English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 02 February 2019, 02:20   #1
ridbensdale
Cobra Mk III Owner

Reunion HDF Not Booting

Hi,

Forgive this probably silly question, but I can't seem to get the above to load. I start it through the AF launcher, and it just loads a Shell prompt.

I've checked the configuration, and it says it's bootable. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Much thanks in advance.
Old 02 February 2019, 15:32   #2
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

The hdf isn't bootable. You can make it bootable by booting from 3.1 work bench disk.
Once booted to Work bench you then open a shell window and type:
Copy df0: dh0: all clone. (I'm assuming the Hd is DH0:)

Remove the workbench disk and reboot. When the Hd has booted to Work bench open the drive and you should find a dir named Reunion.
Open the drawer and there should be 2 icons. Intro and main. Click on main to run the game.
Old 02 February 2019, 16:52   #3
DamienD
Banned

You could also try the bare-bones .HDF that I created: Reunion AGA HDF.rar
Old 03 February 2019, 06:18   #4
Hewitson

With all due respect to the OP, I just can not understand why people make things difficult for themselves by doing things like using individual HDF files (and even configurations!) for each game.

Why wouldn't you just install WB and have all your games on a "Games" partition like on a real Amiga. So much simpler and easier.
Old 03 February 2019, 16:23   #5
ridbensdale
Cobra Mk III Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
With all due respect to the OP, I just can not understand why people make things difficult for themselves by doing things like using individual HDF files (and even configurations!) for each game.

Why wouldn't you just install WB and have all your games on a "Games" partition like on a real Amiga. So much simpler and easier.
I agree. My Dad always said I like to make things difficult for myself. I'm just getting back into the Amiga scene after quite a long hiatus.

Thank you all for your help too
Old 04 February 2019, 00:47   #6
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post

Well, I could give you many reasons:
  • What you say is really only the case when using WHDLoad... there are many games not included there and which won't run on an emulated OCS / ECS Amiga; or on an AGA Amiga but without killer amounts of RAM... Yes, you can install native but sometime different "Libs" etc. are needed, not to mention Amiga CPU / KS / RAM settings. How do you do this with a "one case fits all scenario"? It's impossible.
  • With emulation via WinUAE; thanks to Toni's "Boxart panel"; with individual configurations I get title / screenshots instead of just lists or game launchers with mediocre / reduced quality images.
  • Updating one massive .HDF can be tedious; I much prefer updating just one game / configuration / .ADF / .HDF etc. when needed. Yes it's a lot of work initially but afterwards there are many benefits.
Anyway, you do what you think is best and others will do the same...
Old 04 February 2019, 02:43   #7
Saghalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridbensdale View Post
Hi,

Forgive this probably silly question, but I can't seem to get the above to load. I
start it through the AF launcher, and it just loads a Shell prompt.

I've checked the configuration, and it says it's bootable. Any ideas what I'm
doing wrong? Much thanks in advance.
Do you have other hard drives attached as well? If so, then either get rid of them or mark them as non-bootable.
Also if you're booting from a different HDF then make sure the new one you attached is not bootable.

This is usually the case whenever it happens to me.

Hope this helps!