And also

Cursed Castilla_EX

Nice retro indie games
Old 26 September 2017, 03:30   #482
Fissuras
Old Luny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Seems only Fiss on my list know that handshake... nobody else.

Interesting game, wonder how long before gets too complicated...
How did I miss this post? I know no secret handshake, l only press that "buy" button.
Old 26 September 2017, 03:36   #483
Fissuras
Old Luny

Promethium

It is too cheap to pass by, an Uridium-like game.

Promethium

Click image for larger version

Name:	pro1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	54757
Old 08 October 2017, 04:17   #484
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Vaporum. Dungeon Master style game similar to the Legend of Grimrock games: http://store.steampowered.com/app/629690/Vaporum/
Old 09 October 2017, 23:16   #485
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Vaporum. Dungeon Master style game similar to the Legend of Grimrock games: http://store.steampowered.com/app/629690/Vaporum/
Yes it looks really nice!

Hob also looks really cool as a puzzle platformer and hack&slash crossover, made by the friendly chaps at Runic responsible for Torchlight 1 & 2.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404680/Hob/

Too much good stuff coming out lately.
Old 11 October 2017, 09:49   #486
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Yes it looks really nice!
Bought it, and it's been great so far. Keep in mind that it's not party based, but a single character, and that there's sadly no level editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Hob also looks really cool as a puzzle platformer and hack&slash crossover, made by the friendly chaps at Runic responsible for Torchlight 1 & 2.

Too much good stuff coming out lately.
Yeah, and I'm not rich
Old 10 December 2017, 19:06   #487
adam301173

Andromeda Wing

Hi all,

If you liked Xenon II on the Amiga then you might want to give my game, Andromeda Wing a go. It's a retro arcade, shoot 'em up with bitmap-esque gfx, it took me 2 years to develop and all coding was done in C++ and gfx created using 3DS Max / Paint / Photoshop.

Here is the Steam store page link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/69...ndromeda_Wing/

Here are a couple of Youtube videos of the game also:
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

I hope you like it!

Adam

Old 22 December 2017, 00:13   #488
Cpt. Hindsight

I just bought Andromeda Wing.

It's a nice tribute to Xenon II. Well executed and unlike the famous game by the Bitmap Brothers, it's running with a decent framerate.

Well done, Adam.
Old 23 November 2018, 15:32   #489
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I've been playing a little of the Painscreek Killings. Its an okay detective game, but it has you running around in a derelict town so it is a bit of a lonely gaming experience. Basically you can detective it up in it, trying to figure out a murder case. This means lots of reading, lots of key and code hunting, finding secret passages, some puzzle solving and a bit of educated guesswork. All in the usual indie first person style; flashlight, zoom function, you can run, crouch and activate things and that's about it. As said the town is empty, so no NPCs to interview.

Its an indie title with quirks though, unlocking doors for example has to be the most painful way it has ever been implemented in a game. Point cursor at (tiny) lock, open inventory, use the key you think opens the lock. It is very old fashioned Silent Hill-ish but even in Silent Hill you only had to be near a lock, you didn't have to point a cursor at it. It gets worse because this game likes to flip problems around. Rather than having trouble finding keys for locked doors, in this game you have trouble finding locked doors belonging to keys, given that the game likes to hardly label the keys. And boy, does it like throwing keys and key codes at you. And far more doors than you will ever need to open. Usually where you find a key there is a clue what that key might open, but if it is for example a house key you will usually have to figure out the person's name first and then find an address to go along with that name.

Pro tip: the doors you're supposed to be able to unlock say "enter" when hovering over them, the doors that are pointless read "open".

And then the thing I don't understand at all: the game gives you a camera to take pictures with. A really useful feature, more games should have that. But it gives you no tool to make notes, you have to do that with a real pen and paper or do so on a different device. And notes you will have to make because there is no way you're going to memorise all the information the game throws at you. You walk around in a small town with a lot of history, and very intertwined relationships between the different inhabitants that are at the heart of solving the murder case.

