English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 17 November 2018, 00:48   #1
Triple

wtb fpu and crystal even if you dont have it for sale the advice would be just as goo

ok so a few days ago i posted about my a1200 recently retrieved from the loft after 23 years here is the card itself that i need the fpu and crystal for
http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...1&d=1542411427

like i said i know a little about this old card but its very old but that means cheap parts i hope ideally im looking for a person that has got both parts so 1 transaction

when i go this card in the mid-late 90's you could get it with th fpu and crystal i think but it was very very expensive i have herd these are now quite common and sometimes discard value ( more info needed) also i know about the pcmcia slot not working if i had it set to 8mb back ten i dint need that slot so i kept it at 8mb i have an amiga 1200 rev 2b if i got the timing fix done (if the rev 2B needs it ?.) would that enable the pcmcia slot again ?. im loking fo specs and known solid setups with crystal-fpu no mega overclock-flaky system stability if thats possible . pls comment for warned is for armed

cheers dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ami tek 8mb no fpu or crystal.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1,001.6 KB
ID:	60850  
Old 17 November 2018, 04:13   #2
ptyerman

That's just a common Amitek Hawk RAM expansion, they was very popular back in the day. It can have a PLCC 68882 FPU fitted that runs at 20, 33 or 40 MHz.
Try Vesalia for the FPU and xtal, failing that Amibay.
Card is listed at the BBOAH here: https://bboah.com/index.php?action=a...996&artlang=en
Old 17 November 2018, 08:00   #3
Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
That's just a common Amitek Hawk RAM expansion, they was very popular back in the day. It can have a PLCC 68882 FPU fitted that runs at 20, 33 or 40 MHz.
Try Vesalia for the FPU and xtal, failing that Amibay.
Card is listed at the BBOAH here: https://bboah.com/index.php?action=a...996&artlang=en
ok yeah i get your point about popularity thats probably beacuse there were like todays pc budget boards compared to i think they were called blizzard that was 2-2.5 x the price of the market value of the a1200 that was my reason for getting it 8mb was crazy back then ill i will go take a gander thank you for the info .
dave
Old 17 November 2018, 12:37   #4
ptyerman

Quote:
blizzard that was 2-2.5 x the price of the market value of the a1200
That's because the Blizzard and similar cards are CPU accelerators with 32 bit memory addressing. The Amitek is a memory expansion only, it only contains memory within the Zorro memory address.
Also note a FPU won't speed up the Amitek, it would only be useful if you was running software that required a FPU.
Old 17 November 2018, 15:01   #5
Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
That's because the Blizzard and similar cards are CPU accelerators with 32 bit memory addressing. The Amitek is a memory expansion only, it only contains memory within the Zorro memory address.
Also note a FPU won't speed up the Amitek, it would only be useful if you was running software that required a FPU.

ah thank you vey much then maybe a mod can delate this post pls if an fpu and or crystal isnt going to make my machine fly (for games) then i dont need these iteams sorry .

could a mod pls deleate sorry .

thank you very much for all the info in this thread guys .
Old 23 February 2019, 20:06   #6
Triple

just out of interest ive looked at my card and it has 10 holes for the crystal but i can only find 2'4'8 and 14 pin or dil would i also need a new socket for my card ?. or if any of the above would fit which one ?. also there is a jumper that says int cpu with with 3 pins what does this have to be set on if i do buy a fpu and crystal ?.