English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 22 October 2005, 04:12   #1
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow RISK! (racing game - germans please read)

This is a stab in the dark, but maybe someone even happens to have the ORIGINAL (strongly preferred!!).

What I have here is one of the poorest excuses for a crack I've ever seen (done by my "special" friend Shit .. ehm Shut Berlin) which is exclusively for KS 1.2/33.180. Hooray!
BTW, all SB has ever released is ONLY for KS 1.2/33.180, as he probably only had this machine and usually "cracked" games by simply freezing them with his AR. What a smart way of "releasing" "cracks" ...

Yes, you may say I'm writing about this in a fairly insulting way, but the problem is that this also wastes MY time...after 6 'Software error - task held"s on WinUAE, I had to transfer it to my miggy, tried with and without RAM expansion, and finally found the (one and only!) right KS and could play the game (or better: the remains of it!)
Then the next fuck-up came in sight: you cannot save highscores at all!
You get a blatant "PLEASE REMOVE WRITE-PROTECTION" on-screen, but my disk WAS write-enabled on my miggy - yes I swear!
What is the actual insult then? What else than this "release"!

--

What I need is a playable, complete version of this game, which can comply with HOL standards. This one cannot, sorry.
Another question: might this game be taken off a magazine or so?
The unpacked 'risk' file reveals: (c) Friction - Professional Software Development.

The "crack" is in the zone, and if you happen to remember the game, here's a screenshot too:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	riskunknown_01.png
Views:	104
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	9558  

Last edited by andreas; 22 October 2005 at 04:17.
AdSense AdSense  
Advertisement:
AdSense AdSense  
Advertisement: