English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 23 August 2016, 20:40   #121
Overflow

Those cd boxes looks really professional, and I really like the art!

I hope the sale figures has encouraged you guys to keep developing
Old 24 August 2016, 09:31   #122
eXeler0

There, ordered mine now.
Old 26 August 2016, 14:30   #123
funK

Just received my copy: let me just say that I'm very, very pleased from packaging quality alone, very professional indeed: can't wait to boot up the game and try it on my miggy tonight!
Thanks to Viddi and Buzzybee for making this release happen!!
Old 29 August 2016, 14:32   #124
funK

So, I played it a little bit over the week-end, and I have to say that the game seems pretty legit to me: sure it's a bit short of colours and artstyle is probably not for everyone's taste, but it's difficult, it has got some cool graphic effects and more importantly its gameplay is totally addictive with that "only one more play before I turn it off!" thing that keeps you playing it over and over again.
Only thing that bothers me is that there's no hi-score table and no hi-score saving, but maybe this will be rectified once hi-score page goes online, even if I think game would be even better if it had local hi-score saving anyways.
Old 29 August 2016, 15:24   #125
viddi

Thanks for your feedback, funK!
Glad you like our package and game.
Old 30 August 2016, 03:15   #126
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

I should be able to afford a copy in the next while- I do like shmups.
Old 30 August 2016, 09:26   #127
funK

Played some RESHOOT yesterday on my Amiga connected to my plasma/home theatre combo and it was just awesome also because after 3 beers I realized this is the perfect local party game when friends come over here.
Also, that catchy tune keeps growing on me.
Here's some crap pictures that don't really make justice to the experience, but this thread really needs some more RESHOOT images:

Old 30 August 2016, 16:26   #128
apex

My 2 copies also arrived, thank you!
Old 30 August 2016, 16:32   #129
DamienD
Banned

My copy has arrived with my friend; as I didn't want the box etc...

He has kindly made an .ISO of the CD-ROM for me and e-mailed it across... It's only 1.25MB in size

Is that correct; no CD audio?
Old 30 August 2016, 17:38   #130
Amigajay

I expect so, the demo didn't, I wasn't expecting cd audio anyway.
Old 30 August 2016, 22:19   #131
DamienD
Banned

Ok, so have tested the game.

This is obviously just my opinion at the end of the day...

...but I must say that I'm quite disappointed for the following reasons:

a) Game is only 1.25MB in size (which doesn't really mean that much but would have expected better quality when compared to other games of equal size and also given the fact that it's running on an A1200 / CD32).
b) Sound is a bit annoying.
c) Graphics are ok but nothing special.
d) No local hi-score table.
e) Game isn't really that exciting (and trust me, I love shoot 'em ups).

I just think for the price it's not really worth it; if it was half the price and available as a digital download (remember I had to purchase the complete package; which I wasn't interested in just to get the files).

You guys know me, of course any new game for the Amiga in this day and age is most welcome. I support loads of different projects but again, regarding this, I do feel let down

Anyway, I really hope that in future you guys can create something better with this engine / from what you've learnt; especially if you are going to set a ludicrous price tag equal to the latest PC / console game
Old 30 August 2016, 22:33   #132
Amigajay

Got my copy today, will play it at the weekend though don't have free time till then.

Of course it's your opinion, sound and gfx were available to see with the demo so you should have known those at least!
Size wise, I don't see how it's a problem, loads of cd32 games were 1-2 meg games ported from the Amiga, it's no difference here.
I am disappointed there is no high score table though, considering it's a beat the score game, I would have thought that was a given!
Other than that I still look forward to playing it.
Old 30 August 2016, 22:36   #133
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Of course it's your opinion, sound and gfx were available to see with the demo so you should have known those at least!
Yeah played the demo which was ok, but were advised on numerous occasions that the full game was sooooo much more; when really IMHO it isn't now that I've played it...

Not to worry; it's not like I'm asking for my money back or something. Just stating what my opinion is...

Look forward to hearing what you think when you actually get around to playing it
Old 30 August 2016, 23:32   #134
Amiga1992

I just have the feeling this would have been slightly more adequate if crunched to fit in a floppy.
Old 31 August 2016, 02:24   #135
buzzybee

Thanks to all for your feedback.

Regarding the size of the game: The reason why RESHOOT is distributed on CD-ROM is simply that this is the way most people can actually load and enjoy the game in 2016. Digital distribution was available for Patreon-supporters – and still is for any possible follow-up-game. Just visit my Patreon website :-)

There was never talk of a CD-audiotrack and in fact it would not work with RESHOOT. Why? If you play into the game for a few minutes you will realize that the soundtrack accelerates smoothly the farther you progress; also the animation is synchronized to the music. These are small details which are not immediately recognizable, but are important for the feel of the game. This simply would not be possible with CD-Audio on Amiga.

Floppy Disk: RESHOOT actually can be run from a floppy disk. The code is prepared for that and it is mentioned in the manual how to make it work: Just copy all contents except for the intro picture to a fresh 3.5. That´s it. You just need to add a startup-sequence if you want to to boot from floppy.

Highscore: As mentioned in the manual, global hi-save is a planned feature which unfortunately doesn´t work right now – the website is simply not working yet. I sincerely hope the situation will change soon. As its not in my hands I can just apologise.
Old 31 August 2016, 12:20   #136
Overflow

I just got home from work 2 hours ago, and found a nice suprise in my mailbox

CDROM box:
Very nice looking, with outstanding graphics, with some information on the back. I also like the Barcode RESHOOT logo.
Inside the box, there is a nice printed thin info booklet which mentioned the work in progress aspect of the High Score. Ofcourse showing off highscores is fun, and I will look forward to the implimentation. But it doesnt put ME off personally with regards to the fun I have with the game.

Fired up my A1200, and the game loaded quickly.

What one think about the graphics and music is obviously highly subjective, but I personally like it.

The music was somewhat annoying in the start, but as I progressed I enjoyed it. Maybe a feature to turn it off/on in future games, if people want to play different tunes from alternate sources? Again; I liked the music after a while.

I found the graphics to be very smooth and effective. Yes, there could be some more colors here and there, but being a guy that loves minimalistic styles, I found the graphics to be quite good. The models are 100% fine, and just adding more colors wont change the good playability.
BUT I do understand that many like more eyecandy, so putting more colors on the current models would satisfy many...? Personally doesnt bother me at all.

All in all you have a very good foundation to make more shoot'em ups, and I hope you do!
Zeusdaz had a 20 games list on his youtube channel yesterday, and Disposable Hero is also a horizontal shooter I also loved the look of.

Off to play some more RESHOOT!
Old 31 August 2016, 18:38   #137
xArtx

I ordered mine a few weeks back and will say what I think when I play it
I don’t play games much, but don’t think I could refrain from buying a commercial game for CD32... at least the first one for a long time.
Old 04 September 2016, 03:25   #138
Toncon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Maybe a CGA conversion is planned?
i think they have a thought of porting to Apple ][+.

Old 04 September 2016, 10:28   #139
Amigajay

I have put my thoughts of this game on my blog;

Reshoot CD32 Review
Old 04 September 2016, 11:27   #140
apex

My short feedback after playing a while:

- Music is "interesting"
- Online highscore not working
- Offline highscore not available, and that is what I am missing mostly. In such a game a highscore with the possibility to enter the name would increase motivation.
- Code for online highscore shown to fast.
- No better weapon?