English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 24 May 2012, 15:23   #1201
alenppc

I finally got around installing my AGA MKII yesterday on a "new" A1200 NTSC board I got from Vesalia.

I had no time to play around with it too much. My cheap Acer LCD monitor does not work with NTSC modes over DVI, and oddly enough only displays half of the image on PAL (the picture is stretched across the screen and only half it is displayed with a huge black border on the left, very odd). I will try with a different monitor in the next few days. Everything works fine over VGA, but the picture quality is obviously lower. Will play with it more in the next few days. Have to try to see what it looks like on my led TV.
Old 24 May 2012, 19:05   #1202
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenppc View Post
I finally got around installing my AGA MKII yesterday on a "new" A1200 NTSC board I got from Vesalia.

I had no time to play around with it too much. My cheap Acer LCD monitor does not work with NTSC modes over DVI, and oddly enough only displays half of the image on PAL (the picture is stretched across the screen and only half it is displayed with a huge black border on the left, very odd). I will try with a different monitor in the next few days. Everything works fine over VGA, but the picture quality is obviously lower. Will play with it more in the next few days. Have to try to see what it looks like on my led TV.
To be expected until Jens releases the Config Tool. We're all desperate to use it but Jens won't rush the release until it's tested and ready!
Old 24 May 2012, 19:23   #1203
Akiko

I'm surprised how many people keep mentioning DVI as if they expected it would work out of the box, it's been well publicised the firmware for this product is in beta stages and updates will be released in due course.
Old 24 May 2012, 19:25   #1204
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
To be expected until Jens releases the Config Tool. We're all desperate to use it but Jens won't rush the release until it's tested and ready!
Ja it's been said so many times.

I'm happy that it's sat there, installed and ready and waiting. I dont want some rushed and buggy piece of software, I assume we all here dont either. so i'm waiting patiently for Jens to release it
Old 24 May 2012, 21:02   #1205
albatorsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiko View Post
I'm surprised how many people keep mentioning DVI as if they expected it would work out of the box
Just a quick note if anyone's interested, but the DVI signal works great on my Sanyo Z2000 projector (with an HDMI adapter). I've tried the PAL modes and so far all of them has worked fine. I couldn't be happier

Old 25 May 2012, 00:50   #1206
magnetic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenppc View Post
My cheap Acer LCD monitor does not work with NTSC modes over DVI, and oddly enough only displays half of the image on PAL (the picture is stretched across the screen and only half it is displayed with a huge black border on the left, very odd)..
Man I really need NTSC modes.. I'm back in the studio so maybe tonight i'll install and test. Gotta do some real work before the fun work though.
Old 25 May 2012, 13:51   #1207
p@rity

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
Man I really need NTSC modes.. I'm back in the studio so maybe tonight i'll install and test. Gotta do some real work before the fun work though.
I installed one in my NTSC machine and it works fine on a Dell 2007FPb using DVI, although it appears slightly less 'crisp' than it look on a PAL machine using the same monitor. I did have to upload the test core that Jens provided earlier in this thread.
Old 25 May 2012, 14:43   #1208
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
Where is the flashtool, by the way ?
Old 25 May 2012, 14:56   #1209
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb132 View Post
I guess its still being worked on.
Old 25 May 2012, 15:02   #1210
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb132 View Post
At the most natural position you can imagine: The product page.

Go to icomp.de -> English -> products -> Amiga/Retro -> Indivision AGA MK2

The page doesn't show much at the moment, but it contains what you're looking for.

Jens
Old 25 May 2012, 15:04   #1211
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

come on guys dont rush jens and team as we dont want a buggy flash tool give them some time

we have waited this long for a working indy 2 so a bit longer wont hurt
Old 25 May 2012, 16:39   #1212
alenppc

Calm down, guys... Nobody is rushing Jens here... Also my post wasn't a complaint, just an observation. Until we have the tool, it still helps to know which monitors support the current config, does it not?

