English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 20 February 2016, 00:57   #1
jaesonk

MovieShop 4.x Stamps Corrupt?

I'm running MovieShop 4.x on an Amiga4000 with GVP 4060, VLM & Toccata, and Retina Z3, with P96 & OS3.1.

Everything is working so far except I'm getting corrupt stamps in the scene list. I tried various setting in the MISC settings for stamps. High/Low quality. Large/Small.

See attached pix.

I open MovieShop on a default screen, which matches whatever Workbench is using, P96 1024x768x8. I tried a few other P96 screens but it didn't change the corrupt stamps.

The corrupt stamps appear in MS4.3 thru MS4.9.

Anyone else run into this? Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	About_MS48.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	47580   Click image for larger version

Name:	MISC_Settings_Sm.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	47581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scene_List_Sm.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	47582   Click image for larger version

Name:	MISC_Settings-Lrg.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	47583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scene_List-Lrg.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	47584  

Old 20 February 2016, 18:51   #2
jaesonk

Is there any setting in the P96 configuration that might affect stamp displays in MovieShop?
Old 20 February 2016, 18:59   #3
gulliver
BoingBagged

Not that I remember but if your are using MCP you should experience display issues when applying some of the patches.
Old 21 February 2016, 02:37   #4
jaesonk

No MCP. No kickstart remapping or loading into fastram.

I have MUI & MagicWB installed. Could there be something in MUI? I haven't looked through the settings for it.

I tried with & without cyberpatcher installed.

I have registered HS Math libs installed, the MovieShop stamp corruption existed before I added these.

I did not initially install anything for the RetinaZ3. I just went straight with P96, so there were no libs from the Retina install disk. I added them but it didn't affect the stamp corruption.

I attached a grab of P96 tooltypes. I'll have to grab the environment settings and post later.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PVS_TT.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	47600  
Old 21 February 2016, 02:55   #5
jaesonk

BTW, I'm using P96 2.0 from Aminet.

I came across and "unofficial" P96 update. Is this worth trying?
http://lilliput.amiga-projects.net/Picasso96.htm
Old 21 February 2016, 09:59   #6
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaesonk View Post
BTW, I'm using P96 2.0 from Aminet.

I came across and "unofficial" P96 update. Is this worth trying?
http://lilliput.amiga-projects.net/Picasso96.htm
It is funny that you mention it. I built that unofficial version

Yes, it is definately better than the Aminet one as it has the latest stuff that was released for P96, which includes amongst other things many bugfixes.
Old 22 February 2016, 20:10   #7
jaesonk

Nice. I installed your updated version. No problems to report. Unfortunately, it didn't fix my MovieShop stamps either. I fiddled about with some P96 settings but nothing changed so P96 may not be related to my problem.

Maybe something related to my 4060 accelerator? I have the 040/060 libs from the GVP install disc. My audio/video partitions are on a CF card connected to the 4060's SCSI-II bus. My SCSI-CF adaptor is a RaizinMonster from a guy in Japan.
Old 22 February 2016, 23:32   #8
gulliver
BoingBagged

Are you positively sure that you are not using any hack or patch in your system?

Has this problem occured with other MovieShop versions?
Old 22 February 2016, 23:53   #9
jaesonk

I pretty much use MovieShop5.2 on my DraCo for Amiga video. No problems here but it's a newer version on a completely different system.

I had all the pieces for setting up VLab-Motion on one of my older systems but the project always got shelved until recently when I got my A4000 motherboard refurbed by AmigaKit. I started from scratch with OS3.1.

I've tried MovieShop 4.3, 4.6, 4.8, and 4.9beta. I presently using MS4.8.
Old 23 February 2016, 00:18   #10
jaesonk

I have real ROMs. Not soft-kicking. Not loading ROM into FAST RAM (yet).

Patch-wise there's:

IDEfix
OxyPatcher (also tried Cyberpatcher)
HS Math Libs
SetPatch 43.6
PFS3
P96RTG
MagicWB
NewIcons

In WBStartup:
ClickToFront
NoClick
OxyPatcher
RexxMast
ToolsDaemon
VMInit (for Vlab-Motion Card)

The main drive is a CF card on the IDE bus with several PFS3 partitions.

MovieShop doesn't use AmigaDOS partitions, it reformats in a custom flavour. The MovieShop Audio & Video partitions are on a CF card on the 4060's SCSI-II bus.

I had some jumper settings issues in the beginning with the 4060 due to lack of and conflicting information. Got that worked out.

I tried some alternative 060 libraries that didn't work so well. I'm back using the originals from the GVP install disk. There's a newer version from GVP for the TekMagic 060 that I haven't tried yet.

I read about some issues with the GVP SCSI not reading RDB info or working with drives over 4GB. VLab-Motion is limited to 4GB too so that GVP limit isn't a concern.
Old 23 February 2016, 08:12   #11
gulliver
BoingBagged

I see...

Try temporarily disabling both ToolsDaemon and OxyPatcher (just move them from WBStartup) and see what happens.
Old 23 February 2016, 16:50   #12
jaesonk

I'll give it a try later today.

I have added & removed OxyPatcher previously. I also tried Cyberpatcher to see if things were any different.

I don't recall at which point I installed ToolsDaemon but I haven't gotten to setting up any custom menus yet, on the lower priority of my to-do list.

At the moment, I'm doing a test import of a 1920x1080 JPG stream to see how long it takes and how it turns out. MovieShop has various ways of handling sizes. I'm trying this import with the scale option. It's certainly faster to prep your images to match resolution elsewhere first then import but I'm experimenting with features.

CoolIO is a commodity that I use on the DraCo to allow it to import image formats not directly supported by MovieShop. As long as you have a datatype installed, you can use CoolIO to convert to IFF or JPG for MovieShop. I want to try this with MovieShop 4.x on the Amiga4000 at some point.
Old 23 February 2016, 21:55   #13
jaesonk

Corrupt stamp problem isolated!

The problem wasn't an external one but internal with MovieShop itself.

After looking closely at the bad stamps, it seemed like the lines were offset by a constant amount. Maybe MovieShop was expecting a specific fixed value and getting something different. If the first line comes up short, it fills the remainder with pixels from line two, and so on.

There are several "default" NTSC & PAL resolutions you can choose from in MovieShop. I was using one of the smaller default options. You can also make a custom size.

I started over with a new project at the maximum resolution (640x480). VLab-Motion uses square pixels, so this is essentially the same screen area as a 720x480 Amiga non-square pixel image. With this resolution setting, the stamps appear correctly. I attached a new grab of the scene list.

With each different screen resolution, you need to tweak the horizontal and vertical offset values in the Project Settings to get your video output centered correctly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Scene-List-Correct.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	47644  
Old 24 February 2016, 07:18   #14
gulliver
BoingBagged

I am happy that you finally solved it.

Anyway, Using CoolIO on MovieShop for importing images is a nice tip. I have used CoolIO myself to add flexibility to Deluxe Paint, but never applied this to MovieShop.
Old 24 February 2016, 15:15   #15
jaesonk

Just thinking that I've only used CoolIO for images but not tried it with sound datatypes for conversions with MovieShop. Something else for the to-do list.

Thanks for the help & suggestions. Even though it turned out to be a MovieShop quark, digging elsewhere gives me a better look at my overall system and I learn additional things along the way.