English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 03 March 2002, 08:44   #1
Amiga1992

WHD questions

I now know why Cody and Codetapper praise so much this proggy. It's brill. With the preload option on, some games seem like being played on a cartridge based console. It's mega=supah=supah great!

Anyway, a couple of questions arise:

1) WTF is an NMI AUTOVECTOR?!?!?! many games crashed with this shit, and I had to use the NOAUTOVEC tooltype to make them run. Can somebody explain to me what's this all about?

2) Demos. aren't they great...? but I need installers for some of my old demos. I dloaded from the Aminet installers for Technological Death, Desert Dream, State of the Art and 9 Fingers, and to say they are poop, it's an understatement. AFAIK, they're not even JST or WHD, have no exit key, and most of them just make my meega guru... Are there any WHD or JST installers for these old demos (and any others, I want to fill my HD)? I dont know if they are all in the WHDLoad page, I dont recall finding them.

That reminds me, Ive seen there is no WHDLoad install for Zool 2 ECS... is anybody willing to do that one? I can provide the images...

[edit] Disregard question numero 2, seems like I didnt look well enough :P I now have all the WHD installers for the above demos... nice . BTW, can I use the ADFs directly as disk.1 , disk.2 etc?

Last edited by Amiga1992; 03 March 2002 at 08:50.
Old 03 March 2002, 20:56   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

The answer to your question about Zool 2 lies in the "currently in work" section of the WHDLoad page. Codetapper is working on it and it's 100% complete. Since the installer hasn't been released, I'm guessing it has problems. I suggest you ask Codetapper, though.
Old 03 March 2002, 21:30   #3
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Post WHDLoad rules!

1. NMI Autovector is when a non maskable interrupt occurs. Usually reset switches such as the button on the Action Replay cartridge cause these to occur, but it also happens with some TCP/IP stacks and other hardware (perhaps your CD drive is generating them?). If that error occurs all the time, simply download the development archive and copy the s:whdload.prefs file and set that NOAUTOVEC flag globally. Then all installs will automatically use it.

2. Glad you found the demos section at last!

3. Zool 2 ECS and AGA are 100% complete! The only reason I have held it back was because I was hoping to be sent a working version of the coverdisk version - but since it doesn't look like I will get it, I will just release the game... The one I have crashes as soon as you complete the first world and the disk looks like the Classic crack with the files repacked by the MASM cruncher.

Last edited by Codetapper; 04 March 2002 at 02:01.
Old 04 March 2002, 02:18   #4
Amiga1992

I've got no CD drive, it's quite strange. All I got is a hard drive, could it be it? Perhaps teh disk drive? everytime it crashes with that, the diskdrive makes a noise... Should I be worried? :P

Thanks about the info on Zool 2... I was going to send you teh disk images if you didnt have them... What coverdisk version are you talking about? I only have a demo taht came with The One.
Old 04 March 2002, 11:58   #5
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Post Zool 2

I would doubt your hard drive would generate the interrupts but I'm no expert - all I will say is "it could be". If the NOAUTOVEC fixes all games/demos, be glad and set the flag globally

The magazine Amiga Fun released a 2 disk coverdisk version of Zool 2 which has all the signs of the Mok/Classic crack, files rejigged and repacked with a cruncher called MASM (which I'd never heard of) and during the decrunching process on levels 2, 3 and 4 it crashes with line 1111 emulator faults. If you use the cheat mode to start on level 5 or 6, you can complete the faulty coverdisk version but levels 2 - 4 are stuffed! On both my A500 and A1200 the floppy version crashes
Old 04 March 2002, 15:53   #6
Amiga1992

So you say I shouldn't be worried about something causing interrupts all over the place? ok

I didnt know about that AmigaFun release... how strange