English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 30 October 2013, 11:04   #81
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Here is my cfg if you want to try it out Retrofan, or for anyone who wants to try it.

I have a full screen 640x512 gaming resolution setup, plus i am using a 1280x1024 workbench resolution.

It does flicker for a second when changing in between the workbench and gaming resolutions, but that doesn't worry me and i prefer to have a higher res workbench.

Also remember that your monitor may need to upscale a lower res to fit the screen, it's usually in the monitors options.
I have had to do this with my monitor when using these resolutions but it still looks nice and sharp enough for me, and is still the correct aspect ratio.
Attached Files
File Type: rar indivision.rar (2.1 KB, 564 views)
Old 30 October 2013, 11:15   #82
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks, 1280x1024 is killer for my speed, I preffer my wonderful 800x600

Edit: I've tried your config and I preffer your Pal config (not the interlaced), so I've used your settings for mine -I use my 800x600 HighGFX config as main one- and I've edited my post with the new one (Retrofan's2.rar). Thanks a lot Hansel.

I will keep trying anyway to get SuperPlus working. Edit: Now I've ordered an Hdmi-VGA cable.

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 November 2013 at 01:56.
Old 03 November 2013, 10:44   #83
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Hi, here is a few pics of how the Indi aga mk2 looks on my A1200 and Dell LCD using the cfg i previously posted!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1328.JPG
Views:	1081
Size:	415.7 KB
ID:	37640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1332.JPG
Views:	2013
Size:	467.8 KB
ID:	37641  
Old 03 November 2013, 11:22   #84
Reido

Looks very nice will try it out!
Old 03 November 2013, 21:13   #85
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hansel are you using Vga or Hdmi with your Tv?
Old 03 November 2013, 23:24   #86
nnever2000

O.T. Is this an amiga technologies amiga 1200? I never seen one of that before
Old 04 November 2013, 02:04   #87
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnever2000 View Post
O.T. Is this an amiga technologies amiga 1200? I never seen one of that before
O.T. answer: It is, but with an HxC and it's buttons

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 November 2013 at 02:10.
Old 04 November 2013, 06:05   #88
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Hansel are you using Vga or Hdmi with your Tv?
Hi, i have hdmi as my A1200 output, but this monitor only has dvi so i had to use a hdmi-dvi converter.
Old 04 November 2013, 21:13   #89
CloakedAlien
Cat Collector

Soooooo.... A bit late in the game here... But I'm thinking of getting myself an Mk2cr.

I don't really NEED it as I've already got my system hooked up to my 46" LCD using RGB Scart...

However I've got centering/fullscreen issues in WHDLoad games and I'd like to use a higher resolution desktop (800x600 or higher).

If I understand it correctly I'd have to use the latest firmware and therefore not be able to use 800x600 but would have to run 1024x768 and therefore need to add cooling to my A1200?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it's entirely possible to have most (if not all) WHDLoad games run in fullscreen (no borders).

I'm not afraid of having to tinker quite a bit in order to have it working properly, I'm just worried I'd spend a lot of money and not really gaining from it.
Old 04 November 2013, 21:25   #90
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

My 800x600 configuration works perfect, but you need to see if you can use HighGFX or it gives glitches (that I've fixed). Also I have the idea that SuperPlus will work using VGA and I've ordered a cable to try on my Tv.

Tell me a game you have problems to display and I will try running it.
Old 04 November 2013, 21:58   #91
CloakedAlien
Cat Collector

I do actually plan on using VGA rather than DVI. Mainly because the TV I've got it connected to only supports external audio using the PC(VGA)-port =S

I've currently got a Mac Mini connected to the VGA port and it actually gives me a better image than DVI/HDMI does (gets too crispy and text is hard to read).

I understand that I should disable the DVI output then to save both power and avoid uneccessary heat.

