone that posting *private* emails to a public forum is way uncool. I don't send anything in emails that would make me feel embarrassed or crawl under a rock over, but posting it is still an invasion of privacy.

That said, now I feel the need to explain myself, as that remark was not directed at EAB users, nor the site itself. It was a reactionary statement referring to a single episode. If I'd expected the comment to go public, I'd have been more explicit in my wording.

Apologies to any and all who might have taken my comments the wrong way. I'll give Teh credit for one thing, though: he managed to get a post out of me.

Thanks to my unnamed source tipster.
Old 14 January 2004, 05:39   #106
Amiga1992

Hope you answer my message. Ta for appearing!

pff... like if I was an abusive mod. Superfag deserves the shit he's gonna get.
Old 14 January 2004, 06:38   #107
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Arrgghhh....yet another post from TG!

After reading a couple of the other messages above, I'd like to add that I tend to be friendly with most everyone in email. I'm nice to most kids in the hopes that they will return the favor and grow up with some level of confidence and shed certain anti-social behavior, despite how they may act (I ended up breaking that rule for Marz, but eventually even went back to being nice to him, too). I am, however, nobody's best friend.

As for any differences between myself and any other member(s) of EAB, that is between me and whomever. That is why I never vented this publicly. It is not a subject for public dissection. I certainly hope this thread has not resurfaced any of that baggage. That's all I have to say. Akira, email has been replied to. Everyone else should go back to discussing whatever before my name got brought up.

Peace.
Old 14 January 2004, 07:48   #108
Jan

Nice to see a sign of life from you.
Old 14 January 2004, 09:39   #109
fisken uno
Zone Friend

Thanks to Twist for clearing this up.

Actually, I've not been interested in pondering WHY Twist left in the first place. Bear in mind that Froggy brought it up, and when doing it by saying Twist hates everyone here I just couldn't let it pass without objecting. Initially, what we said about Twist was ONLY that we miss him...

However I got further annoyed when I heard that Froggy had emailed Twist and asked him to check "the banning thread", because to understand Akira's intention with the thread one has to know that Froggy actually DID "threaten" to leave. The thread was in other words never about banning him, but I feel Froggy tried to take advantage of this by making it look like Akira was picking on him for no reason at all. Yes, he's a kid - but I'm starting to feel that he smells like trouble.
Old 14 January 2004, 13:26   #110
Marcuz

i have the flu and i think i'm gonna die
please tell your grandsons that you have meet me and that i was a nice fella...
Old 14 January 2004, 14:08   #111
fisken uno
Zone Friend

And I've got a nice cold. But I think I'll survive...
Old 14 January 2004, 16:55   #112
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by fisken uno
I feel Froggy tried to take advantage of this by making it look like Akira was picking on him for no reason at all. Yes, he's a kid - but I'm starting to feel that he smells like trouble.
You feel correctly, and this is not the first time as I said, hence my reasoning. You know I don't use to pull that shit. I could have zapped him right away, but I thought I'd ask.

Nevertheless, the guy gets zapped as soon as he makes half a move more.
Old 14 January 2004, 17:32   #113
Amiga1992

OK, seems like this kid went back and EDITED his message so he doesn't look bad and the subsequent messages lack complete sense. Yet another smart move from the kid.
Old 14 January 2004, 21:49   #114
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
OK, seems like this kid went back and EDITED his message so he doesn't look bad and the subsequent messages lack complete sense. Yet another smart move from the kid.
I don't know nothing of this since I simply moved him to my ignore list.
Old 15 January 2004, 03:15   #115
DPainter

Floppy disk

Real Life (tm) swallowed me up and then spit me back out as a lurker.

Despite that I still stay up late a few hours a week renaming Amiga disks for TOSEC. EAB topics have gotten too big and busy for my old timer eyes to keep up with.

Maybe RCK could create a new forum for the old timers, a sort of rest home. Call it Old Timers' Pasture. There one of you youngsters can summarize weekly EAB happenings in simple headline format (minus off-topic threads, of course). That way we can stay current.

And of course we get to moderate it and censor any offending posts, like single smiley replies, anything by Fred, post-1993 Amiga topics, etc. In other words we can practice being the cranky old pricks that we are soon to become in real life.

We will of course host regular puppet shows from Paul the Green Amiga Alien. And I get to use an animated GIF for my avatar. And Twist' will get to read off his MIA list every Sunday followed by a moment of silence during which only Andreas can post, and his posts during that time must include no less than three exclamation points. And we each get our own HOL entry, mine featuring screenshots of my Deluxe Paint I & II drawings. And I will get to tell everyone over and over without anyone complaining that my Amiga 1000 cost more than $1,500 in 1986.

This could be be big! How about it, RCK?
Old 15 January 2004, 06:55   #116
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Stick out tongue

@Dpainter-who'll moderate it then, Fred king of the old EAB geezers society, then?
Old 15 January 2004, 16:17   #117
RCK
Administrator

Old 15 January 2004, 16:27   #118
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Quote:
Originally posted by DPainter
Real Life (tm) swallowed me up and then spit me back out as a lurker.

Despite that I still stay up late a few hours a week renaming Amiga disks for TOSEC. EAB topics have gotten too big and busy for my old timer eyes to keep up with.

Maybe RCK could create a new forum for the old timers, a sort of rest home. Call it Old Timers' Pasture. There one of you youngsters can summarize weekly EAB happenings in simple headline format (minus off-topic threads, of course). That way we can stay current.

And of course we get to moderate it and censor any offending posts, like single smiley replies, anything by Fred, post-1993 Amiga topics, etc. In other words we can practice being the cranky old pricks that we are soon to become in real life.

We will of course host regular puppet shows from Paul the Green Amiga Alien. And I get to use an animated GIF for my avatar. And Twist' will get to read off his MIA list every Sunday followed by a moment of silence during which only Andreas can post, and his posts during that time must include no less than three exclamation points. And we each get our own HOL entry, mine featuring screenshots of my Deluxe Paint I & II drawings. And I will get to tell everyone over and over without anyone complaining that my Amiga 1000 cost more than $1,500 in 1986.

This could be be big! How about it, RCK?
Buy yourself 3 amiga magazines from the late 1980's and read a different one each week you will be set.

Old 30 January 2004, 05:37   #119
APFelon
Cable Buyer

Dying off?

I just got sick of the fighting on this forum. Burseg, Birdie, Ian, Fred, Jambo... I am sick of fighting with every one of you. I never came here to fight. Every one of you wanted to challenge me because of where I live. I shouldn't be called to defend it on a forum dedicated to computer nostalgia.

I am not fighting anymore. I have gone to forums where we actually talk about our passions instead of picking fights. I like being treated with respect. I like being judged by my ideas. I never liked playing rope-a-dope with some goon who wants to take his hatred of America out on me.

Sorry for taking a year to say goodbye Freddie, but farewell. Goodbye. I am not coming back. Ever.

Don't follow me, either "IRREGARDLESS" of your misgivings. You are much too smart for the Internet crowd I run with, and I don't want you to make me look bad. After all, you are the most enlightened American in America.

To the person who e-mailed me about this thread: Don't bother anymore. Not worth my time.

APf
Old 30 January 2004, 05:43   #120
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
No Idea what happened to APFelon, must be before my time?