English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 26 October 2023, 09:17   #61
rygar

Could you change lower case to capital letters ??? Right now it doesn't look good.

Old 01 November 2023, 14:32   #62
Photon

Might be better to not capitalize titles, if you mean accent characters Rygar? Not all languages and libraries know how to do that despite Unicode. (Also a common problem: proper sorting on first character with accent.)

My feedback (on desktop version):
My general impression is that it's a face lift but lots of panels with all caps in them which makes it too busy for the eyes. (Compare other "flows" e.g. x or FB).

I was looking for the ID for a certain game, but it was hard to find at a glance, and the URL now has the game title in it, which might not be compatible with all title names. Might be difficult to link exact variation of the same entry. I hope hol.abime.net/ID links are forwarded correctly (i.e. not broken).

Under News it would be nice to have a screenshot per blog post. Right now it's at the bottom. It would be nice with like a showcase of "3 latest added games" or a carousel at the top, or maybe it and news could be moved to a dedicated page, such as well...hey

So this with pictures and a /top could be great.

Font sizes vary quite a bit, which could maybe be tweaked. Maybe just the biggest ones should be pegged down 2 steps and done.

'Top' statistics/meaning could be shared? I guessed most page loads at first, which typically means most web searched. But I guess it's magazine reviews and I guess that's actually fine. I'm not sure I would want a visitor/user rating system.

Overall for me I like the change and it was smooth to transition. So no real complaints, everyone did a good job.
Old 14 November 2023, 08:03   #63
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Do you mean like this: https://amiga.abime.net/games/list/?...=487&year=1991 ?

There isn't a way to sort the results by column when in list view yet.
+1 feature request to add at least sort by release date in list views please! :-)
Old 14 November 2023, 08:05   #64
ransom1122

I still find hol is slower then oldhol on whatever device I use... im still a regular user of oldhol but disappointed as no new data is in oldhol