English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 12 January 2014, 17:22   #1
Rogue

Joystick and kickstart issues

I have a competition pro, too, which basically works fine except that in the old days, I always used joysticks left handed. Don't ask me why, since I am actually right handed, but it's a habit that's stuck. Is there a way to remap the controls to recognise the right hand fire button instead of the left as default?
Old 12 January 2014, 17:36   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

In USB version all buttons are as 1 so there is no need to remap.
Old 12 January 2014, 19:13   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I have a competition pro, too, which basically works fine except that in the old days, I always used joysticks left handed. Don't ask me why, since I am actually right handed, but it's a habit that's stuck. Is there a way to remap the controls to recognise the right hand fire button instead of the left as default?
Hi, you can open the joystick mapping tool in FS-UAE Launcher settings. Even though the mapping tool is "optimized" for gamepads, just assign the stick directions to either the left gamepad stick or the dpad - and the button you want to use for fire as "south_button". You can add the secondary fire button as "west_button" and it will be used as 2nd fire for games which support it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
In USB version all buttons are as 1 so there is no need to remap.
The Speed-Link Competition Pro USB is recognized with 4 buttons (but if there isn't a user-supplied or built-in config for it, all joystick buttons will indeed be mapped to fire by FS-UAE).
Old 12 January 2014, 21:14   #4
Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Hi, you can open the joystick mapping tool in FS-UAE Launcher settings. Even though the mapping tool is "optimized" for gamepads, just assign the stick directions to either the left gamepad stick or the dpad - and the button you want to use for fire as "south_button". You can add the secondary fire button as "west_button" and it will be used as 2nd fire for games which support it!
OK, could you please assume I'm a complete n00b and explain a bit more step by step? Because I have no idea what that means. So I double click on Amiga Forever Plus, the window opens up and then I...what?

Thanks
Old 12 January 2014, 21:17   #5
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Oh, I think you are basically in the wrong support forum then. This is the support forum for FS-UAE (And my answer is only valid for FS-UAE)

I don't know how you remap buttons in Amiga Forever, but there is a dedicated support forum for Amiga Forever.
Old 18 January 2014, 11:59   #6
Rogue

Complete n00b

Oh, they're different things! Blimey, I miss the old Amiga days...I actually knew what I was talking about back then! Thanks for the link.
Old 18 January 2014, 12:01   #7
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

No problem, but you are welcome to use FS-UAE as well

FS-UAE will also automatically detected the kickstart ROMs from your Amiga Forever install, and with FS-UAE at least, I know you can set up your Competition Pro the way you want (Though i assume this is possible with Amiga Forever too).
Old 19 January 2014, 20:02   #8
Rogue

Diskfiles not compatible

Interesting you should say that, because I've tried accessing Amiga Forever diskfiles from UAE and all I get is: Diskfiles in DF0: is not compatible with Kickstart replacement.`
Old 19 January 2014, 20:58   #9
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Once again I think you are talking about an emulator which is not FS-UAE... - If you try the disk files in FS-UAE and still have problems, I can help, but if not, this is still not the place for non-FS-UAE-related problems...