English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 20 September 2009, 19:56   #1
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Suggestions for a winuae.net refresh

I am aware the main interest of most people visiting Toni's site is to download the latest version of the emulator, but I think it could bear a few changes (which hopefully shouldn't need any major redesign), having in mind the major revamp the emu. itself went through lately, and its approaching release in shiny v2.

Concerning Bernd Roesch & Georg Veichtlbauer contributions :
  • A direct link to AfaOS
  • A direct link to the official online documentation
  • The inclusion of the official help file (offline version of the documentation in .chm format, interacts with the GUI ) in WinUAE (it's not even a .dll, come on )

Concerning WinUAE mirroring :
Concerning WinUAE GUI availability in other languages :
  • A link to tradu-france.com since this French team closely follows WinUAE dev. builds and were the first to propose a working translation for v2 beta 14
  • A link to amigaemuboard.net since they offer the German .dll to the latest stable version of WinUAE (could also be treated as a mirror for the binaries)

NOTES on tradu-france.com :
  • They don't offer the dll to download in a separate package, so I'll send a link to people asking for it (or for a translation for a previous version) only if PM'd
  • I wasn't aware of a French translation before dlfrsilver told me about it, thanks mate
  • They make translations and small improvements to other emulators, so if you can cope with French, it might be worth checking out their work

I suppose all this rehearsal is pretty obvious if you have been on EAB for ages, but not all WinUAE users are seasoned EAB members (in fact, I hope there are many more of them !) and a few may not read very well English or German.

Speaking about users whom native language is not English, it would be nice if winuaespanol.com could offer a winuae_spanish.dll either for the latest stable or for the latest beta in a more friendly fashion, as I assume about 350 million people speak Spanish worldwide .

I PM'd Freakyweakywoo about it, but I am not sure he's a mod on that site.

Last, a link page on a basic site such as winuae.net should miss quite a few hits, so I suggest the above mentioned link listing to figure on the front page (hey ! Why go for less ?)

Last edited by NewDeli; 21 September 2009 at 11:36.