Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 January 2017, 02:04   #21
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
iGame
- It is a pain to install. It requires a huge bloated full WB Installation with MUI and then some other extra libraries on top, some of which come in multiple, mutually incompatible/crashing versions
- It takes forever to boot up when the game list is large
I've been using iGame for more than six years, both on WinUAE with game screenshots and on a real Amiga without, and I disagree with both claims.

I found it quite easy to install (why would you call a regular WB installation with MUI 'bloated'?) and it only takes a few seconds to load, even though I have no accelerator. Just an A1200 with 10MB RAM.

Granted, it took me months to set up that first database, correcting every single name and dividing everything neatly into categories, but I considered that time to be part of the fun. Whenever I've added new games since then, I've simply edited the gameslist file in a text editor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iGame.png
Views:	1298
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	51574  
Old 26 April 2017, 20:48   #22
nobody

Tried x-bench and tiny launcher. X-bench looks nice, tiny launcher crashes after search for games I don't know why. I use 68000 ACA 500+
Old 26 April 2017, 21:16   #23
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Tried x-bench and tiny launcher... I use 68000 ACA 500+
Maybe you also would like to try an installer I've made to have music with iGame on Classic Workbench.

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=771
Old 26 April 2017, 22:34   #24
rsn8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I told this Gibs a few days. He seems motivated to work on TinyLauncher again. We'll see what happens the next few month.
Tinylauncher has been updated recently to version 3.3 (on Aminet) and everything negative about it has been fixed!

I updated OP to reflect this.
Old 26 April 2017, 22:50   #25
nobody

I use tiny launcher 3.3 and when I choose directory to scan games it crashes (file not found or something).
Old 26 April 2017, 22:54   #26
rsn8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
I use tiny launcher 3.3 and when I choose directory to scan games it crashes (file not found or something).
I chose three directories:
WHDGamesA:
WHDGamesB:
WHDGamesC:

with a total of ~3180 and it scanned all of them fine.

There must be some bug left, maybe it has to do with directory/filenames.

BTW: Is it possible to use tiny launcher to launch non-WHDLoad content? Or does it only work with WHDLoad?

There is almost no documentation and it is closed source. So it is hard to figure some things out.
Old 27 April 2017, 02:54   #27
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Maybe some people just don't remember that Gibs was banned from EAB time ago.

So, why do you complain here? Do you believe he will read this? Has he posted anything here?

Just post anything you want in his TL thread, I'm sure he will read that sooner than later. You also can email him, just like I do.

BTW I've posted an installer for iGame with music. Maybe you -people- won't be so angry to try it and post -give your opinion- about it, here or wherever. I have the idea that I won't get paid for it, just like Gibs' programs.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 April 2017 at 03:12.
Old 27 April 2017, 05:07   #28
ptyerman

@Retrofan
With that attitude, why should anyone try anything of yours? Haven't you thought that most folk don't know he isn't on EAB any more? If you can't answer questions decently just don't answer, it does no good to be nasty at people for nothing! Or are we back to your Facebook quote where you called everyone on EAB "scum"?
Old 27 April 2017, 08:28   #29
nobody

I don't use classicwb because I think it will be too slow on my system. I use a basic WB setup I did for me and I am looking for some small footprint whdload launcher. X-bench does the job but I am just asking for a tiny launcher problem to test, maybe it's better. I don't know if Gibs is banned or why and I am not responsible for that in any way.
Old 28 April 2017, 00:21   #30
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ptyerman it's ok if you don't like my arguments, but please don't lie telling I called all the EAB people being scum, if not I weren't here. So move on to something related to the thread please. This isn't the Phase5 products thread.

We are talking about WHDLoad Launchers, Gibs isn't here so I tell about that and I also offer an add-on for iGame, so keep on the subject.
Old 28 April 2017, 02:00   #31
ptyerman

That's it, call someone a liar then try changing the subject, usual behaviour from you. Funny that you know exactly which facebook post was referred to though isn't it? That doesn't matter, I was pointing out the contempt you show the forum members and then ask to try your software and give feedback, even then in a nasty tone.
It's completely on topic as you asked three questions, and I quote,
Quote:
So, why do you complain here? Do you believe he will read this? Has he posted anything here?
It was the tone you did it in while belittling the members concerned.
Nothing to do with your arguments whatever they are, just saying lose the attitude and you might get more response!
Enough said!
Old 28 April 2017, 03:33   #32
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

[ Show youtube player ]

Just try to offer something, not to destroy something. Simple as that: positive, not negative

God bless you.

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 April 2017 at 03:51.
Old 28 April 2017, 07:29   #33
nobody

Ok I got tiny launcher working. After I chose a root directory example dh2: then everything is fine
Old 29 April 2017, 04:37   #34
rsn8887

Glad to hear it worked for you, too. As I tried to say earlier, but maybe was misunderstood: Tinylauncher works very fine for me and I love it, especially the newest version

EDIT: I was very frustrated at first with the various launchers, but after Gibs fixed Tinylauncher two times it is now very nice!

Last edited by rsn8887; 29 April 2017 at 04:54.
Old 29 April 2017, 07:44   #35
alpine9000

I am a 100% WHDLoad noob (only ever used the FS-UAE integrated version).

I tried TL today and got it working. The only issues I had were:

I didn't know about needing kickstarts in devs:Kickstarts and TL would just fail silently. I couldn't work it out until I launched whdload and it told me what was wrong.

With big # of games it would crash the first time I did a scan after adding a new location. Second time worked.

Seems like it would get the job done. Love the lack of dependencies,