English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 August 2011, 13:41   #1
parasol

quicksavestate - mulitple default.uss

Hello!

Im using a Frontend to launch multiplie gamesname.uae via commandline. I would like to have a seamless savestate integration, therefore I mapped quick save and quickrestore to my controller buttons.
Unfortenately all quicksaves are saved into the winuae/savestates/default.uss
savestatefile. The result is everytime I launch a game and press the quicksave button on my controlle the default.uss gets overwritten.

Anyone maybe has an idea how to use different quicksave files for mutliple games?

regards

Last edited by parasol; 22 August 2011 at 02:35.

Old 23 August 2011, 15:59   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Do you mean you would like to have configuration file entry that can be used to override default savestate file name (default.uss)?
Old 23 August 2011, 21:10   #3
parasol

Im not sure if I get u right but if winuae would name it's quicksave/load uss files depending on the loaded config (instead of default.uss) my problem would be non-existent.
So yes if I could specify (not load immediately!) the default savestate file name (or the default statefile paths) in the config, my problem would be solved.
However I can't get WinUAE-Gui to save my custom state file path in any config.

Old 26 August 2011, 19:56   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Unfortunately it isn't possible to use config file name by default, it is already defined that default statefile name is "default.uss" and it would break current statefile shortcuts.
Old 26 August 2011, 20:08   #5
parasol

hm ok, I also guess that override default savestate file name or defautl savestate path is not possible??!

Old 26 August 2011, 20:32   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I can add configuration file entry that can be used to change default statefile name. (something like "statefile_name=blah")
Old 26 August 2011, 20:34   #7
BippyM

What about a feature that gives the savestate name the same as the adf/imagefile and that is used if the corresponding adf/imagefile is used?? (naturally both must be in the same folder)

This could be overwritten option
Old 26 August 2011, 20:51   #8
parasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I can add configuration file entry that can be used to change default statefile name. (something like "statefile_name=blah")

That would be great!