English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 16 March 2019, 14:20   #1
xubidoo

extracting lha archive problems

not sure if this is the right section..

ok have downloaded some lha archives,games,apps etc ,and placed them in in shared dir so they show up in winuae ,then i extract to where i want them on my cf card, problem is when i extract any of them..

1.the folders/drawers are always hidden,how can i change this so they look the same as the existing folders?
2.the game or app rarely actually runs after extracting,usually pops up with various error messages.

i must be doing something wrong but no idea what lol , any tips on wat to do?

just after adding some of the stuff i had on my old cf card to the new 1 as the old was 16gb and the new is 8gb, but everything ive tried doesnt appear to run.

any help would be great. (yeah i know im useless )

Old 16 March 2019, 15:13   #2
daxb

For WB there is a menu point where you can show files without icons. Or use a file manager like DOpus.

You should give the exact error messages and what program/game do you start and how. Without nobody can help.
Old 16 March 2019, 22:01   #3
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by xubidoo View Post
[...] then i extract to where i want them on my cf card, problem is when i extract any of them..

1.the folders/drawers are always hidden,how can i change this so they look the same as the existing folders?
2.the game or app rarely actually runs after extracting,usually pops up with various error messages. [...]
Maybe this post may help you : http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=22

Regarding files attributes, you can read this thread from post #17 : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...63#post1237363
Old 21 March 2019, 23:24   #4
xubidoo

sorted it , as daxb suggested ,using the DOpus extract archive function,seems to work a treat