English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 04 October 2006, 09:11   #21
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley
Amigakit are good but since the buy-out (basically) of eyetech those manuals and guides from the eyetech webiste are gone. Like the IDE buffer tutorial.

Maybe Amigakit could host them? I found the IDE buffer one extremely handy when starting off..
I agree Smiley. Or if Matthew didnt want them on AmigaKit, perhaps he could allow them to be added to the EAB FAQ......?
Old 11 October 2006, 03:08   #22
boing_1000
A1000 Addict

Got a Competition Pro Joystick from amigakit and it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Love the way it came wrapped with the little red bow wrapped around it and everything. I can't get enough of this retro stuff haha.
Old 13 October 2006, 21:37   #23
Gavilan
Amiga user & abuser

Send a message via ICQ to Gavilan Send a message via MSN to Gavilan
Bought the total Amiga CD compilation plus a couple of hard to find cables & adapters
They took only 10 days to arrive to Argentina
What else can i say? awesome service!!!
Keep it up!!!
Old 13 October 2006, 23:52   #24
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by boing_1000
Got a Competition Pro Joystick from amigakit and it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Love the way it came wrapped with the little red bow wrapped around it and everything. I can't get enough of this retro stuff haha.
A little red bow wrapped around it !??????.... Hahahahaha... WOW .. thats very odd, but it makes you realise just how amazing Amigakit is!!..
Old 14 October 2006, 00:32   #25
boing_1000
A1000 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
A little red bow wrapped around it !??????.... Hahahahaha... WOW .. thats very odd, but it makes you realise just how amazing Amigakit is!!..
I heart amigakit.com.
Old 15 November 2006, 18:58   #26
Highwayman

Amigakit.com - Very Impressed

I needed a new floppy to replace the ailing one in the A1500. I placed an order on AMIGAKIT.COM, it was dispatched the same day and turned up at my place (well a card saying that it couldnt fit through the box! ) the very next day.

Great service and email updates, other vendors (not necessarily amiga ones) could learn a lot..
Old 16 November 2006, 14:29   #27
cosmiq

Highwayman: I've had some very pleasant experience with amigakit too. First of all : the delivery is very fast which is great.
Unfortunately I bought a modulator which didn't seem to work for some reason. So I sent it back and within a week or two a grand new device arrived, working and well. I was pleased the problem was solved very fast. So two thumbs up for amiga kit!!
Old 22 November 2006, 18:38   #28
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
The Catweasel mkIV seems to have disapeared from their site
Old 23 November 2006, 21:39   #29
CU_AMiGA
Banned

***CU_AMiGA Gets Ready To Piss All Over This Thread***

Hey Yo!

I have been hearing a lot of good stuff about AmigaKit, and indeed they have a vast array full of Amiga goods in their catalogue. They are very well presented and have a certain quality about them (i personally have bought stuff off them in the past). But when people say AmigaKit is "great!" and "awesome!" they are lowering the bar by 20 feet!

More recently their communication is slow and somewhat retarded to put it bluntly. People who have done busines with me in my for sale thread will guess i am a firm believer in good communication - which i have not got from AmigaKit of late. I have pestered them a few times reminding them i am their customer. I get replies saying they are busy on Friday and Mondays or whatever, but i reckon this is bullshit, they seem to have plenty of time advertising on forums and sites....... but not deal with their customer?!

I am not saying that AmigaKit are seriously retarded or anything, i am just saying they need to get their priorities straight, you know, at least reply to PMs or something rather than having to send 3 PMs in a row back to them badgering them to reply! Believe me, i am not having a personal pop at the goon/s running AmigaKit, i think he/she is doing a decent job at running that e-shop or whatever. It just irked me a little bit when i keep seeing these positive comments saying how great they were, etc when really they are not a patch of Eyetech or other old Amiga shops that have since ceased to exist.

Just my 2 pounds here guys, take it or leave it. I just thought i bring these nutters down a peg or two!

Regards,
Old 24 November 2006, 00:26   #30
cosmiq

c u, amiga!
Old 24 November 2006, 01:02   #31
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Heh

Got a reply, they must have seen this thread! Hopefully when this communication is sorted then they could service my Amiga, etc. I just know they would do a good quality of it. But in the meantime..... credit where credit's due.

Regards
Old 24 November 2006, 01:07   #32
Magno Boots
Zone Friend

I have found the service from Amigakit to be constantly polite and informative.

After placing a recent order online I received four emails detailing the progress of my goods, from 'order in stock' through to 'order despatched'.

The goods arrived the next day as promised.

I am very happy with the service provided.
Old 24 November 2006, 01:16   #33
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Yeah maybe i was a little harsh. I was just a little pissed i went days without a reply. But like the above said when they email you saying they sent it, it normally turns up in a day or two and superbly packaged. It is also good of them to email you saying they got your payment rather than saying bugger all like some people i have dealt with. It just pee'd me off when i had to keep badgering them when they said they were gonna look up some prices, and got no reply for a few days. Anyway, hopefully this can be resolved in a pro manner. I just want my beloved Amiga up and running soon, it hasn't been switched on for ages.... maybe it's getting to me! But luckily i have a Spectrum 128k lol

Regards

EDIT: It is worth noting i probs haven't been the best customer to deal with. You know, i have been adding items, etc to everything else and a little undecided at times.

