English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 15 October 2009, 23:31   #1
cybermat
GoalScoringSuperstarHero

Force WHDLOAD game with a particular setting

Hello,

i tried to start a WHDLOAD game always with Chipset--->Options---->IMMEDIATE BLITTER set to True

I saved the WHDLOAD.uae file, but this file seems to not be affected. When i restart the game the WHDLOAD.uae has still the value to "False"

Is it possible to start a WHDLOAD game always with the favourite settings? I was able to force the display settings overwriting the WHDLOAD.uae file, but with some settings is not possible, such as Chipset ---> options.

Any idea?

I know that for every game there are a lot of GEMUS keys values, but these seem to be working JUST with GameBase Amiga.uae configuration file.

In my case i would like to run the WHDLOAD version of SWOS 96-97 with AGA settings, to do this i need IMMEDIATE BLITTER set to TRUE otherwise i can't play CAREER MODE and WORLD CUP competition.

Last edited by cybermat; 16 October 2009 at 00:08.
Old 16 October 2009, 00:50   #2
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

The GEMUS value assignments for extras (such as WHDLoad) are somewhat hidden in GameBase. Right click the game you want to modify and select "Extras...". In the dialog that opens, double click the "WHDLoad" entry. There will be a section "GEMUS Fields" and the "Edit..." button will let you change the value assignments for WHDLoad for that game.

If you want GameBase to never set a specific value and instead always use the one set in WHDLoad.uae (which might be a bad idea, because they might just've been set for a reason in most cases ), you have to edit the GEMUS script. Select the script you use from the GEMUS menu and find the part starting with "If VersionComment CONTAINS(WHD)". Then simply remove the Set_CFG_* line that applies to the config value you don't want set.

Hope this helps.
Old 16 October 2009, 19:00   #3
cybermat
GoalScoringSuperstarHero

HELPED A LOT!

Thanks so much! I struggled yesterday to find a way! It's very hidden, but not that i found i will edit as fields as possible! lol

Yeah you're right, it's a bad idea avoiding the CFG to be set with the suggested settings, but sometimes IMMEDIATE BLITTER to TRUE is the only way to play some games with A1200 settings without receiving any error.

Thanks again