English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 05 May 2016, 14:14   #21
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
so quick your reply

do you tested the game I posted above?

I don't care about it. This is OT in a BTTF 2 thread. So, please stop it or use the thread Nibbler started yesterday.
Old 05 May 2016, 14:28   #22
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I don't care about it. This is OT in a BTTF 2 thread. So, please stop it or use the thread Nibbler started yesterday.
stop you because besides me there are 2 members who reported the game is working ok and you continue saying the game freezes and posting useless links

check the game I posted to test if you have timing issues

I have 2 different A1200 here and I know what I'm talking about
Old 05 May 2016, 14:36   #23
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

You obviously not. It's a patch problem only. A software problem. I don't care if you have hardware timing issues with other games. OT here.

edit: And for Arnie: I assume you don't use a proper cycle exact CPU/Chipset setting in WinUAE. Which is mandatory are a real test.

Quote:
(0003538)
who (Reporter)
2013-11-22 08:18
This also happens with winuae using SPS installed version. It's as if there is a countdown from the second the game loads until it stops responding (you don't need to start a game.)

Also FYI, with cycle-exact enabled the game freezes as above. With it disabled the game does not freeze but slows down to a crawl..
Old 05 May 2016, 14:44   #24
spannernick
Retro Nuts

OK calm down you lot,its only a game.. (I do love Back To The Future The Game by Telltale,thats brilliant)

I will test the game you posted later and let you know.

(Sorry to ask but what does OT mean..does it mean Alright..??

Ot
Short for "alright". Used in place of "alright" or to quickly end a conversation. Invented by the Derkas of the 918 (Tulsa, OK area).

When used in place for "alright" after a command, it is the speaker's choice to fullfill the command.
Ammar: Hey, look what i got for y--
Sadiq: Ot
Ammar: --ou...

Kaamil: Hey Khaled, hand me it.
Khaled: Ot *hands over the dildo from Adildo*)

Last edited by spannernick; 05 May 2016 at 15:08.
Old 05 May 2016, 14:46   #25
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

There is no need to calm down. Sandro doesn't get the point here which is a bit annoying but this is no problem at all. As i said, the bug is already fixed but i don't post the beta slave since Stingray doesn't want it.
Old 05 May 2016, 15:17   #26
spannernick
Retro Nuts

OK cool,I get it..

So as I understand it,you have to use WHDLoad 12 or 13 and the game works fine,to use it on newer versions it needs a update slave,that Stingray is doing and will be ready sometime in the future,just need the delorean to go to the future to play it on a newer version.. OT

Last edited by spannernick; 05 May 2016 at 15:45.
Old 05 May 2016, 15:52   #27
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post
OK cool,I get it..
@Sandro
Your game is not BTTF2,its Mad Professor..?? What has this got to do with it..?
the game mad professor I posted is a game sensible to timing problems,

if you hear the in game-music: you don't have timing problems, if you can't hear music your A1200 have timing issues

don't worry about my discussions with retronerd, is a classic here, he is bit fool and he always want to discuss useless things

but he have lot of knowledge about games and emulators, I will not forget 2 or 3 years ago he helped me to solve a music problem which I had with the game "Gods" dos version, yet in such thread he initiated a discussion
Old 05 May 2016, 16:08   #28
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Actually your in the wrong thread at all. Anyway. Last try: Bored Seal, the author of BTTF2 slave 1.0-1.2 wrote this on mantis, the official WHDLoad bug tracker. At least i'm on-topic in this very thread.

Quote:
Install: Back To The Future 2 (Imageworks/Images) http://whdload.de/games/BackToTheFuture2.html [^]
GameVersion: english,pal,2 disks
SlaveVersion: V1.2 from 07.10.99

Back To The Future 2 V1.2 07/10/99 (1 Disk version)
Problem:
The game installs fine but as you play the game and get towards the end of the first street, the game freezes/locks up every time and no controls work. I have tried re-installing and nocache, noautovec, nommu, and novbrmove, but these have no effect.I have also tried installing on a standard A1200 andA600, but I have the same problem.Please could you help.
Regards Tony.
Quote:
(0000188)
Bored Seal
2009-04-19 18:44

This bug appears with cracked version too. I haven´t found the cause of bug. Galahad also tried, without result.

Quote:
the game mad professor I posted is a game sensible to timing problems,
And that's where you confuses people here because these are 2 unrelated and completely different problems.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 05 May 2016 at 16:39.
Old 05 May 2016, 19:00   #29
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Yep it works fine with WHDLoad 12.0 thanks Retro Nerd,I would trust you over anyone on what you have to say.

Thanks again for the help and have a nice day.
Old 05 May 2016, 19:56   #30
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

There could be other bugs left in Bored's old slave, who knows. In the meantime, have fun with this crappy game (well level 1 is ok-ish).