Speaking of which, tried an old 2006 Samsung LCD monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 225BW), currently it does not support any modes. It's probably more likely that newer hardware will work. Have a few more to try.
Old 26 May 2012, 03:03   #1213
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
Same with me: I was not inquiring but just asking...

My Indy card has been delivered in France and I don't even have it yet as I'm living in Australia... I will get it next month after my holidays in Europe so I'm certainly NOT in the rush - just delighted to read all great feedbacks here.
Old 26 May 2012, 04:16   #1214
magnetic
Banned

Well I installed the board and tried it with my DELL 22in lcd and DVI w/NTSC didnt work, didnt work on vga either.. said "out of range"
I would try my older 17in lcd with vga but cant find the psu..

I'll do some more experimenting.
Old 26 May 2012, 15:29   #1215
hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
The XTreme mode is the same speed, just a higher resolution. The burden on Alice-DMA is the same, so the performance CPU->Chipmem is the same, resulting in the same speed.

Jens
Ah I see, cool. Sounds almost too good to be true! But, please forgive my ignorance here, wouldn't the percieved speed/responsiveness still be slower, as a higher resolution would mean more data to shuffle around, no?

What about chip mem consumption then? Do you actually have any substantial amounts left after opening an Xtreme screen?

Sorry if I'm going slightly off-topic here.
Old 26 May 2012, 16:27   #1216
golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post

What about chip mem consumption then? Do you actually have any substantial amounts left after opening an Xtreme screen?
Running highgfx 64 colours I have over a meg chip left if that helps. I am running fblit.

Anyone know if this looks like the right resistor for the gfx artifact overheating timing fix? Maplins hadn't heard of size 0805 and offered me large or small. I said the latter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00005.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	31714  
Old 26 May 2012, 16:51   #1217
ajk

0805 would be a surface mount resistor, ie. a little ~2 mm long rectangle without any wires. Maplins must not be a very electronics oriented store But you can bend the wires on that to suit the pad arrangement and solder it in, if you need the fix done sooner rather than later. It's not going to be flush with the PCB though so make sure nothing can snag on it and destructively pull it off the board.
Old 26 May 2012, 17:25   #1218
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

guys you can use the superplus driver from indy ecs 800x600 256 colours works bar some banding its faster and no artifacts
Old 26 May 2012, 18:45   #1219
p@rity

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem View Post
Running highgfx 64 colours I have over a meg chip left if that helps. I am running fblit.

Anyone know if this looks like the right resistor for the gfx artifact overheating timing fix? Maplins hadn't heard of size 0805 and offered me large or small. I said the latter.
Any resistor with the same value/tolerance will do, but a 0805 fits perfectly between the two pads. With a little wire bending and clipping I am sure you can make these work... but the will strain the pads a lot more than the smd equivalent. You also need to be more fareful about accidentally shorting something.
Old 26 May 2012, 20:38   #1220
bbond007

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
come on guys dont rush jens and team as we dont want a buggy flash tool give them some time

we have waited this long for a working indy 2 so a bit longer wont hurt
Also, the flash tool in its current state has the tendency to fail leaving the Indivision in a non-working state. Its probably my 1260 which i should have disabled.. I got mine back to the original firmware and decided to quit pressing my luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by p@rity View Post
Any resistor with the same value/tolerance will do, but a 0805 fits perfectly between the two pads. With a little wire bending and clipping I am sure you can make these work... but the will strain the pads a lot more than the smd equivalent. You also need to be more fareful about accidentally shorting something.
I did have the graphics glitches in multiscan modes on my 1D.4 A1200 as well as another A1200 I towered a long time ago. Certain colors world start flicking any time a breeze went through the room. Sometimes it would be really bad... In both cases I did the following fix:

http://aminet.net/package/docs/hard/flickerfix

If i am understanding this correctly, the problem with your A1200s, not the Indivision, so why apply the fix to the Indivision?

Last edited by bbond007; 26 May 2012 at 20:47.