English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 September 2016, 12:53   #161
vagrant

It's crashing at launch
Attached Files
File Type: dmp winuae_3.4.0_b4_2016.09.04_18.51.08.dmp (84.4 KB, 95 views)
Old 04 September 2016, 13:31   #162
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Does it work now? (if not, attach new dump file)

EDIT: Now. Previous upload was wrong..

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 04 September 2016 at 13:38.
Old 04 September 2016, 15:21   #163
vagrant

It no longer crashes
Ok so low latency has improved a lot, I thought the issues were completely gone at first - however the screen tearing still happens after some time.
There are no more audible problems with sound at all, it is always flawless.
My test case is 'Basso Continuo' musicdisk by Fury, as it has a nice big title that is always scrolling at the top of the screen
I've tried sound buffer from 1 through to 5 and screen tearing always starts after running for about 6 minutes.
Opening & closing the gui temporarily fixes it.
Old 04 September 2016, 16:51   #164
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Does tearing also go away (temporarily) if you wait long enough?
Old 04 September 2016, 17:43   #165
vagrant

Yes! Tearing goes away after about 2-3 minutes, then returns again after 6 minutes and repeats in this fashion
Old 05 September 2016, 18:51   #166
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-209 View Post
Yes! Tearing goes away after about 2-3 minutes, then returns again after 6 minutes and repeats in this fashion
Next attempt. winuae.7z updated.
Old 06 September 2016, 09:00   #167
vagrant

I will continue testing, but looks like it is fixed
Basso Continuo ran for over 30mins with no tearing & lowest sound buffer.
Fastest possible & JIT mode is flawless to
Old 06 September 2016, 09:33   #168
mark_k

There seems to be something strange, maybe related to WASAPI pull mode because it doesn't happen when I set sound to DirectSound or disabled but emulated. Happens with 3.4.0 b1/2/3/4, not with 3.3.0. This is on Windows 10 1511 x86-64.

Load the attached config (basically a cycle-accurate A500-like config) and start emulation (needs a demo, I tested with "DOC-OnlyTheBest").

Emulation speed is normal at the initial Kickstart white screen, but as soon as the CLI window appears the speed jumps; WinUAE CPU% indicator is pegged to 100% and FPS about 150-200 on my laptop. It remains like that while the demo loads and decrunches, but as soon as the demo starts emulation speed returns to normal.
Attached Files
File Type: uae Stange_problem.uae (11.4 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by mark_k; 06 September 2016 at 09:53.
Old 06 September 2016, 09:38   #169
mark_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
- Event ("pull") mode audio support added, currently only supported by WASAPI (Vista or later only). Lower sound latency, no need for extra sound sync adjustments and also should be more stable.
- SND% is hidden in pull mode, status is not that simple to calculate.
If you start emulation with DirectSound audio then change to WASAPI, the previous SND% value remains displayed in the status bar.
Old 06 September 2016, 10:34   #170
zyonee

Hi, Toni. I'm usually using the latest beta and I seem to be experiencing some kind of issue. I'm currently using it for testing the images when backing up a pile of Amiga disks. Sometimes I copy several disks before testing, so WinUAE is resting in the config screen after having cleared the floppy drives and clicked "Restart". As far as I understand, there should be no emulation going on at that point and any memory used for it should have been freed.

But if I leave it like that for maybe 10 minutes, it'll crash with some standard Windows error message about the application having stopped working. This is happening quite consistently.

How do I go about generating a report of what you need to investigate this issue?
Old 06 September 2016, 10:56   #171
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
Emulation speed is normal at the initial Kickstart white screen, but as soon as the CLI window appears the speed jumps; WinUAE CPU% indicator is pegged to 100% and FPS about 150-200 on my laptop. It remains like that while the demo loads and decrunches, but as soon as the demo starts emulation speed returns to normal.
It probably is caused by sound autoswitch not using correct timing source when sound is temporarily switched off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyonee View Post
Hi, Toni. I'm usually using the latest beta and I seem to be experiencing some kind of issue. I'm currently using it for testing the images when backing up a pile of Amiga disks. Sometimes I copy several disks before testing, so WinUAE is resting in the config screen after having cleared the floppy drives and clicked "Restart". As far as I understand, there should be no emulation going on at that point and any memory used for it should have been freed.

But if I leave it like that for maybe 10 minutes, it'll crash with some standard Windows error message about the application having stopped working. This is happening quite consistently.

How do I go about generating a report of what you need to investigate this issue?
It should create crash dump file, attach/email it, thanks.

