English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 20 September 2019, 18:47   #121
Mick

I need to get a real board and check the dimensions for holes first but if you could build one and test one out once it's finished that would make things a lot easier for me.

I was hoping to offload the rest of the work to someone else but I'm fairly bored to be honest and I'm not 100% sure if he'll have the time or inclination to do it, he could have just been humouring me and didn't want to say no so if I work on the assumption that he won't there's a bigger chance of it being finished by at least one of us.

Last edited by Mick; 20 September 2019 at 18:54.
Old 20 September 2019, 21:12   #122
hese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I was hoping to offload the rest of the work to someone else but I'm fairly bored to be honest and I'm not 100% sure if he'll have the time or inclination to do it, he could have just been humouring me and didn't want to say no so if I work on the assumption that he won't there's a bigger chance of it being finished by at least one of us.
As I said to you, I'll start working on the board designs (A600 and A1200) when I can. I wasn't humoring you. I did mention that I'm currently very busy with other things and can't start working on them just yet. All the spare time since the spring has gone to the service backlog cleared and there's still plenty of work to be done. Sorry that I haven't been able to work on the designs as fast as you liked but I simply don't have the time to do that just yet.

Are you bored because the dimensions and drill holes of the A600 board haven't been verified yet? Or because the A1200 board hasn't been routed? If it's the A600, I can verify these this weekend unless someone else wants to chime in before that. But if it's the A1200, that will have to wait a bit longer.

If you want to assign these to someone else, that's also alright with me.
Old 20 September 2019, 22:46   #123
Mick

Hi hese, I just meant I'm bored generally (hence my doing this whole thing in the first place) and so I was going to have a go finishing it myself since I have nothing better to do and wasn't 100% sure if you would, it's nothing personal just that people don't always do what they say they are going to do.

I hadn't even mentioned you by name because I didn't want to put any expectancy on you but as you've reassured us I'll send you some newer files since I've spent the last few days re-arranging the A600 components as I found a way to measure their location more accurately (using GIMP), plus I've polished a few things up (fixed silkscreen on modulator going over holes etc) and I hadn't finished arranging reference labels on A1200.

Like I said before I think you can do a much better job so I'm happy to leave it to you and actually feel a lot more comfortable in doing so.

Last edited by Mick; 20 September 2019 at 22:53.
Old Yesterday, 10:58   #124
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

Its always nice to see new boards which will be also open and not closed but I always prefer 100% original designs to restore broken boards. Everyone tries to change something (that doesn't mean it would make no sense) but for me I would like to see more 1:1 original board designs as replacement which are open for everyone.

So great work Mick! Go ahead!

Last edited by DJBase; Yesterday at 12:37.
Old Yesterday, 13:51   #125
Acill
Tech Guru

Mick,
I would be happy to build one up at my expense for you. I am currently out in Japan doing a job for the Japanese but get home on the 28th. If Hese or some of the other guys are easier for you to have do it I understand that too. Just let me know. You can find me at my site acill.com
Old Yesterday, 21:24   #126
Mick

I'll wait and see what hese does first, like I said it was my preference to let him finish it since he has already brought a few excellent boards to fruition. My specialty is just doing the CAD part of it more than anything else.