Last edited by CU_AMiGA; 24 November 2006 at 01:27.
Old 24 November 2006, 03:10   #34
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Quote:
Magno Boots wrote:
I have found the service from Amigakit to be constantly polite and informative.

After placing a recent order online I received four emails detailing the progress of my goods, from 'order in stock' through to 'order despatched'.

The goods arrived the next day as promised.

I am very happy with the service provided.
Exactly! Well... all except the "next day" part. I'm in Canada so it took about 9 business days. Maybe it was in Canada after one day, but the next 8 days it was sitting around at Canada Customs while they decided how much to rip me off. The stupid Canada Customs people misread the clearly marked value and charged me more than twice the amount, then added an extra charge (for good luck).

@CU_AMiGA
Yes you were a bit harsh - stupidly harsh, you could say.

You contradicted yourself with statements like this:
"Believe me, i am not having a personal pop at the goon/s running AmigaKit, i think he/she is doing a decent job at running that e-shop or whatever....I just thought i bring these nutters down a peg or two!"

That's like someone saying to you "I don't mean to offend you but you're a retarded twit".

You do have a point about occasional PM response delays. Sometimes he is shockingly fast, sometimes he won't respond and you have to send another. Consider that the poor guy is probably checking hundreds of PMs on many different Amiga sites along with emails and actually running the business (and his life). You can understand the occasional delay or missed PM. Give the guy a break. If Amigakit decides not to bother anymore, who the hell is left to buy from?

Last edited by mr_a500; 24 November 2006 at 05:01.
Old 24 November 2006, 13:00   #35
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Hey Yo!

Well at the end of the day mr_a500 it is my opinion. I was harsh with those comments, and i may have been pee'd of at the time. But i am going to stand by them and not delete them. And as for the above quote i was really just referring to the other side of the coin really with all the eabers saying how great, etc AmigaKit are. I was just stating the truth, and making sure this thread wasn't heavily biased in favour of AmigaKit.

"You do have a point about occasional PM response delays. Sometimes he is shockingly fast, sometimes he won't respond and you have to send another. Consider that the poor guy is probably checking hundreds of PMs on many different Amiga sites along with emails and actually running the business (and his life)."

That would be true, but i have seen AmigaKit produce loads of advertisements on different websites. I just thought that surely there would be plenty of time to reply to a PM that would take 2 minutes at the most rather than produce threads, etc stating prices or offers.

"Give the guy a break. If Amigakit decides not to bother anymore, who the hell is left to buy from?"

Yeah you are right about that buddy! AmigaKit seem to be the only serious Amiga-related company that isn't hellbent on screwing you over (DCE take note). As for me, the problem has been sorted between me and AmigaKit. The ball is in my court you could say!

Regards,
Old 24 November 2006, 13:57   #36
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_a500
Give the guy a break. If Amigakit decides not to bother anymore, who the hell is left to buy from?
He takes money, and delivers goods. I don't care if he's the last human being alive, service comes first. His prices on a lot of stuff (stuff that you can buy from a local retailer) are very expensive so I would expect tip-top service for that money.

Being the only person in a certain market is no excuse for shoddy service.

However I've never ordered from him so I was responding to your point, not commenting of the level of service.
Old 24 November 2006, 14:32   #37
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Hey Yo!

His prices indeed vary. Some items are pretty cheap, and some are pretty expensive.... compared to other peoples/others from other shops/companies. TBH I think that if i didn't respond in kind in this thread i probably wouldn't of got a reply from AmigaKit, so i think it was the right thing to do. I am not saying his service is shoddy though, just saying he has to up his communication a bit.

Regards
Old 24 November 2006, 14:42   #38
CU_AMiGA
Banned

On the PM matter. He can't get "hundreds" of PM's. I mean the Amiga scene is not what it was. It probably isn't even 1% of the total computer market. And if the he/she was rushed with PM's, then why not bring someone else in to help out.

Regards
Old 24 November 2006, 20:59   #39
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_a500
Maybe it was in Canada after one day, but the next 8 days it was sitting around at Canada Customs while they decided how much to rip me off. The stupid Canada Customs people misread the clearly marked value and charged me more than twice the amount, then added an extra charge (for good luck).
...bit off topic but

Tell me about it mr_a500...

I ordered some FM Towns games from Japan, paid in full (delivery included)... They arrived in the UK and then I got hit with killer customs / import taxes plus had to pay £25 pounds for the courier to drop it off from the Customs depo after they had checked it out.

Bastards, all this "additional" costs since arriving in England were more than the 2 games were worth
Old 25 November 2006, 00:26   #40
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Ohhh an FM Towns, i fancied one of them machine.... or a Sharp x68000. How much did the FM Towns cost you altogether? I live in the UK so i am curious!