GUI open state is not totally stopped state, for example it still listens for input device/HD removals/insertions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-209 View Post
I will continue testing, but looks like it is fixed
Basso Continuo ran for over 30mins with no tearing & lowest sound buffer.
Fastest possible & JIT mode is flawless to
Great!
Old 07 September 2016, 16:27   #172
vagrant

Hey Toni, native modes are still working great but I notice tonight that sound is unstable in RTG mode, using wasapi. There is constant clicks/pops unless sound buffer is set to at least 7.. I notice this when playing some mods in delitracker & eagleplayer.
Directsound is working no problem.
It makes no difference what vsync mode or display buffer is set.
Old 07 September 2016, 17:48   #173
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

The new beta broke my A4000/40 emulation. I haven't fooled around with the options yet to find out what's causing the crashes, though. I can post a dump file if it helps.

Also, on OCS/ECS emulation, I notice that in some games (B.C. Kid, The Blues Brothers, etc) there is a strange woobling of the screen when there's vertical scroll. I don't know if it's something exclusive to this beta, 'cos I've only noticed it now. I also don't know if it's something wrong with WinUAE per se or my config but it didn't use to do this (and my config has remained unchanged for quite some time, now... in the years span).

Thanks.
Old 07 September 2016, 20:01   #174
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortuguesePilot View Post
The new beta broke my A4000/40 emulation. I haven't fooled around with the options yet to find out what's causing the crashes, though. I can post a dump file if it helps.
Config, logs and dump file. (or dump file created from session that has logging enabled, dump will then include both logs automatically)

Quote:
Also, on OCS/ECS emulation, I notice that in some games (B.C. Kid, The Blues Brothers, etc) there is a strange woobling of the screen when there's vertical scroll. I don't know if it's something exclusive to this beta, 'cos I've only noticed it now. I also don't know if it's something wrong with WinUAE per se or my config but it didn't use to do this (and my config has remained unchanged for quite some time, now... in the years span).
At least config file required. (and if it has low latency vsync enabled, test above winuae.7z link first)
Old 07 September 2016, 21:18   #175
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Quote:
Config, logs and dump file. (or dump file created from session that has logging enabled, dump will then include both logs automatically)
The attached 7z file has both configurations (A4000/40 and the Default A500) plus a dump file. Dunno if logging is enabled (sorry).

Quote:
At least config file required. (and if it has low latency vsync enabled, test above winuae.7z link first)
Tested the new winuae.7z. On my A4000/40, it now freezes with a blue screen and all floppy drives lit. No longer crashes to form a dump file. The new winuae.exe file has no influence on the wobbling I mentioned before, regardless of whatever vsync option I use.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z PortuguesePilot.7z (19.5 KB, 70 views)
Old 07 September 2016, 21:48   #176
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
The attached 7z file has both configurations (A4000/40 and the Default A500) plus a dump file. Dunno if logging is enabled (sorry).
Log was not included but it isn't needed. I found two problems, one is a bug, another is just slightly different behavior and most likely causing out of memory situation.

Attach log from 3.3.0 when using your A4000 config. I need to know what 3.3.0 decided to do in this case (It may not do the same on my PC). Load config, click GUI "Paths", tick logging checkbox, start emulation, boot to WB, open Paths panel again, check log path, winuaelog.txt (NOT winuaebootlog.txt), attach log.
Old 08 September 2016, 01:41   #177
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

I hope this is it. Used 3.3.0 with my non-changed A4000/40 (used for AmigaSys) config. Worked well with 3.3.0, doesn't with 3.4.0 beta.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (28.7 KB, 97 views)
Old 08 September 2016, 15:27   #178
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

You could please try the SPS disks of Aladdin, Toni? With the latest few betas (also tried the one from yesterday) the game runs in app. 40fps (ingame!!) with Low Latency Vsync enabled. Other AGA games i've tested are fine so far.
Old 08 September 2016, 15:37   #179
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I hope this is it. Used 3.3.0 with my non-changed A4000/40 (used for AmigaSys) config. Worked well with 3.3.0, doesn't with 3.4.0 beta.
Log was fine. I guessed right, this will be fixed in next beta. (But just wondering why your config has 256K of Z2 RAM configured)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
You could please try the SPS disks of Aladdin, Toni? With the latest few betas (also tried the one from yesterday) the game runs in app. 40fps (ingame!!) with Low Latency Vsync enabled. Other AGA games i've tested are fine so far.
"Works for me" as expected. (Loaded old Aladdin statefile and switched to low latency vsync). "Not enough information". Statefile and config is minimum requirements.
Old 08 September 2016, 15:50   #180
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Config is A1200 quickstart of course. I will post a save state later.