I like it, but I don't like that I have to basically sit myself down and give myself a lecture about why I should like this.
Old 29 November 2018, 13:11   #490
BarryB
Amigaholic

Steam had this in the sale, £4.49 was no too bad so 'indulged'! I do like the 'on your own' type gameplay but it does get tedious walking/sprinting about trying to figure stuff out.

Currently have unlocked many doors in the mansion, a few in the hospital, some doors in the village and broke into a few cars but now stuck on a puzzle about the dart board and a locked desk, it doesn't make sense to me so stumped at the moment but we'll get there. The camera is useful for capturing stuff written on items and other things that are not documented in your journal, haven't had to make any notes to progress so far as everything you can document or is documented for you, the only exception is some 'answer phone' messages if you can't remember what's been said.

From reading the reviews on steam it's mostly positive but some negative reviews slate the ending as it's totally out of whack with the gameplay and makes it a big let down, so we'll see when we get there!

Overall I like it, it's 'different' to the normal open world stuff, but the slowness of the game won't appeal to many as it's not an 'action' game so anyone under 30-35 probably won't be able to cope with having to think
Old 30 November 2018, 02:08   #491
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Steam had this in the sale, £4.49 was no too bad so 'indulged'! I do like the 'on your own' type gameplay but it does get tedious walking/sprinting about trying to figure stuff out.

Currently have unlocked many doors in the mansion, a few in the hospital, some doors in the village and broke into a few cars but now stuck on a puzzle about the dart board and a locked desk, it doesn't make sense to me so stumped at the moment but we'll get there. The camera is useful for capturing stuff written on items and other things that are not documented in your journal, haven't had to make any notes to progress so far as everything you can document or is documented for you, the only exception is some 'answer phone' messages if you can't remember what's been said.

From reading the reviews on steam it's mostly positive but some negative reviews slate the ending as it's totally out of whack with the gameplay and makes it a big let down, so we'll see when we get there!

Overall I like it, it's 'different' to the normal open world stuff, but the slowness of the game won't appeal to many as it's not an 'action' game so anyone under 30-35 probably won't be able to cope with having to think
Barry, am I missing the link to the game ?

Just wanna see which one it is
Old 30 November 2018, 03:19   #492
BarryB
Amigaholic

It was this one that gimbal linked to: https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...reek_Killings/

It's back up to £14.99 now after the sale ended!
Old 30 November 2018, 04:39   #493
jmmijo

Quote:
It was this one that gimbal linked to: https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...reek_Killings/

It's back up to £14.99 now after the sale ended!
Thanks Barry for pointing it out, I guess I needed a Clue Bat
Old 30 November 2018, 10:03   #494
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Checkout Return of the Obra Dinn if you want a "detective solving crime" type game.
The guy behind that "dystopian document thriller" game made it...
Old 30 November 2018, 12:46   #495
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
Checkout Return of the Obra Dinn if you want a "detective solving crime" type game.
The guy behind that "dystopian document thriller" game made it...
yessssssss, I need this game in my life. Too bad these detective games are always so short, couple of hours and you're through with little reason to replay them.
Old 02 December 2018, 01:25   #496
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo View Post
Thanks Barry for pointing it out, I guess I needed a Clue Bat
I'd give Detective games a miss if you needed that big of a clue
Old 02 December 2018, 01:45   #497
jmmijo

Quote:
I'd give Detective games a miss if you needed that big of a clue
Indeed, but I'm a collector so I'm always looking to fill out my Steam Library too
Old 03 December 2018, 20:22   #498
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Indeed, but I'm a collector so I'm always looking to fill out my Steam Library too
Pah! What's a 'virtual' collection even worth

Just finished The Room Three, nice graphics and you have 4 endings to find, but it's another puzzle/thinking game that won't appeal to the 'no brain shooter' crowd
Old 04 December 2018, 03:37   #499
jmmijo

Quote:
Pah! What's a 'virtual' collection even worth

Just finished The Room Three, nice graphics and you have 4 endings to find, but it's another puzzle/thinking game that won't appeal to the 'no brain shooter' crowd
It's worth whatever I think it's worth
Old 04 December 2018, 10:34   #500
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
It's worth whatever I think it's worth
It just isn't fun if you can't throw it on a pile and pretend to swim in it.