English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 06 March 2018, 20:46   #1
thirtywinter

What in the world? How do you save your edited configuration??

Ok.. As much as I love this emulator I'm having the hardest time saving any configs I have edited more to my liking and instead having to change the config each time and run the game from the launcher rather than using that lovely launcher.

So how do you save a config you have edited?

Old 07 March 2018, 09:58   #2
adolfo.pa

The save button should be in the left side of the main launcher window.

To save the current configuration simply put a name on the field an click the button.
Old 07 March 2018, 21:26   #3
thirtywinter

Does that also apply to whdload games as well? Becuase the only thing I see there is Rate variant.

Old 09 March 2018, 12:47   #4
adolfo.pa

Oh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I assumed your weren't using the fancy WHDLoad support.

I don't think there's an easy way to customize a Game configuration. But of course, there's always a hard way

In your FS-UAE dir there's a "Databases" directory. All the information about the games is stored here in a bunch of SQLite dbs. If you're SQL savvy I think you should be able change the config used by some particular game by modifying the relevant row in the "game" table ("Launcher" database).

But to be honest, unless you *really* need to customize a game config I don't think it is worth the effort.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the "game" table shows which configuration file a particular game is using, so you can simply modify that config instead of making the game use a different one.

Last edited by adolfo.pa; 09 March 2018 at 12:54.
Old 09 March 2018, 19:44   #5
thirtywinter

Jesus Christ! LOL! What in the world... Why would.. I can't even... Why would anybody think thats a great idea on how to do that? Surely I cant be the only one that wants to fine tune a game here and there?

But I digress. Thank you so much for your help.

Old 10 March 2018, 14:18   #6
thirtywinter

Ok.. I'm in the launcher sql file looking at the game table. Maybe I'm being stupid here, but I see no row that seems to control what machine it should run on, lets say in the launcher its A600 but the game runs much better on a A4000 configuration. Am I missing something?

Also, I failed to see where the game table lists the configuration file for any particular game. I am sure I am missing something here, but if you could help me out a little more that would be great.

Old 12 March 2018, 18:27   #7
adolfo.pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtywinter View Post
Ok.. I'm in the launcher sql file looking at the game table. Maybe I'm being stupid here, but I see no row that seems to control what machine it should run on, lets say in the launcher its A600 but the game runs much better on a A4000 configuration. Am I missing something?
No thirtywinter, you're not being stupid. *I* am

While you can change the configuration, you can only point to existing configs in openretro.org, so this is basically useless. Also, I believed the configuration could be customized by modifying the 'path' column, but that doesn't work.

I'm really sorry thirtywinter, I hope you haven't wasted a lot of time on this.
Old 13 March 2018, 13:38   #8
thirtywinter

Ah.. ok.. in that case I'm not feeling superbad. I am perplexed at this choice in design tho in otherwise such an excellent program. You would think that one should be able to locally store adjustments to configs from openretro instead of this all or nothing approach.

Well, thank you for trying and while I spent a couple of hours on this, it was time well spent learning new things. So all in all, not overly bad.