English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 31 October 2003, 15:52   #1
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Cool RetroGaming Radio - November

Just read this at the Vintage Gaming Network:

Our biggest RetroGaming Radio ever! This month we interview the creator of Q-Bert, Joust 2, Us vs. Them and many other great titles and technology; We review the PC version of Halo (just to set the record straight). We start our multisegment in depth look at the Amiga computer (this month, the history of Amiga). Shane rants about people selling out their products; selling out the consumer at the same time. A HUGE Bits & Bytes segment, and of course tons more. Today its available for Studio Pass holders only ... Tomorrow the show will be online for the general public.

http://www.retrogamingradio.com

Should be interesting to see what they come up with.
Hopefully their multisegment series on the Amiga will be quite good.
Old 02 November 2003, 01:29   #2
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Exclamation

The radio show is now available for download if anyone is interested in hearing some yanks talk about the Amiga.

Notice for their radio show's intro tune they have sampled the music from the excellent A1200 game Roadkill.

Here is the direct link to the mp3 which is a quite massive 40MB:

http://www.retrogamingradio.com/mp3/rgr1103.mp3
Old 04 November 2003, 17:12   #3
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Thumbs up 10 out of 10

I'm not sure if anyone has had a listen to this yet but I would definitely recommend it. I've just listened to the first segment on the Amiga and it was superb. Very well researched!

If you are an Amiga fan then I'd strongly suggest that you have a listen to this. It's very interesting and pretty funny as well. The guy is clearly an Amiga fan and knows what he's talking about.

The subject is the Amiga's history and is extremely detailed. There's loads of info that I'd never heard of and I thought I knew pretty much everything about the Amiga's history. For example the original Amiga developers (Hi-Torro) were forced to change their name to Amiga because of possible confusion with a Japanese company with a similar name who manufactured lawn mowers. lol.

I'm really looking forward to next months show which will be covering the Amiga's custom hardware. I really recommend you guys listen to this. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. You can skip the other stuff and go straight to the Amiga segment which starts at around the 127 minute mark. It lasts for 40 minutes and is highly entertaining.

Last edited by Steve; 04 November 2003 at 17:19.
Old 05 November 2003, 06:41   #4
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Only wish I could Steve,your overview makes for interesting reading but a 40Mb d/l on dial up will give me a 5 o'clock shadow stubble waiting fot it!

Who knows, maybe Twistin Ghost is holding the show/studio hostage to sing the Amiga praises,hence the detailed info!

Now we know what he's been up to!
Old 05 November 2003, 07:05   #5
fiath

Shane is a long time follower of the Amiga way, so it does not surprise me much.