Zone Friend

"Unlimited money" cheat should be on.
Old 22 January 2011, 22:27   #162
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magno Boots View Post
GemX

I thought this was going to be like Sega's Columns.. gave it five minutes, couldn't understand it, so floppy renamed to 'empty' and used elsewhere!
Oh man, that's a shame. Gem'X is one of the most brilliant games I ever played.

Also find funny how many people complain about Feud. It tooks me ages to understand it too (I played the MSX version though, I didn't even know it had an Amiga version). The game sucked anyway, it's veeeeery boring. And it's piss hard even if you know what you're doing.

One game I never understood how to play properly was Exile. People always says how the game is awesome, but all I did was fly around the planet aimless, pickup some stuff I had no idea how to use, and that was about it.

Vampire's Empire I also played on the MSX version and I never knew what to do either, I just walked without a clue. It never seemed to be a good game anyway

Hired Guns and Frontier are 2 games that also deserve to be learned, as both games are extremely awesome
Old 23 January 2011, 21:34   #163
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
"Unlimited money" cheat should be on.
my wife should push the system till freeze still with that, though
Old 24 January 2011, 04:43   #164
JohnnyWalker
aka ThunderPeel2001

If we're including Speccy games...

Gift from the Gods
Cosmic Wartoad

Both of which I got WITH my Speccy when it was bought new. Those games were unpleasantly insane!
Old 27 January 2011, 17:19   #165
Konrad

Onslaugt. Doesn't seem too crappy. My brother had the original game, but I couldn't be bothered to read the manual, which later went to the trash.

Can someone explain the game to me or provide me with a manual scan ?
Old 28 January 2011, 07:38   #166
StrategyGamer
Total Chaos AGA is fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Hired Guns and Frontier are 2 games that also deserve to be learned, as both games are extremely awesome
+1

I also could never figure out Vampire's Empire. It had such great graphics for that time period but I never knew what to do or how to win.
Old 28 January 2011, 20:39   #167
rmcin329
NOOB

Send a message via ICQ to rmcin329 Send a message via AIM to rmcin329 Send a message via Yahoo to rmcin329
ah, this topic brings back memories. The immortal in particular. Cool as hell looking game, but i always die in combat on the first or 2nd fight. I can understand the general concept of how it works, i just never managed to get the timing down. Beast lord also comes to mind. In fact i still can't figure it out. Tried using a walkthrough and still run into problems.

Last edited by rmcin329; 28 January 2011 at 20:45.
Old 29 January 2011, 01:03   #168
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Curse of Enchantia. I mean I know how to play an adventure game, but whoever designed those puzzles is weirder than I am.
Old 29 January 2011, 03:38   #169
rmcin329
NOOB

Send a message via ICQ to rmcin329 Send a message via AIM to rmcin329 Send a message via Yahoo to rmcin329
another one i forgot in my last post is Ambermoon.
Old 29 January 2011, 11:40   #170
gilgamesh
Linux snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
another one i forgot in my last post is Ambermoon.
What's the problem?
Old 29 January 2011, 13:00   #171
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Curse of Enchantia. I mean I know how to play an adventure game, but whoever designed those puzzles is weirder than I am.
Yes, I know what you mean, but a great game though.
Old 29 January 2011, 23:15   #172
Raid27
I have a joystick

"Games you never understood to play (the right way)"

Heck this is easy! Flight Simulator 2. My very kind and generous Aunt bought me this game in around 1990 or 91 (cant remember which).
That was too advanced for a 11 year old who barely read English. (I'm Swedish)
Old 12 February 2011, 01:06   #173
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Yes, I know what you mean, but a great game though.
"Great" is quite an exaggeration, I think, but I thought it was a fun little adventure, despite the clumsy interface and, as mentioned, odd puzzles.
Old 12 February 2011, 01:51   #174
Mick

Any RTS game for me, I enjoy the base building side of it so much that I usually neglect to build any type of army, the AI is always more than happy to keep attacking the same heavily defended positions.
Old 21 February 2011, 22:04   #175
Lurch666

I remember moonstone when I first had an amiga.Start game,go to a location DIE,Rinse and repeat,give up.

Now I have an amiga again a friend told me how much he enjoyed the game so I fired it up and he showed me that the enemys can be defeated if you know the trick for each of them.Now it's making sense and I can see why people enjoy it.
Old 22 February 2011, 13:52   #176
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

he good one Moonstone had me punching a hole in the wall. Mostly because I started playing it too late; when I was between 7-12 I had the patience to just try and try again until I had figured it out - it was more an "I have to prove myself to the adults" kind of thing; starting from age 13 I couldn't care less about impressing someone and thus I lost the patience to hammer things out
Old 09 December 2011, 23:32   #177
ufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
I still have no idea how to get out of the graveyard on Nightbreed: The Interactive Movie.
I would say (though only a personal feeling) that it's extremely difficult.

Through frustration and trying (and wanting to progress further) though, I did manage it, only once or twice.

You have to wiggle the joystick furiously from side to side while pressing fire continuously to get away from Peloquin. I think maybe the space bar or enter key also helped?

Some said that if you had a Quickshot joystick and set it to Autofire it worked better - I had a few different types of Quickshot but personally I didn't find them any good for this - I had more success with a simple Competition Pro.

When you get past Peloquin, you go out into the graveyard and meet Dr. Decker. You then have to dodge his knife throwing (which is tricky enough in itself) after which you get shot by the police and taken to the morgue.

You escape from the Morgue and go back to Midian, where the game then changes into a sort of RPG adventure type thing and you explore the underground tunnels. I spent hours exploring but after nearly a whole day had to eventually give up as couldn't progress any further.

I think this is the level before the end as well, but I couldn't get any further - and what a Pain the in *** game - you couldn't even save!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze View Post
Perihelion - as both a cyberpunk and RPG fan, I really really wanted to get into this game, but couldn't figure out how to get into the first battle even I still dig this game, but I need to spare some time to find/read some manuals which I really can't atm
I really loved the atmosphere and everything in this game. It was quite slow to get into and I quickly realised you needed to dedicate some time to getting anywhere in it - but even now I'd say it's worth a go.

Reminds me a little of Dune and Dune II, only different, but also better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Flip-it & Magnose http://hol.abime.net/580 Confusing me even today.
lol I thought no-one else had this game at the time, it was an odd one though. I enjoyed playing it even though I hadn't half a clue what was going on!

Last edited by prowler; 09 December 2011 at 23:38. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use multi-quote.
Old 24 December 2011, 15:31   #178
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

"Games you never understood to play" Mmmm...Plenty of these, first few that spring to mind are the settlers and Perihelion..perhaps the lack of game manuals with pirated games didn`t help. Still thanks to sites like this and emulation i`m enjoying a new renascence in Amiga gaming
Old 27 December 2011, 16:14   #179
s2325
Zone Friend

Another one is Pipeline (1989)(Brown, R.) It's arcade game so it should be easy to understand rules but what should I do to complete level?

Old 28 December 2011, 13:31   #180
roy bates

perihelion,god i really dont know what to do on this one,at least it looks and sounds good.