English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 16 June 2002, 06:19   #1
Exodus

Slam Tilt

Hello.

I've downloaded Slam Tilt from Backto the Roots and I am having problems with it. Whenever I select a table or exit from the options screen, the screen fades to white and nothing happens. I used BTTR's config files, so there is no reason why it shouldn't work.

The only thing I changed in these config files is the CPU type (from 68EC020 to 68020), as I get a blank screen when you load a AGA-only game. However, once I get the game up and running with the 68020 CPU setting, I can manage to change it to 68EC020 and reset the emulation without any problems.
Old 16 June 2002, 13:57   #2
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
The only thing I changed in these config files is the CPU type (from 68EC020 to 68020), as I get a blank screen when you load a AGA-only game.
Are you saying that the game works now for you if you set 68020 instead of 68EC020?

BTW, the BTTR guys *do not* have the time to test every game thoroughly. As this is a truckload of stuff, some games were only tested until the intro screen and not until the actual game play (e. g. Clystron).
I can't think of any "accusation" because of that, because I think if they had tested every game thoroughly, we'd be at about 1000 games now (if at all) and not over 4 times as much as that.
Old 17 June 2002, 02:22   #3
Nian

Slamtilt and PC.

You are right there is a PC version of Slamtilt but its seldom
worth getting any game that uses 2d scrolling on a pc.
Perhaps people think it was a fable about the PC having bad
scrolling but truely it did and in some cases still does,
But of course the other problem you would have for Slamtilt PC
is that it would have compatability problems with current pc's
Thats only a guess ofcourse because I don't have it but what I do have is Slamtilt Resurection for the PC and can honestly say its a pile of shit. It takes up 2 cd's filles 600mb on the HD and gives you 2 tables.
It doesn't play as well and doesnt look much better. Infact they tried to be fancy and made it harder to play in the process.
Old 17 June 2002, 08:24   #4
Exodus

I didn't know that 21st Century produced a PC version of Slam Tilt.

andreas, explain this. You said that BTTR tests their games, wait till they have loaded, and take screen captures of only the title screen. How come they managed to take a screen capture of the actual game itself when their configuration doesn't work. Surely they could have taken a screen capture from the PC version instead.
Old 17 June 2002, 08:53   #5
Drake1009

What I thought was fun about the Slam tilt PC version (The old one, not ressurection) was that while the games were apparently the same the PC version required a 75mhz computer and 8 MB ram. Something to compare to a 14mhz with 2 MB ram.
Old 17 June 2002, 14:08   #6
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
How come they managed to take a screen capture of the actual game itself when their configuration doesn't work.
(1) They could have taken it from a REAL Amiga.
(2) They could have taken the screenshot from elsewhere.
(3) They could have used another emulator release.
(4) Game works like a charm with the WinUAE version mentioned, 0.8.17 R2. Even with 68EC020.
No need to change anything here except the location for the Kickstart image.
Old 01 October 2002, 00:47   #7
brianhearn

So did anyone solve the white screen problem? I have the same problem.

Old 29 November 2002, 02:11   #8
benjamin79

Same white screen problem here too, although I grabbed it from a tosec site and whd patched it myself. I get a white screen when trying to select a table, or save options. I've tried numerous config changes to no avail. Same result when running it from floppy.

The BTTR HD version was even worse, it froze in most cases before even reaching the first loading screen.

I'd really love to see this game, as I was a big fan of the others but was unable to to get this particular one on my A1200(when I owned it).

Thanks.