TV is a Samsung LA46A656 if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not expecting any out of the box solutions here, I'm just wondering if this card CAN meet my picky needs when it comes to getting games running borderless on my screen and also (but less important) having a high-res desktop =)

Thing is that I'm a bit of a rookie when it comes to the Amiga so even if I know my way around computers it's a bit hard to follow all the things I've read about "SuperPlus" and newer cores of Mk2 / Mk2cr =S
Old 05 November 2013, 00:50   #92
Ratte

photos attached:
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=760
"indi pal-interlace mode" for superplus screen (800x600)
("ind pal-nonlace mode" for pal games and demos can use different settings! 640x512 or 768x576)
Old 05 November 2013, 01:15   #93
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Very nice photos, but you could have posted a config file instead. Thanks a lot anyway.

"Im ConfigTool dafür PAL INTERLACE auf VGA 800x600 Ausgabe setzen!"
"In this ConfigTool set 800x600 PAL interlace output to VGA! "

So it only will work using VGA, not Hdmi (of course if you select VGA only using Hdmi you get a wonderful BLACK screen). Afortunately in my case my Tv supports it too and I will try it ASAP with an Hdmi-VGA adapter cable. For people with a Tv that doesn't have VGA, the only working 800x600 Full screen mode is my wonderful tweaked version of HighGFX, or use SuperPlus with the first core with a not totally full screen, and small/off-centered games one.

I believe you could make a config to get SuperPlus like in the first core and a full screen for games not having to use VGA.

Edit: Your photos... it doesn't look like a very good quality, sorry to say that. I have to post something about mine too.

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 November 2013 at 01:50.
Old 05 November 2013, 05:53   #94
Ratte

What makes you believe, that DVI doesnt work?
Enable VGA+DVI or DVI only and give it a go. (Screen is like core1-settings).
I used the VGA option because my lcd has no dvi-connector and i dont like stripes.
And HighGFX is NEVER fast like SuperPlus, its a fact, try p96-speed to compare it.

Writing so much comments without a testrun, i cant believe it.
And yes ... the photos are bad ... what next?

Last edited by Ratte; 05 November 2013 at 17:08.
Old 05 November 2013, 17:30   #95
Ratte

Indivision MK2 (w. core V2.6) & SuperPlus V40.5
This workaround is some kind of a hack and not supported by Individual Computers!!!

Execute the Indivision MK2 config tool.
Select Amiga-Mode "PAL-Interlace" & VGA-Mode "800x600@60Hz".
Right mousebutton -> menu, enable "override limits"
Set H-Offset to "-56"
Set V-Offset to "-8"
Set Width to "800"
Set Height to "600"
Set Double to "Hires"
Set Lines to "Off"
Set Output to "VGA" or "DVI" ... depends to your config.

PAL-nonlace can be configured different, most demos/games are nonlace.
You can make them fullscreen with a different VGA-Mode.
SuperPlus (800x600 INTERLACE) can coexist with PAL (320/640x256 NONLACE) without problems.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SP_Set1.jpg
Views:	1166
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	37690  
Old 05 November 2013, 20:31   #96
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
Writing so much comments without a testrun, i cant believe it.
And yes ... the photos are bad ... what next?
Ratte don't take me wrong. If I don't make a testun is because it isn't working here yet, I just ask for a config file (yes, where we only have to open it and click on "Apply"). Novacoder also tried it and coudn't either. Your mode is wonderful; the one I use everyday with WinUAE, the one We want, but isn't supported by IC -HighGFX is-, so we just try to make it work.

When I commented the photos it wasn't it's quality, but the quality of the screen, it seems to me like my first Pal config -you know what I mean, a bit "dark" grey and pixelated-, but perhaps I'm wrong as you use a grey background in your WB and perhaps it's just that.
Quote:
And HighGFX is NEVER fast like SuperPlus, its a fact, try p96-speed to compare it.
What does that mean exactly? Where will I notice the speed, when changing for example screen modes or where? -Yes, with mine it's "slow" then-.

Quote:
What makes you believe, that DVI doesnt work?
That you use VGA and it works for you, but doesn't here with Dvi. Perhaps it's just my Tv or your Clock settings, but I am a noob with this world of configurations, as most of us are.

