English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 01 February 2013, 23:40   #1
alienbreed13

Question KX Light AF Installation Boot Problem (USB)

Hi, apologies for my first post on the forum being a problem and its probably a bit of a n00bish question but it is absolutely doing my head in! :/

I have got Amiga Forever 2012 and i have attempted to install the kxlight environment to my 4GB USB Kingston pen drive. After much perseverance with cfdisk throwing partition and cycle errors at me, i managed to get the files to successfully install. Once i had installed i then rebooted my netbook to run from the USB drive. At first it seems to attempt to boot, shows the amiga forever grey splash/loading screen but then does nothing apart from show this screen and i also noticed that the caps lock light is flashing on and off. I also tried to boot the usb drive on another laptop to exactly the same result .

Any help would with this would be greatly appreciated as im to the end of my tether with it.

Thanks in anticipation!

Old 03 February 2013, 05:31   #2
fishyfish
Banned

Generally the flashing keyboard LEDs mean linux kernel crash. Assuming this is the problem there's no real fix other than getting your hands dirty (making AF/KX Light more or less redundant in the process).
Only thing I can think to suggest other than replacing linux kernel/distro is to disable anything unused in your bios, and perhaps changing sata to ide compatible mode.
No guarantee this will work, but often a linux kernel crash is caused by unsupported h/w issues.

p.s. Im not %100 sure this is the problem, but going by the info you provided it does sond as though it may be.
Old 03 February 2013, 21:02   #3
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
...often a linux kernel crash is caused by unsupported h/w issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
...going by the info you provided it does sound as though it may be.
I was thinking 'unsupported hardware' as soon as I read the OP but, lacking experience with KX light on latterday hardware, I was not able to reply as eloquently as fishyfish.

I'm now almost certain that's the problem.