English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 January 2012, 18:25   #21
frikilokooo

This is it:

http://www.pdaviet.net/showthread.ph...AD-tu%E1%BB%87

Addictive puzzle,it could be done without scroll and you could rip the graphics

Game Nuts(with Mobile Emulator) in the zone.

Last edited by frikilokooo; 05 January 2012 at 18:43.
Old 05 January 2012, 18:57   #22
khph_re

How about a sci-fi dungeonmaster style game? there's a few tutorials online for that, and I can do you some graphics...so long as you can give me plenty of colours of course...I don't get out of bed for less than 32!
Old 05 January 2012, 19:29   #23
Graham Humphrey

Thanks for all the replies so far. Really impressed at the quantity and diversity of the ideas. Do keep 'em coming folks.

I'll do a more in-depth reply later on to address individual suggestions but so far I've taken a real liking to Invadazoid and Downfall... the latter in particular doesn't look too complicated. But I will look more closely into both of them.

There are some suggestions I'm not too familiar with so I will be doing plenty of research methinks.

Thanks again, really appreciate the ideas coming out here!
Old 05 January 2012, 19:36   #24
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Minecraft in filled vector 3D (with graphics like Hunter).
Old 05 January 2012, 19:41   #25
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sack View Post
The Atari lot seem quite happy with having downfall ported to the Falcon 030: [ Show youtube player ]

I keep meaning to get around to getting it going on a stock A500, but if someone else gets around to it first...

There's no bejeweled? I've been avoiding doing that kind of game for a warmup because I assumed every man and his dog would've done one.
in an issue of apov, they reviewed Bejeweled Champion... it will only run on accelerated Amiga... i think thats the only clone!

so it would be nice to have an un-accelerated AGA version

For me a modern Tetris game would be great, using features such as Hold, Hard Drop, Next Piece X 5, Ghost Piece, Infinite Spin and combo bonuses..

scores could be save able for things like Speed Attack Time, Marathon Highscore, Endless Highscore

THAT would be heaven to me, i did try to start a Tetris clone, but it came to nothing.. still have the iffs for the block graphics, which look a little like the ds version design and colour.. (see below)

I would pay good money for that

Achievements:-
Novice - Beat Level 10 in Marathon Mode - 25
Champion - Beat Level 20 in Marathon Mode -50
On the List - Achieve a highscore in Marathon Mode (minimum of 250,000) - 10
Top of the Board - Achieve the highest highscore in Marathon Mode (minimum of 500,000) - 25
Speed E Boy - Clear 40 Lines in under 5.00 minutes in Speed Attack Mode - 10
Speed Demon - Clear 40 Lines in under 2.30 minutes in Speed Attack Mode - 25
Half Way There - Reach level 500 in Endless Mode - 10
Clocked - Surpass level 999 in Endless Mode - 100
Tee'd Off - Clear two lines with a T-Spin - 10
Carry On - Complete a Marathon Mode game with Hold switched off - 10
Blind Luck - Complete a Marathon Mode game with Next Piece switched off - 10
Back to Back - Do two Tetrises back to back in any game mode -10
Addicted - Play Tetris in any game mode for 20 hours -10
Tetris Master - Complete a game of Marathon Mode only using Combos - 50
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tetrispieces.jpg
Views:	866
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	30283  

Last edited by Djay; 05 January 2012 at 20:12.
Old 05 January 2012, 19:49   #26
Dreedo

Haha, i was going to suggest Minecraft Cody, but thought that'd be too much for an Amiga.

Just please don't get involved with Bejeweled, its an evil game, every platform has it, and it has to stop!

Some more suggestions:

Racing game like Mario Kart? Think Bump n Burn is like MK, but never appealed to me much.

Game like Trials or ExciteBike NES, where you use left and right arrow keys to balance out your bike as you go up hills etc.

I also support the Mini Golf idea.

Mini Game Compilation, in the vein of WarioWare.
Old 05 January 2012, 20:02   #27
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreedo View Post
Just please don't get involved with Bejeweled, its an evil game, every platform has it, and it has to stop!
I would strongly stand against ANY kind of game like that, that's already available for the Amiga to be done for the nth time.
It will never be as polished as the best of it's kind, so why bother if there are so many genres still unexplored on our Amy?

But it's all up to Graham.
Old 05 January 2012, 21:17   #28
frikilokooo

Also I suggest a [ Show youtube player ] clone or [ Show youtube player ] clone.There is nothing like them on Amiga and are very addictive.
Old 05 January 2012, 21:49   #29
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by khph_re View Post
How about a sci-fi dungeonmaster style game? there's a few tutorials online for that, and I can do you some graphics...so long as you can give me plenty of colours of course...I don't get out of bed for less than 32!
There are many, check Black Dawn saga.
Old 05 January 2012, 21:58   #30
Amiga1992

Some simple puzzle game would be great. What about a conversion of Zoo Keeper or Bejeweled? I love those two. ALSO: Drop7 for iOS is a cool game!

I'd help you with an y of tehse in graphiocs and/or music if you want

Tetrios Bombliss is also very cool, or a tetris with all the features of the Tetris Online you have on Wii, for example.
Old 05 January 2012, 22:15   #31
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

BeachHead Remake....The Amiga version never got released and the pc version BH2000 was shite !!
Recreated as the Amiga version would have looked ....with maybe a few more tweeks but for a programmer im guessing it wouldnt be to difficult.

