English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 09 October 2017, 20:24   #21
Cobe

I think you still have dual layer artifacts, try not to use bitmap 1 but just 0.
Old 09 October 2017, 21:13   #22
gazj82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
I think you still have dual layer artifacts, try not to use bitmap 1 but just 0.
Ah ok, now I think this makes sense. Some of the reason I had this in the first place was because when the player passes over the humans to sting them. The blit buffer would put images back on the screen in the wrong place. This is why I enabled two bitmaps. I will try to squeeze everthing into one.
Old 09 October 2017, 21:45   #23
gazj82

Ok I have cleared up the dual playfield and have all colours working in 4 bitplanes and I have learn't lots about how the Amiga displays things reading wiki's and with loads of help from Cobe. In fact I can probably make it work in 8 colours now it has clicked.

One problem without dual playfiled. The objects start wiping out the background, even when using bblit. I am obviously missing something with this still. Also my objects that I blit have a black box around them. If this box wasn't present I would probably get away with qblit. I have defined my objects with the right amount of pixels so I don't quite get why this happens.
Old 10 October 2017, 23:54   #24
gazj82

Now works on an A500, see the Zone "KillerBees.adf". I will post an aminet link when it gets updated.

Thank you everyone for all your help
Old 11 October 2017, 00:00   #25
DamienD
Banned

Nice one gazj82

...I was just about to remove your entry from the Ports / Conversions --> Amiga thread as upon further analysis; the game wasn't really complete / still WIP

<joking>

Well done again and thanks for optimising so quickly (this goes to others who assisted in the process; you know who you are; *cough* Cobe)!!!
Old 11 October 2017, 00:06   #26
gazj82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Nice one gazj82

...I was just about to remove your entry from the Ports / Conversions --> Amiga thread as upon further analysis; the game wasn't really complete

<joking>

Well done again!!!
To be honest I do kinda wish I had released a little later now and made sure all the kinks were out.

I think I had gone blind to some of the small bugs due to so much playtesting all in one weekend. When picking it up after some much needed sleep I noticed loads.

It's nice to get it working for A500 users too. I learn't a lot about Amiga bitplanes when doing this too. Before that I just used earok's tutorial code without completely understanding it.

Again lots of other peoples efforts to thank for helping me along the way.
Old 11 October 2017, 16:43   #27
Nobby_UK

Wow !!!
That is fast !
Old 11 October 2017, 17:18   #28
gazj82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby_UK View Post
Wow !!!
That is fast !
It is, even tho the graphics are simple, there are a lot of sprites moving round the screen at high speeds especially in the later levels.
Old 02 November 2017, 03:18   #29
thedevilbunny

I think you did a damn fine job on this. I LOVE the O2, so when I saw this pop I was very excited, and the game did not disappoint! Thank you!
Old 10 December 2017, 14:25   #30
gazj82

Sorry haven't checked back here in a while. Your welcome "thedevilbunny". Next project is 75% finished.
Old 20 June 2018, 16:08   #31
commie1974
Amiga? What's that?!?

It rocks!!!!!!!
Thank you, Gary!
This is one of the best gifts to the Amiga community I've seen during the last years!
Old 30 July 2018, 20:24   #32
TEOL

Good game but sad it was made to work on an A1200 2MB but not done in true 32-Bit port technology but 16-Bit ECS.

Would be cool for the next one to start off with full AGA graphics then make a downgraded copy of those graphics slap the same code on each of the different graphics sets to make them move.

ECS version for those with only and ECS. AGA 2MB version for us to take full advantage of the extra speeds and graphics by having a true AGA version on your next one.

AGA 2MB really is getting no love or new games at all as all the new homebrews are made for 1MB ECS on an AGA machine making graphics in ECS modes.

I think the way to go forward is to keep AGA originals and make ECS copies in the lower colour mode build the games with the same code and release them.

But then I'm biosed.

Why was AMIGA Puggsy not as good as the MD version. It's because the graphics were made on an A4000 for all versions but the AMIGA one they thown away the backgrounds downgraded the graphics to ECS and slapped it on the AMIGA in ECS only.

Had they used their original A4000 graphics including backgrounds and just slapped it on the A1200 as the stuff was and still downgraded the graphics and use the same code on it we could have had 2 versions with one being idental to the Megadrive and one being playable on the A500 1MB with the 2MB being well better with backgrounds.

Great job though like that the AMIGA is getting love in general. I just think A1200 should get better multi paralax and colours stuff like they were made for.

Ok a Videopac game doesn't need the graphics but it will bring the extra smoothness had it been made in AGA graphics and RAM targeting AGA with a downscaled dimmer colours ECS copies of the graphics and the same code slapped on both projects.

Ok I'm talking way off the rails about passion projects for AGA and ECS combined targetings but projects need to go that direction its the future of Homebrew I think bringing back the A1200 and A500 2 versions 2 sets of graphics and backgrounds same code thing.

Great project regardness of my future projects talk.

I think the doors or windows are a bit narrow the orignal had big wide squares for them but the colours are spot on the ECS can pull it off quite a lot.
Old 31 July 2018, 00:20   #33
DamienD
Banned

Eh? Your suggesting that developers make two sets of graphics for any new Amiga games; AGA firstly and then OCS / ECS afterwards...

...that will more than double, possibly quadruple the time required to create anything new.

Yeah, I can really see that catching on... let's see how many active developers take on your suggestions shall we?
Old 31 July 2018, 02:19   #34
idrougge

It's a game made for a 1975 vintage graphics architecture — why would you need AGA for this?