Quote:
...This workaround is some kind of a hack and not supported by Individual Computers!!!
This is an old post, but tells exactly the problem to support SuperPlus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradroid View Post
Ich habe schon mehrfach geschrieben, dass SuperPlus nicht unterstützt wird. Im Moment ist auch nicht geplant, dass das mal passiert. Die Spezifikation des Flickerfixers ist älter als der Mode. Wenn Du jetzt an der Spec etwas verändern willst, kostet das Aufwand, und Aufwand wird in unserer Welt mit Geld aufgewogen.

Kurz: Wenn hier jemand SuperPlus will, dann muss Geld gesammelt werden. Neuer Screenmode-Detektor im FPGA-Core und Erweiterung des Tools, das ist eine Größe, die ich im Moment nichtmal in Geld ausdrücken kann, weil ich die Zeit nicht habe, mir einen Überblick über den Aufwand zu verschaffen.

Jens
Google translation: "I've written several times that SuperPlus is not supported. At the moment there are no plans of that happening once. The specification of the Indivision is older than the mode. If you now want to change something in the specs, it costs effort and expense is outweighed in our world with money.

In short, if anyone here wants SuperPlus, then money must be collected. New screen mode detector in the FPGA core and extension of the tools, which is a size that I can not even express in money at the moment because I have not the time to give me an overview of the effort."

I will edit this post later to post a video with my A1200/ACA of my config -uploading now-, although it won't look so good as for real and my camera isn't so good. The booting music stops a bit when opening my Dvd drive, as it has the CybergraphX Cd inside.

-Edit- Video: [ Show youtube player ] opening ramdomly a game -sorry I don't have the joystick connected at that moment- And yes -before you ask me-, that's the fastest taskbar ever: boots started and runs at lightning speed.
And I've edited my Retrofan's2 config, to disable "Individual Computers" screen mode messages: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=919091#post919091, just like in the video.

Last edited by Retrofan; 07 November 2013 at 23:53.
Old 07 November 2013, 01:42   #97
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Retrofan's SuperPlus Configuration

Ok Ratte, thanks a lot. With your last post now I've got SuperPlus working and it looks really nice, full screen of course. I've added to the Pal mode the config of Hansel that is the best IMHO.

The only "but" is that my booting picture (AmigaSYS or AmiKit Real) now isn't full screen (almost, but it's the same on WinUAE), and is off centered.

So this is the for so long awaited working config of SuperPlus Full screen (Workbench and also Games) attached.

First, of course, install the Indivision Config and later update it to the V1.2beta from here: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_AGA_MK2

If you have any problem to run the installer of the Config/Flash tool V1.1beta, you can copy and run this Installer Script (with icon):
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost...4&postcount=20
Edit: Attached also in "Files" rar.

Finally copy the SuperPlus mode http://www.a1k.org/forum/showpost.ph...3&postcount=33 to your Sys: Devs/Monitors and reboot.
Edit: Attached also in "Files" rar.

Then you just have to open the "Indivision" program in prefs (updated to V1.2 -just install the V1.2 over the existing-), right click on it's top bar, "Config", "Open Config" and search for my config (you've unpacked it in your Pc and copied it to wherever in your miggy). Then press at the bottom right, on "Apply", click on Pal mode (left column), "Test", then save the config.
In Screenmode prefs (in your System:Prefs) select SuperPlus HighResLaced (800x600). Test it first before saving it.

With this same config you can try also if you want HighGFX 800x600, installing it to your Sys: Devs/Monitors; you just have to untick the default 1024x768 and use 800x600 in Screenmode prefs.

Thanks again Ratte and Hansel as well for your help.

Edit: Remember this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradroid View Post
Ich habe schon mehrfach geschrieben, dass SuperPlus nicht unterstützt wird. Im Moment ist auch nicht geplant, dass das mal passiert. Die Spezifikation des Flickerfixers ist älter als der Mode. Wenn Du jetzt an der Spec etwas verändern willst, kostet das Aufwand, und Aufwand wird in unserer Welt mit Geld aufgewogen.