Plus it would be a good Tribute to Bruce Carver R.I.P

Wish i could do it my head is full of level graphic ideas

Last edited by synchro; 05 January 2012 at 22:23.
Old 05 January 2012, 22:22   #32
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Conversion of the ST classic oids

http://www.savetubevideo.com/?v=WxhmMGLVjQ4

Should be able to rip or recreate the graphics and sounds easily (major stumbling blocks in development)

Would be very cool to see this with silky smooth movement and scrolling.
Old 05 January 2012, 22:39   #33
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Advance Wars!!
Old 05 January 2012, 22:49   #34
musojon74

Ranarama never got a miggy release... :-) I quite fancy a bejewelled too but I guess that's been done. Or Angry Birds :-)
Old 05 January 2012, 22:53   #35
Dreedo

Thorham was working on an Advance Wars port, but don't think he ever got around to fully making it.

I also +1 the Balloon Fight idea, with multiplayer support, perhaps 4 player on 1 Amiga, I could see it being a very fun party game.
Old 05 January 2012, 22:59   #36
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Starquake.
Old 05 January 2012, 23:59   #37
Graham Humphrey

And they keep coming in... good stuff

Big thanks to everybody so far.

Firstly, any ports are out I'm afraid (and whatever happened to Thorham's Advance Wars port anyway?) - even more so trying to port PC games like Terraria, and trying to do it in Blitz... to be honest that's a total non-starter. I want to write something new rather than another port.

Anything like Transport Tycoon or a Dungeon Master-like RPG are out too. Not really my type of thing to play and again possibly a bit too complex for somebody with my limited ability to put together. Ditto, a rugby or ice hockey equivalent of Sensible Soccer - no knowledge of those sports at all!

Surprised that nobody has done a Bejeweled clone for a bog-standard Amiga yet - if somebody else wants to do it feel free Tetris has been done to death (Tetris Pro and Super Twintris are my faves) and I don't think there's any point in adding yet another one to the list. Re-doing old ideas yet again isn't necessarily a bad thing in my opinion - but they have to offer something different enough to be worth playing.

Racing games (especially into-the-screen-ones) are out too on the grounds my head would probably explode. Bit out of my depth there.

I like some of Shoonay's links - Traal I found very interesting indeed. Ninja Delivery was amusing too. I guess that would be very easy to actually program as you're essentially clicking on things in a certain order. Not much of an actual game though so it kinda lives or dies by the graphics and the game's scenario. A bit thin (in my opinion). Definitely thinking outside the box though!

I'd say the ideas that have interested me most so far are Invadazoid and Downfall as posted earlier, but in addition, also Balloon Fight looks fun (and great shout from Dreedo for a four-player mode... I sense potential). Traal could be intriguing to do. A Mini Golf game could be enjoyable with some suitably fun course design.

Also like the mini game idea like WarioWare (or Bishi Bashi Special, one of my favourite PS1 games) - it would need a lot of work to think up enough games but they'd be pretty simple to write by necessity. And of course, the Frogbert suggestion posted by Foxman (which prompted this thread in the first place).

So that's, what, seven concepts I particularly like the look of - not bad going! The key for me is something I think could be finished relatively quickly and isn't too complex or involving (I'm not the best programmer and it's been a while since I finished a project - the problem with big, ambitious games is that it feels like it takes ages to feel like you're making headway), and has a pick-up-and-play element to it while being consistently fun.

I'll take a closer look at some of these soon and start to think about what I think would work best - again I won't be doing direct conversions/remakes of any of these but merely basing a new title on these already-established ideas, and most of these aren't commonplace (if they exist at all) on the Amiga so that's an extra incentive for me I think.

Of course, feel free to give me further ideas, whether that's suggestions for my potential projects or just more general game ideas - the more the merrier Once more, a big big thanks to everybody for taking the time to come up with idea(s), it really makes my life easier (and harder at the same time)
Old 06 January 2012, 01:25   #38
Djay
95th User

i asked about a Bishi Bashi Special clone for Amiga on EAB some time ago...

i often thought about what's required out of the coder to make a clone, considering the variety of mini games you have to include it would be a nightmare just working on each levels design and physics, thinking on the amount of coding you have to do... don't even mention debugging and testing

i would love a clone though.. just think you would need a dedicated team to produce it

let's go for a new concept then.... i would like a platform rpg, go on quest, fight baddies, collect gold, buy stuff, return home, go out a choose a different quest or continue with the mainquest... think basic platform version of oblivion!
Old 06 January 2012, 01:30   #39
kriz

I would simply like: A new cool 2d plattformer... The Amiga does it great and its not the hardest and biggest project... All the best for the project no mather what you choose
Old 06 January 2012, 11:32   #40
Dreedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay
let's go for a new concept then.... i would like a platform rpg, go on quest, fight baddies, collect gold, buy stuff, return home, go out a choose a different quest or continue with the mainquest... think basic platform version of oblivion!
Sounds like Monster Hunter to me.

Amazing how hard it is to make an original game these days.