Kurz: Wenn hier jemand SuperPlus will, dann muss Geld gesammelt werden. Neuer Screenmode-Detektor im FPGA-Core und Erweiterung des Tools, das ist eine Größe, die ich im Moment nichtmal in Geld ausdrücken kann, weil ich die Zeit nicht habe, mir einen Überblick über den Aufwand zu verschaffen.

Jens
Google translation: "I've written several times that SuperPlus is not supported. At the moment there are no plans of that happening once. The specification of the Indivision is older than the mode. If you now want to change something in the specs, it costs effort and expense is outweighed in our world with money.

In short, if anyone here wants SuperPlus, then money must be collected. New screen mode detector in the FPGA core and extension of the tools, which is a size that I can not even express in money at the moment because I have not the time to give me an overview of the effort."

So well, here you've got the SuperPlus config working.

Remember it is very important later to adjust with Overscan in Prefs the settings of the Pal screen to fit your screen.

Edit: I've changed again the config as some games had the top with some lines less. Now the screen is centered and both borders up and down of games like Aliens Breed Tower assault are visible.

EDIT (Sept 24, 2014): Today I've made another config, "HighGFX800x600". This is usefull when you need to run a booting screen like AmigaSYS or AmiKit Real have. It can only run 800x600 using HighGFX Super-High Res Laced and unticking the default 1024x768 and using instead 800x600. It gives a Pal Interlaced mode that you can try with Booting images with a size 720x540 or similar. The config is based on my SuperPlus config and I've changed only the Pal Interlaced mode. SuperPlus can't work now, but HighGFX does just like it was doing with the previously attached SuperPlus config.
I need this config to use Rainboot and it gives an almost full screen now for it while booting with images.

Edit: It looks like an incoherence as I say that you can install the SuperPlus config and use the HighGFX 800x600 mode, so why do you need to install the HighGFX config? Because they aren't the same, they will look the same but you only see the difference if you try to use a bootscreen program.
Attached Files
File Type: rar SuperPlus.rar (2.0 KB, 752 views)
File Type: zip HighGFX800_600.zip (2.2 KB, 599 views)
File Type: rar Files.rar (8.1 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 23 October 2017 at 20:30.
Old 07 November 2013, 03:01   #98
Mr B

I cant help but feel that perhaps there should be a thread created only for profiles? They seam to get lost in all the posts here.
Old 07 November 2013, 12:12   #99
NovaCoder

Yep thanks Retrofan/Ratte that config got my SuperPlus mode back.

I'll do some testing with it and see how I go.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20131107_220054.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	427.7 KB
ID:	37714  
Old 07 November 2013, 22:15   #100
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Yep thanks Retrofan/Ratte that config got my SuperPlus mode back.

I'll do some testing with it and see how I go.
(Offtopic) Ufff! That's a wallpaper/WB screen setup... you see M8?
Ejem... send me a copy.

No glitches now like you have using HighGFX?

Edit: Someone with a full screen NTSC -non laced- config to post?

Edit: Yes, I'm sorry to say that we have hijacked this thread (edit: It was at the News thread), and mostly it's all my fault, but I don't know how to "clean" this thread. In part I'm very happy to contribute on something for a lot of people wanting a full screen 800x600 mode that didn't exist, with clear explanations -that's what I've tried to make- like someone suggested and "turned me on". Jens also said it would cost him money to release a Core to support SuperPlus or 800x600, and I've tried to help. But on the other side I'm very sad thinking about what Jens must be thinking about all of this in his "News" thread, as he doesn't say a word. I've got to say I'm very sorry about that, so I would like to beg Jen's pardon and ask some moderator (post reported) to move the off-topics posts here to another place, just if they think the same way or perhaps asking Jens first. Anyway I don't think I will post any other config here.

EDIT: Prowler has done a great work moving these last posts here and it wasn't easy. Thanks M8

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 November 2013 at 03:03.